"Thanks for trusting us..."

“Every Great Journey begins with a single step. This is our beginning. <mark>Thanks for trusting us</mark> with the universe you love and joining us on this epic adventure.” -343 Industries

I don’t get it. 343 made it sound like we, the community, had some sort of choice of whether or not they could be the Halo franchises’ new “caretakers”.

After that whole GDC fiasco, I couldn’t help but to look back at this quote from the ending of the game and notice that 343 has been putting words in our mouths since the beginning and not just from the GDC Panel.

Maybe some of you have noticed this already, but I just thought I’d post this for those who didn’t.

Any other thoughts on this?

It was your choice to trust them. If you didn’t trust them, you’d have not bought the game, and yet…you probably did. So, it was everyone’s choice.

I trusted them and they betrayed my trust. Course that downward spiral happened long before Halo 4 released.

i feel like it’s another way of saying:

This is our first legitimate Halo game. We might have screwed up somewhere, and we accept that. We are trying as hard as we can to hold Halo’s name up to its expected standards. We hope that you trust us to keep Halo alive for many years to come

at least, that’s what i got out of it

I’ve been trusting 343i since i discovered they were gonna make future halo titles because they’re the only ones who can bring Halo to us… Bungie left microsoft.

I still trust you 343 and i will never stop trusting.

After Halo 4 I don’t trust them with Halo 5.

> I’ve been trusting 343i since i discovered they were gonna make future halo titles because they’re the only ones who can bring Halo to us… Bungie left microsoft.
>
> I still trust you 343 and i will never stop trusting.

I’d rather have Halo stop being made if games like Halo 4 is all we have to look forward to in the future.

> It was your choice to trust them. If you didn’t trust them, you’d have not bought the game, and yet…you probably did. So, it was everyone’s choice.

^This^

When I first got Halo 4, I spent a majority of the day playing the campaign on legendary with two friends. And since I had no multiplayer breaks, I honestly thought 343 did a good job with the game. I was wrong to trust them. I mean, things like IS were cool for the first few days, but it doesn’t take long to realize it sucks.

You trusted them them if you read that line at the end of the game. My trust was well placed.

I’d rather they just stop making halo games so the population on Reach and Halo 3 could be somewhat larger than it is now. Until it is completely engulfed by the new upcoming titles.

I did trust them but I won’t make that mistake again.

> <mark>I trusted them and they betrayed my trust.</mark> Course that downward spiral happened long before Halo 4 released.

Spartans…343i has betrayed us.
however, it has been downward even before Halo 4.

> i feel like it’s another way of saying:
>
> “This is our first legitimate Halo game. We might have screwed up somewhere, and we accept that. We are trying as hard as we can to hold Halo’s name up to its expected standards. We hope that you trust us to keep Halo alive for many years to come
>
>
> at least, that’s what i got out of it

This. Also they gave us pretty fun shooter though its not like previous halo games. I still have lots of fun playing their game.

I don’t know what you people talking about downwards spirals before the release of Halo 4 are talking about. Forgive me if I’m wrong but haven’t they bought us the Kilo-Five trilogy, forerunner saga and Halo Legends? Even tossing these awesome things aside you had probably my second favourite Halo campaign and favourite campaign of this decade so far.

Yeah the multiplayer was a bit naff to begin with, but we’ve been complimented with weapon adjustments, awesome maps (minus crimson) and a whole bloody forge world. The only part of our community not to receive something they want is the custom game community, something I have never personally had time for. I normally used to find the lobby chock full of pre-teen squealers anyway. This game is the most updated Halo game to date, a humongous amount of errors have been fixed.

In answer to the topic, yes I did trust 343 and yes I still do. Thank you for a brilliant game and keep making it better. I am confident that Halo 5 will blow us away.

Halo Reach was the start of the downward spiral. I also assume he was talking about matchmaking, not campaign/fire fight etc.

I knew it was probably going to fall very badly so I just bought the limited edition and just played and noticed all the mistakes in the customs, forge etc. Kind of good banter between friends.

I find it ridiculous that Spartan ops has an entire team of people working on it but matchmaking still has no real rank… The only reason i bought a 360 was for halo 3 but now with the past two halos i really see no reason to have one anymore. From the mouth of Brother Rob "343 had 4 games to work from 3 perfect gems with their own individual beauty and a tird, and you choose to work from the tird. 343… " I can honestly say with out a doubt that I have so many good ideas for Halo 5 that if 343 chose to follow them they could easily ten fold the amount of maps that they sell, and even ten fold the amount of player retainment. Will they listen to me, o how i wish they would but they won’t. Its sad to see the best 1st person shooter die, but as i watch it take its last breaths i realize that I’m not the one pulling the plug it is 343. MAKE A HALO 5 SUGGESTIONS WALL PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF HALO!!! AND STOP MAKING SPARTAN OPS!!!

You purchase of the game is a sign of trust to 343. If you trust them to continue, purchase Halo 5 when it is released. if you don’t, rent it or ignore it when it comes out

The multiplayer is not even close to par. The campaign is good but that does not make me want to keep playing a game. when you go from 700,000 people online to a max of 35,000 people online, you obviously did something wrong, and its almost as if 343 is in denial. Imagine the 6000000 people that played this game online the first two weeks it was out and now the less that 100000 people that have played in the past two weeks, and thats just multiplayer. How daft can a company be.