That Fall Update

The community update says there’ll be more to the update than 4k and sandbox tuning. Does this mean we can resurrect most wanted DLC threads? They were always my favorite. As soon as I read something my brain could shoehorn new REQs into I thought (and it was in all caps with spelling errors) THERE’S ANOTHER CHANCE TO GET THE FALCON IN WARZONE!!! (AND AN ONI FALCON WITH G.L.S JUST LIKE IN THE REACH CAMPAIGN, BOTH WITH PILOT OPERABLE LIMITED F.O.V. STRAFING CANNONS!!!) Anyways, anybody else have that reaction about a DLC item? What was yours?

Don’t get your hopes up:

> Many things are still in flux - the team is always pushing to jam more and more into a CU since you never know if/when the next one might come. That said, you should temper expectations - I’m not aware of things like weapons, vehicles, enemies, etc… being added in the Fall update. @ske7ch343

Again, there is absolutely no new content coming with this SANDBOX UPDATE. It would defeat the entire purpose of the update if you worked your -Yoink- off day and night for who knows how long trying to balance everything only to -Yoink- yourselves over by introducing something that A.) doesn’t fit with the new or old sandbox, and B.) could potentially be overpowered/underpowered and break the balance you strived to create. GIVE. IT. UP.

> 2533274862181038;2:
> Don’t get your hopes up:
>
>
>
>
> > Many things are still in flux - the team is always pushing to jam more and more into a CU since you never know if/when the next one might come. That said, you should temper expectations - I’m not aware of things like weapons, vehicles, enemies, etc… being added in the Fall update. @ske7ch343

this should be posted in every thread regarding any updates in fall.
way too many people got already way too high expectactions and hopes.

I don’t see a reason why new things can’t be added to the game. Nobody said it would effect the balancing aforementioned above, especially if they are included into new maps or playlists. Likewise, new content doesn’t mean it has to be a new vehicle or a weapon. It could simply be a map with some well placed weaponry with a hotfix patch to balance in the event it is needed. We could simply get a new armor or emblem, a new weapon even. Something as simple as a new magnum or brand new REQ vehicle in general would be accepted. It’s not to say it’s expected, more of just a simple request.

Now is the time to make these requests at most. A lot of players are asking for new content because they are still very active in Halo 5 and want it to be this way until another big Halo title releases. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making a request to keep the life of the game extended and fun. My REQ collection is almost complete, I would like to have some new stuff to work for in game and enjoy with my friends. If we get something, great, if not, oh well.

Personally, if any new player content were added, I would like a new suit, or maybe another variant of Mark V armor to go with the Delta helmet, though that’s a significant request. I think a Fall content update would be perfect to introduce some Banished era weaponry into Halo 5. Perhaps a Brute Shot, or a Mauler, Spiker, or something as trivial as the mace that Atriox uses. This would be a great opportunity for a new Legendary/Mythic weapon. :slight_smile:

I’ll take whatever they get. I aint expecting much, if they give us something awesome, then sweet. If not, whatever.

I am not holding my breathe for much. We may see the “classic settings” playlist they were supposed to be working on. With some new maps perhaps, I know some one forged a awesome construct remake in H5. We may get a new warzone map. I don’t see them adding any more vehicles but if they did I hope it’s the chopper from H3, would go hand in hand with the “classic” theme. Maybe see the introduction of the brute shot?

> 2533274907200114;6:
> I’ll take whatever they get. I aint expecting much, if they give us something awesome, then sweet. If not, whatever.

Pretty much my attitude now.

Mabye there could be elephants or even oni elephants, hornets,choppers,bruteshots,and many other items from past halo games that couldn’t make there way into halo 5.

> 2533274864304862;5:
> I don’t see a reason why new things can’t be added to the game. Nobody said it would effect the balancing aforementioned above, especially if they are included into new maps or playlists. Likewise, new content doesn’t mean it has to be a new vehicle or a weapon. It could simply be a map with some well placed weaponry with a hotfix patch to balance in the event it is needed. We could simply get a new armor or emblem, a new weapon even. Something as simple as a new magnum or brand new REQ vehicle in general would be accepted. It’s not to say it’s expected, more of just a simple request.
>
> Now is the time to make these requests at most. A lot of players are asking for new content because they are still very active in Halo 5 and want it to be this way until another big Halo title releases. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making a request to keep the life of the game extended and fun. My REQ collection is almost complete, I would like to have some new stuff to work for in game and enjoy with my friends. If we get something, great, if not, oh well.
>
> Personally, if any new player content were added, I would like a new suit, or maybe another variant of Mark V armor to go with the Delta helmet, though that’s a significant request. I think a Fall content update would be perfect to introduce some Banished era weaponry into Halo 5. Perhaps a Brute Shot, or a Mauler, Spiker, or something as trivial as the mace that Atriox uses. This would be a great opportunity for a new Legendary/Mythic weapon. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this input. I realize now that I posed this in an inaccurate way and that’s my bad. I do clinical genetics validation all day so believe me I love a good feasibility study and I think another thread could be made in specific to discuss what SKE7CH is hinting at when he says;
“…even as we’re nearing two years since release, the team is far from done.”
“there will be a variety of other cool odds and ends included beyond 4K support.”
However, the point if this thread is to share what you got exited about upon learning they’re not done with H5 just yet. Also, SKE7CH isn’t ‘aware’ of my FALCON because it has an invisibility power-up lol.

They could also add bosses from halo wars 2 in a warzone update.

> 2535441387134757;11:
> They could also add bosses from halo wars 2 in a warzone update.

Yes. More content. I haven’t played HW2, but I still like the idea of having more bosses to fight.

They will definitely not intro new weapons after spending all this time tuning and balancing, but there is a feasible middle ground: skin swaps for existing weapons to promote Halo Wars 2. E.g. making all plasma rifles look like brute spikers, making the splinter turret look like a brute shot, or making the energy sword green to nod to HW2:ATN. As the Community Update said, their focus is on updates that fit into a promo for a MS product, hence why they’re doing the 4k update: to bulk up the AAA offerings for Xbox One S and X going into the holiday sales season.

> 2535441387134757;9:
> Mabye there could be elephants or even oni elephants, hornets,choppers,bruteshots,and many other items from past halo games that couldn’t make there way into halo 5.

So many people want brute weapons in halo 5 - it would be so siiiick

It’ll be cool if they did release a whole bunch but I’m not expecting much honestly.