That just happened achievement....not working? please read

Note- I am on Heroic, I am online and never disconnected…and of course I never died…

Attempt 1 - My friend and I played together and I stayed back and he did most the level, he died several times, I did not… we finished…no achievment…

Attempt 2 - I did it solo and went through the whole level straight through, no shortcuts…and I never died… still no achievement…

Anyone help me understand? Please

Edited by Moderator - Please do not bump posts

> bump again… legitimate post… need help…somebody pay attention

It’s a weird achievement. I did it solo, reverted back a checkpoint whenever I was about to die and didnt get it

Hmm. I don’t know about you, but it seems this achievement works for this guy…

Or try clearing the Hard Drive cache on your Xbox. I don’t know If It will help, but you can always try.

It needs to be on legendary.

> Note- I am on Heroic, I am online and never disconnected…and of course I never died…
>
> Attempt 1 - My friend and I played together and I stayed back and he did most the level, he died several times, I did not… we finished…no achievment…
>
> Attempt 2 - I did it solo and went through the whole level straight through, no shortcuts…and I never died… still no achievement…
>
> Anyone help me understand? Please

Ok I’ll try.

The reason why you most likely failed the first attempt is because your friends deaths counted towards you as well (but of course this theory goes against a number of other achievements) 343 most likely didn’t want people cheating this one.

The second attempt I have an idea why. Did you at any time revert a checkpoint when you got killed? Because if so it still counts as a “death”. The moment it hits you and causes your death is counted as a death.

Edit:// Also remember sometimes the achievement will pop-up after the cutscene.

Start from a brand-new run: don’t resume from a checkpoint where you already got a death.

Don’t use revert to save, don’t use restart misson. Do you get the achievement then?

Also, since someone has already posted a link to the gameplay, you can check out the version of my run with commentary here. Hopefully that will make re-tries easier and quicker.

> It needs to be on legendary.

nope it NEEDS to be on heroic

Just for clarification:

That Just Happened - Complete the level “The Library” on Heroic difficulty or higher without dying.

Speed Reader - Complete the level “The Library” on Legendary difficulty in 30 minutes or less.

So they are valid doing this on solo heroic. Having done both on my first playthrough (without bandanna skull also) and received it, here is my advice. Do not revert to save, do not attempt in co-op (lag issues as well as other issues), and do not take your time killing everything as the spawning on that level in particular can be extremely difficult to deal with on Heroic or Legendary. Bandanna skull + corner “choke points” work wonders and helps greatly. Happy hunting.

dont die - anyone
dont revert

win

Ok I’ll try.

The reason why you most likely failed the first attempt is because your friends deaths counted towards you as well

actually my coop partner died several times and i still got it. vise versa when i helped him. btw the first sentence is a quote