"That" Covenant ship

During the episode one cinematic for spartan ops the infinity literally gives a massive ship a new -Yoink-. Is it a supercruiser like from the books? It looks like a larger version of a ccs battle cruiser with “spikes.”

Whatever it is, is was certainly very cool when it just cut through that Covenant -Yoink- like a knife through butter!!!

I thought it was just another CCS, maybe it’s just how the scenes runs that makes it seems like it’s bigger? Anyway, Infinity kicks -Yoinks!-!

> I thought it was just another CCS, maybe it’s just how the scenes runs that makes it seems like it’s bigger? Anyway, Infinity kicks -Yoinks!-!

Perspective maybe? I’d hate to think 343 was recycling the same models for different ship classes…

Other smaller ccs cruisers fly very close to it. It’s not perspective, the ship is massive.

Not even joking, I laughed like I had been possessed when I saw that. The sheer awesomeness almost made me urinate down my leg from unhindered jubilation.

It was pretty friggin sweet to finally see the Covies get handed their own backsides in a space battle for a change.

The ship was merely a normal CCS-class battlecruiser. This chart has a size comparison between a CCS and a CAS, which is about 400 meters smaller than Infinity.

The smaller cruisers that look similar to the CSS-class cruisers are CRS-class Light Cruisers. They are described in the Visual Guide to look very similar to CSS cruisers.

That’s an RCS cruiser, an older kind of ship, bigger than the CCS Battlecruiser.

It’s more easily recognizable than either the CRS Lightcruiser or the CCS Battlecruiser because it has three extra “spikes” pointing upwards on both sides of it’s “troat”, and it’s overall structure seems much more skeletal than those of the other two classes.
It also has a lot more lights than the other two normal cruiser classes, with even it’s sides being bombarded with lots and lots of them.

Here’s a size comparison between all three of the cruiser classes:
https://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_scalecomparison/1280h.html?display=covmain

I like the ship since it differentiates itself visually and not just in practice (unlike the CRS, although I still like that class).

I just realized this was back from 2012 back when the lore drop for the RCS hasn’t existed yet.

Waitstoo is correct.
The RCS cruiser is an older cruiser predating the CCS. It had heavier physical armor, but less shielding than the newer designs.

Don’t revive <mark>9 year old topics</mark> please