Thanks, 343!

I see many people complaining about co-op and forge not being in at launch, but they will be added shortly after, I think. Can we at least thank 343 for telling us that it would launch without these modes and keeping us updated during development? Thanks, 343.

They didn’t have a choice in the matter, they previously said it would be included. Not telling us this would be false advertising.

The real question is how long did they know these wouldn’t make it into launch? The announcement was a sucker punch. We had no clue these features, especially coop, were at jeopardy at all.

Yeah it’s also nice to know that it’s at least on the way and not cut alltogether.

Hopefully they use the extra bit of time to make co-op campaign and forge the best they can be.

I get the sentiment, but I don’t feel compelled to thank them for attempting to release an incomplete game which they will undoubtedly still sell for full price.

Coming out before hand and essentially saying, “Hey, we’re going to be launching an incomplete game this year” doesn’t really soften that blow. In fact, it’s just sad to acknowledge, as I’m sure it is for them too. But I have no plans to buy this game until it contains the content Halo consistently contains.

> 2533274820573226;6:
> I get the sentiment, but I don’t feel compelled to thank them for attempting to release an incomplete game which they will undoubtedly still sell for full price.

With that mentality might as well delay it 10 years until all the DLC is out because this game isnt complete until then.

> 2533274820573226;6:
> I get the sentiment, but I don’t feel compelled to thank them for attempting to release an incomplete game which they will undoubtedly still sell for full price.
>
> Coming out before hand and essentially saying, “Hey, we’re going to be launching an incomplete game this year” doesn’t really soften that blow. In fact, it’s just sad to acknowledge, as I’m sure it is for them too. But I have no plans to buy this game until it contains the content Halo consistently contains.

I mean, co-op is coming within 3 months, and the multiplayer is free so they’re not selling it for full price

> 2540646754085145;7:
> > 2533274820573226;6:
> > I get the sentiment, but I don’t feel compelled to thank them for attempting to release an incomplete game which they will undoubtedly still sell for full price.
>
> With that mentality might as well delay it 10 years until all the DLC is out because this game isnt complete until then.

So we’re calling Campaign co-op and Forge “DLC” now? Modes and features that have been staples in Halo titles at launch for over a decade.

Interesting.

> 2533274960271326;1:
> I see many people complaining about co-op and forget not being in at launch, but they will be added shortly after, I think. Can we at least thank 343 for telling us that it would launch without these modes and keeping us updated during development? Thanks, 343.

People are also not wanting to thank 343 for returning to a classic art style, or restoring Chiefs armor to a more classic look, or making the soundtrack sound more Halo, or essentially making sprint work perfectly, or removing the enhanced mobility that people complained about, or making elites look like the bungie design, or telling us well in advance (before preorders) that certain features won’t be at launch. It is really sad to see people just glossing over all of the right moves 343 have made in order to bash them and pretend they are the worst company ever.

> 2533274820573226;9:
> > 2540646754085145;7:
> > > 2533274820573226;6:
> > > I get the sentiment, but I don’t feel compelled to thank them for attempting to release an incomplete game which they will undoubtedly still sell for full price.
> >
> > With that mentality might as well delay it 10 years until all the DLC is out because this game isnt complete until then.
>
> So we’re calling Campaign co-op and Forge “DLC” now? Modes and features that have been staples in Halo titles at launch for over a decade.
>
> Interesting.

Halo is now following a games as service model…

The sooner that people stop pretending not to understand that, the better.

Halo Infinite 5 years from now, will be a different beast than Day 1, 90, 365…

> 2533274802341352;10:
> > 2533274960271326;1:
> > I see many people complaining about co-op and forget not being in at launch, but they will be added shortly after, I think. Can we at least thank 343 for telling us that it would launch without these modes and keeping us updated during development? Thanks, 343.
>
> People are also not wanting to thank 343 for returning to a classic art style, or restoring Chiefs armor to a more classic look, or making the soundtrack sound more Halo, or essentially making sprint work perfectly, or removing the enhanced mobility that people complained about, or making elites look like the bungie design, or telling us well in advance (before preorders) that certain features won’t be at launch. It is really sad to see people just glossing over all of the right moves 343 have made in order to bash them and pretend they are the worst company ever.

Yep, and then these subset of people prattle on like they have better ideas on what Halo is…

Not liking the delay of features is 100% fine.

Acting like 343i are a bunch of incompetents is not.

> 2533274792065063;11:
> > 2533274820573226;9:
> > > 2540646754085145;7:
> > > > 2533274820573226;6:
> > > > I get the sentiment, but I don’t feel compelled to thank them for attempting to release an incomplete game which they will undoubtedly still sell for full price.
> > >
> > > With that mentality might as well delay it 10 years until all the DLC is out because this game isnt complete until then.
> >
> > So we’re calling Campaign co-op and Forge “DLC” now? Modes and features that have been staples in Halo titles at launch for over a decade.
> >
> > Interesting.
>
> Halo is now following a games as service model…
>
> The sooner that people stop pretending not to understand that, the better.
>
> Halo Infinite 5 years from now, will be a different beast than Day 1, 90, 365…

Don’t think the issue is understanding it but rather accepting and being “ok” with it.

Halo has never been a title that was released without a core group of features and content. Now it is and I (like many others) fear this will become the new norm with a beloved series. I fully understand what it is becoming, but that doesn’t mean I like it.

> 2533274960271326;1:
> I see many people complaining about co-op and forget not being in at launch, but they will be added shortly after, I think. Can we at least thank 343 for telling us that it would launch without these modes and keeping us updated during development? Thanks, 343.

THANK YOU TO THE LEGENDARY 343 INDUSTRIES YOU NEVER DISAPPOINT!!

I will thank 343i for being transparent with us. I will thank them for working as hard as they possibly could through hardships that Covid has brought to them. I will thank them for continuing to work on things and release them as they are finished.

> 2533274820573226;9:
> > 2540646754085145;7:
> > > 2533274820573226;6:
> > > I get the sentiment, but I don’t feel compelled to thank them for attempting to release an incomplete game which they will undoubtedly still sell for full price.
> >
> > With that mentality might as well delay it 10 years until all the DLC is out because this game isnt complete until then.
>
> So we’re calling Campaign co-op and Forge “DLC” now? Modes and features that have been staples in Halo titles at launch for over a decade.
>
> Interesting.

You aged yourself…Halo has been out for 20 years…you have only been playing for 10.

> 2535445298029652;3:
> The real question is how long did they know these wouldn’t make it into launch? The announcement was a sucker punch. We had no clue these features, especially coop, were at jeopardy at all.

My best guess.
They revamped the entire game after the 2019 reveal bombed.
Staten was paid “unknown” to come on board and give the project better direction.
Remember, Staten and a small team were able to branch away from the Halo Reach team and bang out ODST in less than a year…
The Campaign is all they will be focused on up to launch as they enter a crunch.
The Flighting is literally showing us maps as they are polished,
Expect 8 MP maps at launch.
Forge, Theater, Co-Op are all on the back burner.
The only thing seemingly finalized and good to go from what we have seen so far, and inside the flight’s has been the battle pass…

EDIT: Also want to make note of a recent article that said they had been working on a battle royal mode for almost 2 years. If this was the case, they probably saw how the battlefield 5 reveal of their battle royal mode went back in 2018 and immediately changed direction. Fearing the Halo community would be in uproar if such a mode was carried over to this franchise as well…

> 2533274960271326;1:

To be perfectly honest? I’m glad they told us about this months in advance. Being the guy who grew up playing Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians, I really am happy that 343i is taking their time to fine-tune, develop and polish those two other features instead of racing the clock. Psyched out of my mind for multiplayer, thank you 343!

> 2535472923259036;18:
> > 2533274960271326;1:
> > I see many people complaining about co-op and forget not being in at launch, but they will be added shortly after, I think. Can we at least thank 343 for telling us that it would launch without these modes and keeping us updated during development? Thanks, 343.
>
> To be perfectly honest? I’m glad they told us about this months in advance. Being the guy who grew up playing Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians, I really am happy that 343i is taking their time to fine-tune, develop and polish those two other features instead of racing the clock. Psyched out of my mind for multiplayer, thank you 343!

I have to respectfully disagree with this.
I remember when Cyberpunk was going to launch as a complete campaign, and multiplayer was “in the pipeline”
Then Multiplayer was cancelled and the campaign is still being patched together…
And that’s not Cyberpunk #6
I’d accept this from a developer on their first title, not MS’s flagship franchise and the people behind it…

Thank you, Halo Gods