Thank You 343i

Let me preface by saying this: Let this one little forum post stay positive. Please. Haters of 343, you’re entitled to your opinion, but you have had 99+% of the internet on your side for over 2 years. You can and probably have posted anywhere there, so there’s no need to do it here. Everybody’s heard you loud and clear don’t worry. If you don’t have anything positive to say, then just ignore this post and move on. Also, don’t accuse me of being some 343 d**k sucker who would let them get away with murder. I will be first in line to admit that they (and their games), like all game developers (and their games), have flaws.

Anyways if you’re still here I wanted to express my gratitude to 343 to shed a minuscule amount of positivity in the currently depressed Halo community. Thank you 343 for your community involvement. It’s very rare these days to get more than a weekly blog post from most developers. 343 does this and much more with their tournaments, implementation of fan made modes and maps into the game, and much more. It’s just very heartwarming to see a developer listen to the community and try to implement a lot of the ideas from them into the game, even down to little stuff like weapon tuning. I’d provide examples of other studios who don’t listen to the fans like 343 but again I’m trying to keep this post as hate free as possible, so I won’t.

Thank you for keeping Halo alive after Bungie left. I’m not going to state my defenses for 343’s Halo games because I know it won’t change anyone’s opinion, so why bother? Still I personally love all the games 343 has released just as much as I love Bungie’s Halos. Thank you for expanding the lore as well. I think I’ve finally read all the novels and greatly enjoyed each one of them.

Thanks for reading and if you have anything positive about 343 to say feel free to leave a response! Again, I ask for no hate comments as you can find them pretty much anywhere else on the Halo-related internet, so just go there please!

I have an little advice:Swearing is not so well recived in posts.

Except for that,I can agree,343 is not flawless,but they try their best.

> 2535408730995228;2:
> I have an little advice:Swearing is not so well recived in posts.
>
> Except for that,I can agree,343 is not flawless,but they try their best.

Thanks for the advice! I figured it wouldn’t be well received which is why I marked part of it out but I’ll try to avoid that in the future. Also, thanks for the response! Glad to see some people still love Halo around here.

Well, 343 is trying, thats more than I can say about Bunje
cough destiny 2 cough

343 is, hands-down, one of the best gaming studios out there right now. This is an indisputable fact.

> 2535416010022389;4:
> Well, 343 is trying, thats more than I can say about Bunje
> cough destiny 2 cough

I know I said I was trying to avoid hate but Destiny 2 deserves it… the only game I’ve played that actually made me ban future installments and expansions in the franchise.

> 2625759425622793;5:
> 343 is, hands-down, one of the best gaming studios out there right now. This is an indisputable fact.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one with this opinion! Thanks for the reply!

> 2535416010022389;4:
> Well, 343 is trying, thats more than I can say about Bunje
> cough destiny 2 cough

This.

I like 343i’s games, but they have their missteps.

I mean, H4 has the best campaign story imo, and H5 probably had the worst, so there’s good and bad.

Thank you for not making this the most sarcastic thing ever. Seriously, I know that so many people will call you a rider for this but at least you’ve shed some positivity.

343 may have screwed up pretty badly with Halo 5, but they are nowhere near as bad or “money-hungry” as a lot of people make them out to be. Maybe I’m a little biased because Halo 4 is my favorite, but still, I’m glad to see some people at least embracing the positives they’ve introduced.

Also, this is a bit unrelated, but I don’t necessarily like to keep comparing 343 and Bungie - in fact, I prefer to just ignore the fact that they are different companies. 99% of the time that turns a would-be civil discussion about what games had enjoyable elements, etc. into a heated debate about everything except the actual games.

I do thank them for keeping halo alive. There’s a lot of things they did and didnt do that makes me hate them a bit. But if they werent there, halo is dead. So yeah, Thank you 343i!
And i’m sorry if i keep hating some of your creations in other threads.

> 2535425643606121;11:
> I do thank them for keeping halo alive. There’s a lot of things they did and didnt do that makes me hate them a bit. But if they werent there, halo is dead. So yeah, Thank you 343i!
> And i’m sorry if i keep hating some of your creations in other threads.

I have to agree with you but a couple great things have came from them like halo wars 2 , the halo 5 wasp ,the fun reqs weapon and vehicles ( not the req system) . There is more that I did mention

I was just talking about one of my coworkers about this the other day. While they do have their faults, I personally love what 343 is doing with Halo. They seem to really have their hearts in the game.

> 2535408720103530;12:
> > 2535425643606121;11:
> > I do thank them for keeping halo alive. There’s a lot of things they did and didnt do that makes me hate them a bit. But if they werent there, halo is dead. So yeah, Thank you 343i!
> > And i’m sorry if i keep hating some of your creations in other threads.
>
> I have to agree with you but a couple great things have came from them like halo wars 2 , the halo 5 wasp ,the fun reqs weapon and vehicles ( not the req system) . There is more that I did mention

I do like those creations. Weapons, Vehicles and the Characters. I’d rather not mention the creations i hate in this thread. Respect OP.

> 2535425643606121;14:
> I do like those creations. Weapons, Vehicles and the Characters. I’d rather not mention the creations i hate in this thread. Respect OP.

Greatly appreciated!

I’m glad Halo is still going and though I’m not a super big lore guy (though I do like it) I’m glad they have expanded and continue it (I just wish they wouldn’t make there games assuming people have read all the books or know all the lore though) and though I prefer Halo in FPS format, I do think it’s neat seeing Halo venture into other other styles of games too (like Halo wars)

I’ve definitely had my beefs with 343I, nor do I like or even understand for that matter, many of there choices but that doesn’t mean I hate them or anything. I would go as far as at least half maybe even 3/4 of the people who criticize things feel the same way.

Remember, just because someone expresses there disliked for this or that, doesn’t mean they hate 343I, Halo or whatever. On the contrary, one could argue that they are just passionate and really care about Halo because they’re trying to help and make it better.

It was criticism, along with constructive feedback, that got things like Oddball, Firefight (maybe not the one we really would like lol but still…) Clear Ranked and Soical playlists, a ranking system and equal starts back, let’s not forget :slight_smile:

With 343 I did enjoy the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary edition, it even kinda supported 3D TVs back when that was a fad. I did not like Halo 4 (to clarify the graphics were/are amazing it was the MP aspect of the game), TMCC was a great concept and there is a lot that I can say, but will not because fans from day 1 of that release already know. Halo 5 was a needed upgrade to the MP side of things, with a few issues. The fact that they are consistently working on updates/patches shows they care about the product.

My only real pet pev with 343 halo is that halo 4 didn’t have a smooth transition from 3’s ending, and chief’s character being made more like the books rather then the games. (And the design of Forunner architecture)

Other wise that (and a few gameplay choices) I can tell they want to make a game that we will love. I honestly can say they’ve built up on the lore more then I thought was possible, and they’ve shown a lot of creative designs to match it.

They also interact with the community regularly (maybe not here as much, but definitely on twitter and the redit.)

So do I call myself a hater? No, but I do think that they could use a bit more tunning to get their halo games just right for everyone.

That’s really why I’m still here, because I can offer a certain point of view to help them find that sweet spot.

> 2533274815533909;16:
> I’m glad Halo is still going and though I’m not a super big lore guy (though I do like it) I’m glad they have expanded and continue it (I just wish they wouldn’t make there games assuming people have read all the books or know all the lore though) and though I prefer Halo in FPS format, I do think it’s neat seeing Halo venture into other other styles of games too (like Halo wars)
>
> I’ve definitely had my beefs with 343I, nor do I like or even understand for that matter, many of there choices but that doesn’t mean I hate them or anything. I would go as far as at least half maybe even 3/4 of the people who criticize things feel the same way.
>
> Remember, just because someone expresses there disliked for this or that, doesn’t mean they hate 343I, Halo or whatever. On the contrary, one could argue that they are just passionate and really care about Halo because they’re trying to help and make it better.
>
> It was criticism, along with constructive feedback, that got things like Oddball, Firefight (maybe not the one we really would like lol but still…) Clear Ranked and Soical playlists, a ranking system and equal starts back, let’s not forget :slight_smile:

I agree that constructive criticism is a good thing and I can understand not liking the style 343 took with their games even though I love it. I was talking about the trolls I’ve seen who call Halo 5 “The worst game ever” and 343 “The most evil company since EA” or something along those lines. That was what I was trying to prevent with my preface. Also with a lot of the comments I’ve seen it’s hard to tell whether they do like the game and are offering criticism to improve it or if they are needlessly hating. Again, I do support constructive criticism I was just trying to prevent the hate comments. Thanks for the reply!

They’ve definitely made a lot of mistakes, but they aren’t the halo hating, money hungry corporate devil many make them out to be. You can definetely see they just want the best for Halo and truly care about the franchise.