Thank you 343!

Hey bros,

Who’s watching the August development update? Personally, I’m happy with everything being said here - as a developer also I appreciate the challenges they are working through at this moment.

This transparency is what we all asked for! It’s too easy to be negative about certain things but at the end of they are focusing a core Halo experience - I’m excited for the badass multiplayer and a solid campaign story.

Who’s feeling they same? Hope to hear all your thoughts on the August update

I’m glad that they’re being transparent and that they’re not rushing things, but it is annoying that some of these features are getting delayed.

Make no mistake: Releasing the information that the game is only half-ready and what exactly will not be at launch was a tactical decision by 343.
They can now gauge the outcry (or lack thereof) of the community to determine whether or not delaying the game to finish all its features is worthwhile or not.
On top of that, they basically rid themselves of (most) responsibility: Regardless whether or not Infinite will be delayed or not, the respective part of the fanbase upset by the decision is going to blame the other part of the community for “forcing 343 to delay/not delay the game”, instead of 343 themselves for not being able to deliver a complete product in time. You can already see it on Waypoint with people at each other’s throats.

> 2533274840747673;2:
> I’m glad that they’re being transparent and that they’re not rushing things, but it is annoying that some of these features are getting delayed.

They better be delayed if they dont work properly. The game by itself is apparently fine, so why delay the full game for just 2 things???

The transparency alone is enough of a reason to appreciate this August update. I don’t think the larger Halo community understands and appreciates just how rare and quality 343’s transparency is. It isn’t like they told us forge and coop wouldn’t be available a week before launch. They didn’t pull a “gotcha!” with preorders. They even told you when to expect the delayed features to be available, and it really isn’t that long of a wait. Also, people don’t understand just how much work and time it took 343 to make a brand new engine, and make the first game on that brand new engine. That combined with covid keeping people out of the offices for what is essentially half of the games development window, presented an unprecedented challenge for 343, and I think they have busted their butts to get this game into a good and polished state. I have nothing but respect for the work they have done, the monthly blogs and videos, and the overall transparency. Despite the missing features, I simply cannot wait to play Infinite in a few months, and I have no doubt that I and my friends will have a great time.

I have already mentioned this. And, I will say it again. I am okay with Co-op Campaign levels and Forge not coming out on Halo Infinite launch. Personally I want Joseph Staten, Bonnie Ross and their team at 343 Industries to take their time planning to release Co-op Campaign levels and Forge in future Halo Infinite updates. I don’t want to see the Halo Infinite Co-op Campaign levels and Forge that are halfway finished especially when it comes to bugs and glitches.

> 2533274802341352;5:
> The transparency alone is enough of a reason to appreciate this August update. I don’t think the larger Halo community understands and appreciates just how rare and quality 343’s transparency is. It isn’t like they told us forge and coop wouldn’t be available a week before launch. They didn’t pull a “gotcha!” with preorders. They even told you when to expect the delayed features to be available, and it really isn’t that long of a wait. Also, people don’t understand just how much work and time it took 343 to make a brand new engine, and make the first game on that brand new engine. That combined with covid keeping people out of the offices for what is essentially half of the games development window, presented an unprecedented challenge for 343, and I think they have busted their butts to get this game into a good and polished state. I have nothing but respect for the work they have done, the monthly blogs and videos, and the overall transparency. Despite the missing features, I simply cannot wait to play Infinite in a few months, and I have no doubt that I and my friends will have a great time.

thank you finally some people with level heads most of the talks ive been in have been with people who think the game needs to be delayed again over this