Thank you 343 - Vehicle FF gone

At last, friendly fire against vehicles will be removed in the upcoming TU: source
> Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage / EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.
This has been long awaited. I found it most annoying when I was trying to get the Mantis Stomp achievement on Shatter and people would damage it because I got to it first. I now have the achievement, but I’m glad newcomers to the game won’t have that problem anymore.
Thanks 343/Bravo for fixing it, it’s much appreciated :slight_smile:

No more butthurt little kids thinking that the vehicle I’m in has their name on it.

Also no more idiots sticking my Gauss Hog on Exile because they didn’t get to it first, therefore crippling the team.

Hopefully true but hopefully means ‘friendly’ plasma pistols are useless since there just as bad as friendly fire.

This is even bigger problem in Spartan Ops. Glad it will go!

> Hopefully true but hopefully means ‘friendly’ plasma pistols are useless since there just as bad as friendly fire.

It says friendly EMPs will be disabled as well, doesn’t that mean the charged shot from plasma pistols?

> This is even bigger problem in Spartan Ops. Glad it will go!

I assumed it was referring to Matchmaking only, but you’re right - if they can extend it to Spartan OPs as well that would be great.

> > Hopefully true but hopefully means ‘friendly’ plasma pistols are useless since there just as bad as friendly fire.
>
> It says friendly EMPs will be disabled as well, doesn’t that mean the charged shot from plasma pistols?

Correct. Allies can’t do -Yoink!- to your vehicles any more. Which is a good thing.

> > > Hopefully true but hopefully means ‘friendly’ plasma pistols are useless since there just as bad as friendly fire.
> >
> > It says friendly EMPs will be disabled as well, doesn’t that mean the charged shot from plasma pistols?
>
> Correct. Allies can’t do -Yoink!- to your vehicles any more. Which is a good thing.

We’ll find out eventually since it’s not first time Bs Angel has mislead us. Also I believe she was refering to the EMP grenade…

> > > > Hopefully true but hopefully means ‘friendly’ plasma pistols are useless since there just as bad as friendly fire.
> > >
> > > It says friendly EMPs will be disabled as well, doesn’t that mean the charged shot from plasma pistols?
> >
> > Correct. Allies can’t do -Yoink!- to your vehicles any more. Which is a good thing.
>
> We’ll find out eventually since it’s not first time Bs Angel has mislead us. Also I believe she was refering to the EMP grenade…

Leave bs angel alone!
Anyway, I believe it was Bravo who posted the bit in the bulletin regarding the TU.

A few more details on how it will work:

> > Just wondering if you could clear something up for me, Jess.
> >
> > Now what team mates can’t damage their team mates vehicles, will your team mates still be able to splatter you in Infinity settings?
>
> Yes, teammates can still harm you with their vehicles, but should they kill you, this will count as a betrayal against them, and may give the option to boot depending on their prior behavior.

Source: MM Systems Team

So we can now get past the first 20 seconds of the game in a vehicle.

> This is even bigger problem in Spartan Ops. Glad it will go!

Especially with clown smashing turreted weapons because they are butt hurt that they will not get the highest kill count…

Playing a mission where we need to protect that science equipment against waves of Prometheans on Legendary… Only to have a -Yoink- wreck the minigun…

Sad… and a waste of 10 minutes.