That Halo Documentary, was...

Just… lost for words…

That. Was THE BEST documentary, I’ve EVER seen.

It was sure amazing. Best video game documentary easily.

I can’t find it. Just the one from the orginal Halo 2. Any links?

> 2533274844635278;4:
> I can’t find it. Just the one from the orginal Halo 2. Any links?

Yeah, you can’t find it on YouTube. It’s available on Twitch and Xbox Video.

Agreed, I loved every second of it.

That documentary was pure awesomeness. Definitely the best documentary ever…of all time. Brought back a lot of nostalgia. I didn’t think it would be possible for me to be any more excited for the MCC but i was wrong. I have had goosebumps ever since i watched it last night.

Because of Microsofts inability to listen to international customers, I can’t watch this documentary.

I can find it when I set my Xbox One to english language, but Xbox Video app won’t let me see it because my consoles location (USA) and my current location (Sweden) are not the same. I use english language because the Kinect Voice commands won’t work otherwise (i.e they are selling a product that does not work).

When I change it to Sweden/Swedish (I can’t even choose Sweden/English…) the Halo 2 documentary won’t even show up! Why am I not allowed to see this documenatary?

Microsoft/343i need to start looking after their international costumers, this is ridicilous. FIX THIS.

Yeah it was great.

About halfway through, first thing I’m doing when I get home later is finishing it.

It wasn’t that great, didn’t really need 30 minutes of ''ZomG! Halo 2 was the best!" but to each his own. I would have preferred a more in depth ‘making of’ documentary, this was mainly just retrospective and stuff we’ve seen from the various con panels.

The documentary was very nostalgia inducing and the more I watched it the more excited I got for the Master Chief Collection, especially Halo 2 Anniversary. I just wish the documentary was longer. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274855358659;11:
> It wasn’t that great, didn’t really need 30 minutes of ''ZomG! Halo 2 was the best!" but to each his own. I would have preferred a more in depth ‘making of’ documentary, this was mainly just retrospective and stuff we’ve seen from the various con panels.

Yeah, I do wish we would have gotten more information on the development on Halo 2.

Many chills were sent through the bodies of Halo fans! I thought my body was going to explode from the nostalgia!

It was a great way to release the BTS , thoughts , and lil sneak peaks into MCC and “stir up the hornets nest” so to speak.

The biggest surprise to me in documentary was when Marty was talking about the music and said that John Mayer was actually playing on the Soundtrack. That song in the credits was one of my first inspirations to pick up a guitar. He was one of my inspiration before I knew who he was.

The parts about composing and recording the music were interesting. While graphics might age and look dated quickly, music and storytelling can be carried forward more easily. Interesting that they redid all the foley sound stuff for 2, too.

Evocative music is pretty much guaranteed to push the nostalgia button. I’m sure people who grew up on Halo were getting goosebumps when they were showing the choral theme recording.

It was fantastic

I got such a nostalgia trip from that.
I got goosebumps honestly. Kinda nerdy but I DONT CARE! :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274811493831;16:
> The biggest surprise to me in documentary was when Marty was talking about the music and said that John Mayer was actually playing on the Soundtrack. That song in the credits was one of my first inspirations to pick up a guitar. He was one of my inspiration before I knew who he was.

I literally had a fit when he said that that was John Mayer. Usually ya can recognise the tone of someone’s guitar, e.g David Gilmour has that extremely distinct, reverberant, clean tone which can be recognised from a mile away… But I had no idea it was Mayer playing it! Can definitely recognise it now though :slight_smile:

More of a reason why Halo 2 was awesome. Nile Rodgers producing the sound track, Steve Vai creating awesome music, completely capturing the Halo sound… And Mr Mayer adding his small touch to the track! More of a reason why Halo as a whole is awesome!