Thank system

I have decided I love you.

Had I heard it proposed I would have probably ranted on about how people would use it to support a point of view, without bothering to actually engage with the community/discussion and really question their own opinions. But having seen it in practice, while I am certain some do use it for that purpose, I think it actually encourages users to put more effort into their posting.

I also like the fact it has not been labelled a ‘like’ button. The ambiguity of a ‘Thank’ adds a bit of depth.

Curious what other people think of the feature? Does it just clutter the page and falsely add validity to arguments, or does it encourage you to put more effort into your posts and perk your mood when you see you’ve been thanked, enriching your involvement in the community by showing a person has read and enjoyed your post?

It shows an appreciation for an ideal, thought, time spent or perhaps even just a small bit of joy brought by the post despite not agreeing with the post in general. Not to be forgotten is a thankfulness for being helpful, which is always nice to receive =)

I say it’s pretty nice to get something in return for answering a question, even if it is just an internet number.

If there’s a long read, it encourages me to read it all if I see a bunch of thanks down the bottom. I think the amount of thanks you’ve given should be hidden from that thing on the right of every post, it clutters everything up a bit and is the reason I’ve never thanked anyone… :l I also think it clutters the posts also, I think it should just say this post has ‘x’ thanks and if you click on that, it shows a list of all the people that have thanked the user.

> If there’s a long read, it encourages me to read it all if I see a bunch of thanks down the bottom. I think the amount of thanks you’ve given should be hidden from that thing on the right of every post, it clutters everything up a bit and is the reason I’ve never thanked anyone… :l I also think it clutters the posts also, I think it should just say this post has ‘x’ thanks and if you click on that, it shows a list of all the people that have thanked the user.

The long stream of names is perhaps a little unnecessary and could be consealed and only revealed at the click of a dropdown arrow. But it doesn’t really bother me either way.

It makes me smile once i’m thanked :smiley:

I kinda like it, but I wish the the Thanks were categorized by date made, rather than how many you got in that post.

Makes it hard to find what was thanked at times. Which is SUPER annoying. :stuck_out_tongue:

The aspect I like most about the feature is that it saves me from posting “Thanks”. I am also surprised that it doesn’t get abused. I suppose that is because it doesn’t get factored into anything that I am aware of anyway.

I love how it’s a way to show your support for something without saying “This” or “I agree”

> I also think it clutters the posts also, I think it should just say this post has ‘x’ thanks and if you click on that, it shows a list of all the people that have thanked the user.

It can contribute to clutter sometimes, but when someone makes a really good post or thread and there’s just a ton of Thanks at the bottom… There’s a kind of prestige to that, I think…

If I were to step outside and see a guy walking down the sidewalk carrying a ten-foot-wide chocolate chip cookie over his back, I’d be pretty amazed. And when I occasionally see posts with gigantic lists of hundreds of Thanks at the bottom…

> If I were to step outside and see a guy walking down the sidewalk carrying a ten-foot-wide chocolate chip cookie over his back, I’d be pretty amazed. And when I occasionally see posts with gigantic lists of hundreds of Thanks at the bottom…

A cookie? Aren’t you an optimist? In the case of hundreds of thanks it is more likely comparable to accidentally walking into the middle or a riot. This is particularly true when you find an opposing post below with just as many, if not more, thanks.

I feel like it definitely reduces the amount of QFT posts.

The reason i feel grateful in life and am thankful of other’s is… People like you guys. For being who you are and touching the world with your presence. For being alive and reading this post. For giving me the chance to touch your life and fulfill my purpose to help others. You are the reason I live. Thank you.

:slight_smile:

Off to go help someone in need…

I like it, if only as an ego-booster.

I thank the system for using “thank” instead of “like”.

I love the thank system, too :slight_smile: