Thanks, 343, for bringing us Halo Anniversary

I finally got around to playing through Halo Anniversary this weekend. I would have done it sooner but this little thing called Skyrim consumed two months of my gaming time.

I just wanted to post a quick note here in appreciation of all 343 is doing with the Halo franchise. While I was playing Anniversary this weekend, I thought of all the Hollywood BluRay re-releases of classic movies and how they sometimes to add or take away things [cough cough George Lucas]. Halo Anniversary remained true to the original, while adding in Terminals and skulls. The Terminals were outstanding and worth the price of admission.

Thanks 343!

It’s nice to see this thread, especially after the one there claiming that Anniversary was a failure. I agree with you though, Halo Anniversary was excellent and I absolutely love it! :slight_smile:

Happy Face

Halo CEA was awesome. It brought back so many memories!

Agreed, CEA was fantastic :slight_smile:

Given that Anniversary is the same game as the original, I don’t see how you could hate it. It gave CE respect by keeping the original intact, while adding to the fiction through the terrific terminals, and adding a fresh layer of excitement on top with the skulls and achievements.

Aniversary was great for sure. 343 really demonstrates their ability to tell a story with the terminals and I think they did a fantastic job. I am really excited about H4 and have great faith in those forging it.

> Given that Anniversary is the same game as the original, I don’t see how you could hate it. It gave CE respect by keeping the original intact, while adding to the fiction through the terrific terminals, and adding a fresh layer of excitement on top with the skulls and achievements.

Unfortunately, there is a generation of people who don’t agree with us.

Halo CE:A was a masterpiece imo. Added new co-op online, allows for new content, and a deep, rich, fulfilling back story tying into Halo 4 via terminals.

What the hell is there NOT to like?

I loved Anniversary! Brought back many good memories and overall what an epic game! And I never fully played Combat Evolved. The game also boost up my gamerscore by a lot.

The only things I did not like was:
-Music is different, I wish there was an option just to play with the full classic soundtrack
-You can’t switch to old sounds
-You can’t turn off subtitles. I don’t really care, but I played CE without them when I was a kid.
-Menus are a bit different
-Multiplayer maps are not the same. For example, that Timberland or Ridgeline (whatever it’s called) map is a bit smaller. I like playing on Halo 2 maps but CE did not have Halo 2 maps in it’s multiplayer
-No CE multiplayer, it’s Reach with an update which for me, is close enough. I suck at Reach but thanks to no armour abilities and a good magnum the gametypes boost up my performance and K/D ratio :slight_smile: I hope they use this time to develop Halo 4 multiplayer!

What I have listed are not big but still, I don’t think Combat Evolved Anniversary is the “perfect” remake. But it delivered what it was supposed to and it is a very, very fun and cheap game. 40 dollars! Yes. I’m fourteen and I hope if my uncle comes over (he introduced me to Halo when I was like 5 or something) we can play Combat Evolved together some time heehee.

I agree with you OP, a big thanks for letting us once again relive the birth of an era, a console and a FPS series that would shape gaming for the next 10 years to come :slight_smile:

> I loved Anniversary! Brought back many good memories and overall what an epic game! And I never fully played Combat Evolved. The game also boost up my gamerscore by a lot.
>
> The only things I did not like was:
> -Music is different, I wish there was an option just to play with the full classic soundtrack
> -You can’t switch to old sounds
> -You can’t turn off subtitles. I don’t really care, but I played CE without them when I was a kid.
> -Menus are a bit different
> -Multiplayer maps are not the same. For example, that Timberland or Ridgeline (whatever it’s called) map is a bit smaller. I like playing on Halo 2 maps but CE did not have Halo 2 maps in it’s multiplayer
> -No CE multiplayer, it’s Reach with an update which for me, is close enough. I suck at Reach but thanks to no armour abilities and a good magnum the gametypes boost up my performance and K/D ratio :slight_smile: I hope they use this time to develop Halo 4 multiplayer!
>
> What I have listed are not big but still, I don’t think Combat Evolved Anniversary is the “perfect” remake. But it delivered what it was supposed to and it is a very, very fun and cheap game. 40 dollars! Yes. I’m fourteen and I hope if my uncle comes over (he introduced me to Halo when I was like 5 or something) we can play Combat Evolved together some time heehee.

It did have an option to change to classic music. I did it just to see the difference. It also had the option to turn subtitles off.