Thank you for the no bloom sniper

I’m not sure how many other people noticed, but they took the bloom off the sniper in that new UNSC video…

And thank you 343 :slight_smile:

yeah I noticed that too.

Perhaps there’s no bloom when you’re only zoomed in.

> yeah I noticed that too.
>
> Perhaps there’s no bloom when you’re only zoomed in.

There was also no bloom when he got the no scope

Implying that it actually made a difference.

> Implying that it actually made a difference.

Maybe the OP just didn’t like it being there?

O.o

> Implying that it actually made a difference.

Well it does…

Thanks for the meaningful post

> > yeah I noticed that too.
> >
> > Perhaps there’s no bloom when you’re only zoomed in.
>
> There was also no bloom when he got the no scope

Really?

:smiley:

> > Implying that it actually made a difference.
>
> Well it does…
>
> Thanks for the meaningful post

But…how? How did bloom, in any way, effect gameplay with the sniper rifle?

> > > Implying that it actually made a difference.
> >
> > Well it does…
> >
> > Thanks for the meaningful post
>
> But…how? How did bloom, in any way, effect gameplay?

Well it’s just unnecessary for one, and secondly when you double tap Y after a reload you can shoot before the bloom goes back down. I for one am someone who double taps Y after reloads a lot and I didn’t like in Reach when it effected my accuracy.

considering the bloom on the sniper was only a visual effect, and in no way made your shots inaccurate, I’d say it doesn’t matter one way or another if it was kept in. The bloom would always reset before you were even able to pull off another shot, so it did absolutely nothing in reach to effect your performance.

With this logic, I would rather keep it there as this was somewhat aesthetically pleasing to me. however this is not a big deal one way or another, and I could care less on 343’s decision on this matter.

> > > > Implying that it actually made a difference.
> > >
> > > Well it does…
> > >
> > > Thanks for the meaningful post
> >
> > But…how? How did bloom, in any way, effect gameplay?
>
> Well it’s just unnecessary for one, and secondly when you double tap Y after a reload you can shoot before the bloom goes back down. I for one am someone who double taps Y after reloads a lot and I didn’t like in Reach when it effected my accuracy.

Well, I guess everyone has their comforts. I myself can’t say I’m not happy about there being any bloom on the sniper.

There wasn’t actual bloom on it in Reach, it was only aesthetic. It reset before you could even lick off another bullet.

Still, I’m glad to see bloom is 90% gone and toned down a lot on the weapons it did return on.

Happy Happy Happy Happy

Even if it was just visible Bloom

Did no one else have the problem with double tapping Y like I did? Or did everyone just let the animation finish?

> > > Implying that it actually made a difference.
> >
> > Well it does…
> >
> > Thanks for the meaningful post
>
> But…how? How did bloom, in any way, effect gameplay with the sniper rifle?

Bloom makes the sniper inaccurate when doing YY no/quick-scopes. It does affect the accuracy of the Reach sniper.

In a video I saw, it bloomed when not zoomed in. and frankly it’s never had bloom, I don’t know why people complain about it.

They could experiment and make the Sniper have no bloom when zoomed in, and a large amount of bloom when not zoomed it. It could balance the effectiveness of the Sniper at close range.

Why would it matter? The bloom on the Reach sniper was purely indicative of fire rate, all cosmetic. It makes no difference.

> Why would it matter? The bloom on the Reach sniper was purely indicative of fire rate, all cosmetic. It makes no difference.

People should really read all the posts before they say it doesn’t make a difference

> Bloom makes the sniper inaccurate when doing YY no/quick-scopes. It does affect the accuracy of the Reach sniper.

This. Good it’s gone, at least, in this build it is…

Maybe bloom is customizable in game options? I also see some AA-less gametypes in that video.