Thankyou 343 for not Including AL.

343 has corrected a tragic embarrasement by bungie by not including Armor lock in Halo 4,This AA slowed down Game play so bad and had no real strategic value at all other than to infuriate the other team to throw of their game.
I love the Idea of the Sheild though, it only gives you protection from the front and offers atleast a chance for an enemy to take advantage of an opening if not used correctly,this will require alot more strategy when used and does not slow down gameplay in the least from what iv seen.

What are your thoughts on The new Light sheild AA?

Hardlight Shield will be a big debate in the future, as long as it takes a while to turn with it from side to side like it does now, I’ll be fine with it.

Hard Light Shield looks tolerable because you can still kill a shield user with a nade. What intrigues me is, will the Shield be able to destroy vehicles AL style?

Also:

Assassination performed on Shield user = WIN!

> Hard Light Shield looks tolerable because you can still kill a shield user with a nade. What intrigues me is, will the Shield be able to destroy vehicles AL style?
>
> Also:
>
> Assassination performed on Shield user = WIN!

That would be awsome if you can still destroy a charging vehicle with it! lol

The hard light shield looks easy to deal with, just shoot at the feet, and if that doesn’t work then throw a grenade next to it, if you don’t have a grenade then it looks like your going in for some close quarters combat.

Another good move on 343’s part.

Does anybody know how long it takes to deploy and how much damage it can take?

> Does anybody know how long it takes to deploy and how much damage it can take?

Are you referring to the Hard Light Shield? If you are, I herd it can take any amount of damage, you can’t break it, it will last for 8 seconds, when getting close to 8 seconds, it will turn red. At least that’s what I herd.

The shield looks like a well balanced thought out AA that will honestly enhance Halo gameplay.

As for AL, it’s been replaced with the OP PV. AL was a nuisance. PV will be an all out game breaker.

> > Does anybody know how long it takes to deploy and how much damage it can take?
>
> Are you referring to the Hard Light Shield? If you are, I herd it can take any amount of damage, you can’t break it, it will last for 8 seconds, when getting close to 8 seconds, it will turn red. At least that’s what I herd.

Yeah thats what i meant, and thats cool that its on a timer and not deteriorated by damage.

> > Hard Light Shield looks tolerable because you can still kill a shield user with a nade. What intrigues me is, will the Shield be able to destroy vehicles AL style?
> >
> > Also:
> >
> > Assassination performed on Shield user = WIN!
>
> That would be awsome if you can still destroy a charging vehicle with it! lol

People said that AL destroying vehicles would also be awesome, when in real gameplay, it is not.
I doubt the hard light shield will be able to stop a vehicle, if anything it resembles a carry-able portion of a bubble shield.

Instead they bring jet pack back which is worse than AL.

I don’t really have an opinion on it. Armor Lock was a good anti-vehicle AA, but otherwise, just annoying.

> Instead they bring jet pack back which is worse than AL.

Worse? How? Armour Lock was a road block for adrenaline and gameplay. Jet Pack lets you get to high places, puts you above your enemy, but also puts you in the open. Seems pretty balanced to me.

> Instead they bring jet pack back which is worse than AL.

The jetpack in halo 4 isnt really a jetpack in the sense that you can fly with it,it supposed to be used more like the evade AA but can also go up, its more of a jump like the flying brutes.

also,the jetpack was awesome.

> > Instead they bring jet pack back which is worse than AL.
>
> Worse? How? Armour Lock was a road block for adrenaline and gameplay. Jet Pack lets you get to high places, puts you above your enemy, but also puts you in the open. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Without getting into a jetpack argument:
A jetpacker can shoot you in the head when you can potentially only shoot their feet.
Jetpackers can still nade you where you can not nade a jetpacker.

Jetpacking is extremely one sided in a y axis fight.

> > Instead they bring jet pack back which is worse than AL.
>
> Worse? How? Armour Lock was a road block for adrenaline and gameplay. Jet Pack lets you get to high places, puts you above your enemy, but also puts you in the open. Seems pretty balanced to me.

AL some sit there for 5 sec. or one grenade in TU and then bang that’s it and you kill him. JP breaks maps, you get to places you shouldn’t, instant map control breaker, and being in the open is only a disadvantage if they are far away enough. If they are flying directly over you they have an instant advantage, especially if they have nades.

> > > Instead they bring jet pack back which is worse than AL.
> >
> > Worse? How? Armour Lock was a road block for adrenaline and gameplay. Jet Pack lets you get to high places, puts you above your enemy, but also puts you in the open. Seems pretty balanced to me.
>
> AL some sit there for 5 sec. or one grenade in TU and then bang that’s it and you kill him. JP breaks maps, you get to places you shouldn’t, instant map control breaker, and being in the open is only a disadvantage if they are far away enough. If they are flying directly over you they have an instant advantage, especially if they have nades.

They are an open target…i dont see how you would have a problem killing jetpackers, iv never had any atleast.

> >
> > Worse? How? Armour Lock was a road block for adrenaline and gameplay. Jet Pack lets you get to high places, puts you above your enemy, but also puts you in the open. Seems pretty balanced to me.
>
> Without getting into a jetpack argument:
> A jetpacker can shoot you in the head when you can potentially only shoot their feet.
> Jetpackers can still nade you where you can not nade a jetpacker.
>
> Jetpacking is extremely one sided in a y axis fight.

If people acted more as teams more often then it would be more balanced. Its one guy with some advantages in the air, but you have team members on the ground.

> >
>
> AL some sit there for 5 sec. or one grenade in TU and then bang that’s it and you kill him. JP breaks maps, you get to places you shouldn’t, instant map control breaker, and being in the open is only a disadvantage if they are far away enough. If they are flying directly over you they have an instant advantage, especially if they have nades.

I’ll also add the speed a jetpacker falls at is faster than default look speed.
Broken.

Hard light shield honestly looks balanced.