test out.

test out.

I never would have thought anyone would dis H2, on its pedestal and everything…

I think people complained about every Halo, they need to just calm down and wait til the game is out for the final verdict.

> 2533274812935863;2:
> I never would have thought anyone would dis H2, on its pedestal and everything…

It’s pretty much all I’ve ever seen people do, as long as I’ve been a Halo fan…

> 2535460843083983;4:
> > 2533274812935863;2:
> > I never would have thought anyone would dis H2, on its pedestal and everything…
>
>
> It’s pretty much all I’ve ever seen people do, as long as I’ve been a Halo fan…

Quite right. I’m surprised there wasn’t more complaints before H:CE came out, lol. This community seems to be built on negativity.

Every sequel gets it’s complaints, nothing new

While I agree 343 made some serious errors with Halo 4’s multiplayer, people will eventually hold that on a pedestal in comparison to Halo 5. They’ll probably say that they miss some elements of Halo 4 and look back at the game with rose-tinted glasses. It’s what always happens.

People on the forum absolutely hated Halo: Reach and saw it as a decline for the series, and now people think it’s perfect in comparison to Halo 4. I have no doubt people will do the same thing for Halo 4 at some point. It’s only because the newest games are fresh in our memory and there flaws are more apparent.

> 2533274929494620;7:
> While I agree 343 made some serious errors with Halo 4’s multiplayer, people will eventually hold that on a pedestal in comparison to Halo 5. They’ll probably say that they miss some elements of Halo 4 and look back at the game with rose-tinted glasses. It’s what always happens.
>
> People on the forum absolutely hated Halo: Reach and saw it as a decline for the series, and now people think it’s perfect in comparison to Halo 4. I have no doubt people will do the same thing for Halo 4 at some point. It’s only because the newest games are fresh in our memory and there flaws are more apparent.

At the same time, my rose-tinted glasses suck hard. I fell head over heels for Reach when I got it in 2010, and I still love it to death now. While Halo 4 has grown on me lately, Reach still has an edge for me. Infinity Slayer (for one reason or another) just completely kills any possibility of me enjoying Halo 4 long-term.

> 2533274827584261;1:
> archive.md - This site was literally dedicated to why Bungie ruined Halo by making Halo2. What’s happening now is similar.

accept its not halo 2 lasted until the next game… what did reach and four do?

Also this post is implaying that there isn’t always complainers for anything in life… There will always be those who complain… These are just more valid times to

> 2533274887613159;9:
> > 2533274827584261;1:
> > archive.md - This site was literally dedicated to why Bungie ruined Halo by making Halo2. What’s happening now is similar.
>
>
> accept its not halo 2 lasted until the next game… what did reach and four do?
>
> Also this post is implaying that there isn’t always complainers for anything in life… There will always be those who complain… These are just more valid times to

Everyone thinks their complaints are valid.

> 2533274906745123;10:
> > 2533274887613159;9:
> > > 2533274827584261;1:
> > > archive.md - This site was literally dedicated to why Bungie ruined Halo by making Halo2. What’s happening now is similar.
> >
> >
> > accept its not halo 2 lasted until the next game… what did reach and four do?
> >
> > Also this post is implaying that there isn’t always complainers for anything in life… There will always be those who complain… These are just more valid times to
>
>
> Everyone thinks their complaints are valid.

What i’m saying is that halo 4 and halo reach actually failed in player retention meaning that far more complained. As well as mcc which still doesn’t work six months after launch.

Well ya the concessions bungie had to make to get H2 to work online were pretty massive.

Bungie also patched and changed H2 A LOT post launch to make it way better. If they would have took the 343 approach of “everything we do is right, if you don’t like it leave” idk if H2 ever would have settled in as the classic MP game it is.

> 2533274929494620;7:
> While I agree 343 made some serious errors with Halo 4’s multiplayer, people will eventually hold that on a pedestal in comparison to Halo 5. They’ll probably say that they miss some elements of Halo 4 and look back at the game with rose-tinted glasses. It’s what always happens.
>
> People on the forum absolutely hated Halo: Reach and saw it as a decline for the series, and now people think it’s perfect in comparison to Halo 4. I have no doubt people will do the same thing for Halo 4 at some point. It’s only because the newest games are fresh in our memory and there flaws are more apparent.

Naw, H4 will forever be the worst Halo game.

> 2535438961934440;13:
> > 2533274929494620;7:
> > While I agree 343 made some serious errors with Halo 4’s multiplayer, people will eventually hold that on a pedestal in comparison to Halo 5. They’ll probably say that they miss some elements of Halo 4 and look back at the game with rose-tinted glasses. It’s what always happens.
> >
> > People on the forum absolutely hated Halo: Reach and saw it as a decline for the series, and now people think it’s perfect in comparison to Halo 4. I have no doubt people will do the same thing for Halo 4 at some point. It’s only because the newest games are fresh in our memory and there flaws are more apparent.
>
>
> Naw, H4 will forever be the worst Halo game.

its not even halo

> 2535438961934440;12:
> If they would have took the 343 approach of “everything we do is right, if you don’t like it leave” i

That sounds like a -Yoink- company. I’m glad they’re not in charge of Halo. 343industries has been proven to listen to fans and take feedback to heart, resulting in patches and fixes for the games they make.

> 2535438961934440;12:
> Well ya the concessions bungie had to make to get H2 to work online were pretty massive.
>
> Bungie also patched and changed H2 A LOT post launch to make it way better. If they would have took the 343 approach of “everything we do is right, if you don’t like it leave” idk if H2 ever would have settled in as the classic MP game it is.

All I can think of is how flooded the Bungie forums were with people ranting about how bad the Halo 3 Battle Rifle was, and Bungie saying something along the lines of “this is the Battle Rifle, it’s staying this way, suck it up”. And the moderators would bring down the “banhammer” for things like people questioning the direction they were taking Halo.

Basically, if you had an opinion that opposed Bungie’s, they would straight up lynch you. I’ll take 343, thanks.

People complained that 2 wasn’t as good as CE. People complained that 3 wasn’t as good as 2.

It’s actually kind of ironic. Go on the Call of Duty forums and a lot of it is the same.

Halo fans are complaining that Halo is turning into CoD, and CoD fans are complaining that it’s turning into Halo.

Maybe we should just swap games?

It’s in human nature to want to stay in our comfort zone, change is always difficult. The same can be said about Halo as a series, each game was and is met with some sort backlash, large or small. The subconscious fear of the unknown.

> 2533274810150284;16:
> > 2535438961934440;12:
> > Well ya the concessions bungie had to make to get H2 to work online were pretty massive.
> >
> > Bungie also patched and changed H2 A LOT post launch to make it way better. If they would have took the 343 approach of “everything we do is right, if you don’t like it leave” idk if H2 ever would have settled in as the classic MP game it is.
>
>
> All I can think of is how flooded the Bungie forums were with people ranting about how bad the Halo 3 Battle Rifle was, and Bungie saying something along the lines of “this is the Battle Rifle, it’s staying this way, suck it up”. And the moderators would bring down the “banhammer” for things like people questioning the direction they were taking Halo.
>
> Basically, if you had an opinion that opposed Bungie’s, they would straight up lynch you. I’ll take 343, thanks.

Pretty much this. After Halo 2, Bungie was pretty much “This is how it is, don’t like it? Leave.” Additionally, the Bungie Forums would have never put up with the amount of criticism, bashing, etc. that the people in this forum enjoy in extraneous amounts.

> 2533274798011936;15:
> > 2535438961934440;12:
> > If they would have took the 343 approach of “everything we do is right, if you don’t like it leave” i
>
>
> That sounds like a -Yoink- company. I’m glad they’re not in charge of Halo. 343industries has been proven to listen to fans and take feedback to heart, resulting in patches and fixes for the games they make.

Someone missed Josh Holmes’ most recent community involvement posts.

I think he posts what amounted to “don’t like it, don’t buy it” about 10 times.