That first cut-scene was amazing...

Remember the opening cinematic when Halsey is being interrogated? You see the city being invaded by the Convenant. The Spartans fly down to defend the people and face off against the Elites. Man, that was breathtaking… Not gonna lie, I got goosebumps. Imagine getting to play out that level!

Personally I don’t think the campaign lived up to that opening, but we all have our opinions. I just wanted to say how awesome that opening scene was.

Anyone agree/disagree?

Like any other type of media, you always have to have a spectacular opening to suck in the people. I personally thought it was live action until I paid closer attention to detail. Such a breathtaking cutscene. I must admit the game didn’t live up to that particular cutscene, but the game itself was fantastic on it’s own merits, and definitely surpassed my expectations.

My favorite part was where they disregarded cannon, and showed MC in the Halo 4 armor well before he even got the Mark IV. Yay…

“But most of all… Don’t underestimate…him…”

I loved it. Still do.

> My favorite part was where they disregarded cannon, and showed MC in the Halo 4 armor well before he even got the Mark IV. Yay…

I’ll assume you’re being sarcastic and agree with the sentiment, it was pure lazy not to have used Mk.IV, its not like they don’t have 3d models floating around. It did ruin some of the immersion for my logical mind.

Was a really good cutscene. Almost looks like live-action.

Don’t like how they showed all those Spartans in Mk.6-B, but oh well.

Happy they showed the Halo 3 Red Brute Chieftain (like it much better than the Reach version). Also, the Plasma Rifle and even dual-wielding it with an Energy Sword was nice.

And you know that Elite that screamed when he saw all those Spartans arrving was saying a very naughty word that’s similar to fudge.

> > My favorite part was where they disregarded cannon, and showed MC in the Halo 4 armor well before he even got the Mark IV. Yay…
>
> I’ll assume you’re being sarcastic and agree with the sentiment, it was pure lazy not to have used Mk.IV, its not like they don’t have 3d models floating around. It did ruin some of the immersion for my logical mind.

This was one thing I really appreciated about Halo Wars. It visually showed Spartans in what looked like less advanced, bulkier mjolnir armor. …even if in gameplay the Spartans had energy shields, which they weren’t given until later (right before the fall of Reach). …but gameplay has rarely followed cannon.

I disagree with the sentiment that the opening cutscene was “awesome”. The realism of the graphics was of a high standard (but not perfect) and the dialogue animations were a big improvement from past games but still not quite there. More importantly though the scene itself felt out of place; it was ok at what it did, but it was doing the wrong thing. It created a rather pretentious atmosphere for the story to spiral downwards from.

When Halsey said not to underestimed Cheif. Another famous Halo quote was made. Also that cutscene was AMAZING!

I like watching it in spanish.

I thought it was great. My favourite part was when he says “Catherine… Spartans never die” then everything after that is just amazing.

> I thought it was great. My favourite part was when he says “Catherine… Spartans never die” then everything after that is just amazing.

Yup. And the ending is amazing and sad as well. crying. Anyway, my favorite part is when the Spartans are dropped from the Pelican to atack the Elites.

Eh, I thought Halsey came across overly nostalgic and corny in the intro movie. Her best line is in Spartan Ops. When asked what they did with abducted kids… “First we taught them to be silent. Then we taught them to be Spartans”.