test out.

test out.

You mean kinda like how it got stale when it was AR starts?

The Beta is stale because of a lack of map variety, weapon variety and game mode variety not because of BR starts

^ bingo

> 2533274832130936;2:
> You mean kinda like how it got stale when it was AR starts?
>
> The Beta is stale because of a lack of map variety, weapon variety and game mode variety not because of BR starts

I would have liked to see all the maps in the beta remain playable. Removing the original two maps for week two severely limited my interest, especially with Tegret being a god awful solo q map.

> 2533274832130936;2:
> You mean kinda like how it got stale when it was AR starts?
>
> The Beta is stale because of a lack of map variety, weapon variety and game mode variety not because of BR starts

I would have liked to see all the maps in the beta remain playable. Removing the original two maps for week two severely limited my interest, especially with Regret being a god awful solo q map.

I’ve enjoyed the Beta since it started and would have happily played the first two maps with AR starts than BR. Eden and Regret aren’t bad maps really, though I’ve notcied it’s just the game-types that my friends hate. The thing is, I’m a huge halo fan and have been playing since the beginning, my friends however are casuals and play Halo for the most part but aren’t really that competative. The thing I’ve noticed is that the few of my friends who do nothing but play BR starts slayer in custom games and drool over MLG seem to love BR starts while my more causal friends seem to hate it.

It’s the BR starts, not the maps, and we’ll see as soon as the new maps come in.

Sounds like you should learn a new strategy with br starts, but first learn how to shoot someone in the head with a br.

> 2533274827584261;6:
> I’ve enjoyed the Beta since it started and would have happily played the first two maps with AR starts than BR. Eden and Regret aren’t bad maps really, though I’ve notcied it’s just the game-types that my friends hate. The thing is, I’m a huge halo fan and have been playing since the beginning, my friends however are casuals and play Halo for the most part but aren’t really that competative. The thing I’ve noticed is that the few of my friends who do nothing but play BR starts slayer in custom games and drool over MLG seem to love BR starts while my more causal friends seem to hate it.
>
> It’s the BR starts, not the maps, and we’ll see as soon as the new maps come in.

Your friends hate BR starts because as you said your friends are causal players, there’s nothing wrong with this, but its the truth, you’ve said this

Their intrest will be limited in halo 5 no matter what weapon, they could spawn with sniper rifles that shot laser beams and wouldn’t be 100% interested in the beta…because they are casual players, players who will more than likely buy the game play it for a few months and then never touch it again

Again it’s not the BR starts, its the lack of maps 2 maps first week 2 another 2 maps which are remakes of the first two maps all on one game type

BR starts has nothing to do with it, and if it does then I believe you to be a hypocrite because AR starts were the entirety for the first week and you seem to think that is fine

Can you imagine how stale the game would be if it was AR starts all the time?
Or maybe that’s what you want because that’s what you prefer which means its down to a personal choice nothing other than that

> Can you imagine how stale the game would be if it was AR starts all the time?
> Or maybe that’s what you want because that’s what you prefer which means its down to a personal choice nothing other than that

It wouldn’t be stale with AR starts because you’re missing the entire point of AR starts, you think that the starting weapon is what is going to be used the entirety of the game when mot likely, people will pick up the BR and DMR based on their situation, with BR starts there is no reason to pick up any weapon other than the sniper and lights at some time. With AR starts, people actually pick up the SMG/DMR/BR/Sniper/Sword. The gameplay changes dramatically as people start the same, but because of their smarts, they end up controlling part of the map with weapons they’ve picked up.

> 2533274827584261;9:
> > Can you imagine how stale the game would be if it was AR starts all the time?
> > Or maybe that’s what you want because that’s what you prefer which means its down to a personal choice nothing other than that
>
>
> It wouldn’t be stale with AR starts because you’re missing the entire point of AR starts, you think that the starting weapon is what is going to be used the entirety of the game when mot likely, people will pick up the BR and DMR based on their situation, with BR starts there is no reason to pick up any weapon other than the sniper and lights at some time. With AR starts, people actually pick up the SMG/DMR/BR/Sniper/Sword. The gameplay changes dramatically as people start the same, but because of their smarts, they end up controlling part of the map with weapons they’ve picked up.

This. So much this.

See this is where we get this separation in the community. One side is upset that BR starts are breaking the game, others are upset that Sprint is breaking BR starts.

They are only like this because of sprint, it’s not just everyone wanting to out BR someone. It’s no one wanting to get out BR’d so they stand behind a corner and thrust around a corner and sprint away the second they are shot. This is why I don’t like playing Halo 5. And AR starts are just as bad, whatever team established top control or outside control first on Truth/Empire was winning the game just about every time. Once one team locked down the side of the map with the most BRs/DMRs the game was basically over unless someone on the other team makes a huge mistake.

> Sounds like you should learn a new strategy with br starts, but first learn how to shoot someone in the head with a br.

That excuse is getting old, I’ve clearly already stated that I’m above average with BR’s and have done great most of my games with a positives K/D, however, I’m no where near really really good players. I can out-BR most of the people I’ve played with, but I wouldn’t say all of them so no, I’m not amazing with the gun.

However that misses the point, I never said that BR starts are ruining the game or making it unfair etc etc, I said that it’s making the game BORING.

> whatever team established top control or outside control first on Truth/Empire was winning the game just about every time. Once one team locked down the side of the map with the most BRs/DMRs the game was basically over unless someone on the other team makes a huge mistake.

Last time I’ve checked, the new meaning of slayer is to “control the power weapons to dominate the enemy team.” This is supposed to happen if a team isn’t smart enough to work together or work independently to stop the enemy from controlling the map.

What’s sad s that no one fights for power weapons anymore. The hydra is near useless with BR starts, I was playing a game against people in the pro tier and the reason they lost was because grabbing the power weapons kept killing them

> 2533274827584261;9:
> > Can you imagine how stale the game would be if it was AR starts all the time?
> > Or maybe that’s what you want because that’s what you prefer which means its down to a personal choice nothing other than that
>
>
> It wouldn’t be stale with AR starts because you’re missing the entire point of AR starts, you think that the starting weapon is what is going to be used the entirety of the game when mot likely, people will pick up the BR and DMR based on their situation, with BR starts there is no reason to pick up any weapon other than the sniper and lights at some time. With AR starts, people actually pick up the SMG/DMR/BR/Sniper/Sword. The gameplay changes dramatically as people start the same, but because of their smarts, they end up controlling part of the map with weapons they’ve picked up.

I disagree…

If you are going to drop the AR out for a better weapon off spawn anyway, whats the point in spawning with the AR?

> What’s sad s that no one fights for power weapons anymore. The hydra is near useless with BR starts, I was playing a game against people in the pro tier and the reason they lost was because grabbing the power weapons kept killing them

Precisely the point I’ve been trying to make, the game isn’t unfair, it’s just boring now.

> 2533274832130936;15:
> > 2533274827584261;9:
> > > Can you imagine how stale the game would be if it was AR starts all the time?
> > > Or maybe that’s what you want because that’s what you prefer which means its down to a personal choice nothing other than that
> >
> >
> >
> > It wouldn’t be stale with AR starts because you’re missing the entire point of AR starts, you think that the starting weapon is what is going to be used the entirety of the game when mot likely, people will pick up the BR and DMR based on their situation, with BR starts there is no reason to pick up any weapon other than the sniper and lights at some time. With AR starts, people actually pick up the SMG/DMR/BR/Sniper/Sword. The gameplay changes dramatically as people start the same, but because of their smarts, they end up controlling part of the map with weapons they’ve picked up.
>
>
> I disagree…
>
> If you are going to drop the AR out for a better weapon off spawn anyway, whats the point in spawning with the AR?

To limit the amount of precision weapons being used at any given time.

> If you are going to drop the AR out for a better weapon off spawn anyway, whats the point in spawning with the AR?

If you’re going to start with BR’s every game, what’s the point of any weapon and make this a BR only game like it is?

> 2533274827584261;12:
> > Sounds like you should learn a new strategy with br starts, but first learn how to shoot someone in the head with a br.
>
>
> That excuse is getting old, I’ve clearly already stated that I’m above average with BR’s and have done great most of my games with a positives K/D, however, I’m no where near really really good players. I can out-BR most of the people I’ve played with, but I wouldn’t say all of them so no, I’m not amazing with the gun.
>
> However that misses the point, I never said that BR starts are ruining the game or making it unfair etc etc, I said that it’s making the game BORING.

Making the game boring how? The fact that new players or people that are not good with the br lose? This game has always been about precision weapons, not spray and pray to get kills. It has always been about the br since Halo 2 and the pistol in halo 1. If people don’t like it, they can do two things, get better or stop playing. 343 has done absolutely everything, other than take away the br, to cater to new players.

> 2533274833600810;17:
> > 2533274832130936;15:
> > > 2533274827584261;9:
> > > > Can you imagine how stale the game would be if it was AR starts all the time?
> > > > Or maybe that’s what you want because that’s what you prefer which means its down to a personal choice nothing other than that
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > It wouldn’t be stale with AR starts because you’re missing the entire point of AR starts, you think that the starting weapon is what is going to be used the entirety of the game when mot likely, people will pick up the BR and DMR based on their situation, with BR starts there is no reason to pick up any weapon other than the sniper and lights at some time. With AR starts, people actually pick up the SMG/DMR/BR/Sniper/Sword. The gameplay changes dramatically as people start the same, but because of their smarts, they end up controlling part of the map with weapons they’ve picked up.
> >
> >
> >
> > I disagree…
> >
> > If you are going to drop the AR out for a better weapon off spawn anyway, whats the point in spawning with the AR?
>
>
> To limit the amount of precision weapons being used at any given time.

I would really like to know why there are some people who view precision weapons as a bad thing

I don’t understand it what so ever

Also, how is it limiting precision weapons at any given time

You know what the first thing my team does off AR starts?

Grab BR/DMR

Its the very first thing we do…and if the other team wasn’t smart enough to do the same then sweet zombie jesus help them because we are going to light them up

So really, the only people you’ve stopped form having precision weapons are yourselves and thusly putting yourselves into a very bad situation