Test Done.

So, I decided to do a test.

I wanted to see how fast a thread that talked about Call of Duty would blow up versus a thread with actual innovating idea’s. If you don’t know which threads I am talking about, they are still on the front page.

===================================

(CoD Topic):
Well, my friends, I have bad news…

(Innovative Halo Ideas)
Becoming your Spartan

===================================

So get this, a topic with innovative and imaginative idea’s got 35 replies in all within them from members and myself, and triple the views. <mark>THIS IS OVER THE PERIOD OF AN ENTIRE WEEK.</mark>

And now, a topic that speaks about CoD or complains about something in any way, shape, or form, such as the first thread above, got 35 replies from the members and myself <mark>in the course of half an hour</mark>, and over 200+ views and counting.

So, I get a lot of replies saying ‘I don’t care’ and ‘Does this matter?’ in the CoD topic.

I don’t know members, you tell me.

Statistically speaking it appears you care much more about threads that complain or talk about CoD rather than a thread with actual innovative idea’s and topics for discussion and debate.

I wanted to start this thread as a bit of an eye opener of how thread’s about the 'Controller Scheme being blown up and re-made over and over are completely overdone and just clutter the forum with repeat information, causing much more innovative, fun, and interesting thread’s to drop into the land of nevermore.

Betcha didn’t know there was this sweet thread with multiplayer armor in different colors did you? (Such as Recruit and Fotus)

Betcha didn’t know there were fun hopes and multiplayer idea’s posted here and there did you?

Nope.

Everybody focuses too much on threads and forums in which there are complaints or whines of change or nostalgia, wanting their own piece in the action of the thread to drive home their point and argument rather than give off ideas or praise other’s for their idea’s and thrown in idea’s of their own, allowing such fun topics to have been made for almost nothing.

So I say this to hopefully help our community and forum a little…

If you see a topic about a point you like, dislike, agree or disagree with, don’t go driving your point out there by making a whole new thread or another thread of the same thing, just respond to that thread, let that grow like the Sangheilli thread did when the lovers of Elite’s were petitioning and complaining about no Elites being in Halo 4’s Multiplayer. (AND THAT GOT 100+ PAGES, HOT DAMN!)

This way, everyone can get a chance to argue their point while also enjoying the fun and innovative topics rather than missing them and never seeing them at all.

What do you guys think? Discuss, Comment, Debate.

<mark>Also, no flamer’s please, this is a friendly topic meant to be debated and discussed, not meant for trolling and insults.</mark>

So you make another Topic to point the fact your topic wasn’t view that much in hope it can be viewed more? Don’t you feel wrong doing that? Are you craving for attention?

Well congrat’s I am here :o)

More seriously. Flame/Complaint topic are just more entertaining for people than fantasm about “they should do that” most of the time -except if the “they should do that” topic is also part of a complain about the existing thing-

The ironic thing is that your post doesn’t really do anything to further any relevant discussion on the game itself either. I screen these forums like I screen my phone… I look at what I want… I rarely even add a comment, for I’m actually here just to see if there have been any new information released while I have been away from the interwebs for a while - sometimes days. Why are you up in arms about who posts about what, and making ‘tests’?.. Seems a bit odd… lawl

Are you a social engineer in training or what?

> <mark>So you make another Topic to point the fact your topic wasn’t view that much in hope it can be viewed more? Don’t you feel wrong doing that? Are you craving for attention?</mark>
> <mark>Well congrat’s I am here :o)</mark>
>
>
>
>
> More seriously. Flame/Complaint topic are just more entertaining for people than fantasm about “they should do that” most of the time -except if the “they should do that” topic is also part of a complain about the existing thing-

LOL!

hugs OH THANK YOU FOR THE ATTENTIONZ, I FELT SO RONRY ;_;

XDDD

But on a more serious note, I agree that flame/complaint topic’s are more entertaining, hell I’ve posted in quite a few and got in many a debate with people on them…but at the same time, isn’t that the reason why the CoD Community is so horrible? Because they flame, they hate, they fight, they t-bag, they promote superiority, etc?

Wouldn’t that make us no better than them with how often we get into it?

Again, just an eye-opener for the community to see.

> The ironic thing is that your post doesn’t really do anything to further any relevant discussion on the game itself either. I screen these forums like I screen my phone… I look at what I want… I rarely even add a comment, for I’m actually here just to see if there have been any new information released while I have been away from the interwebs for a while - sometimes days. Why are you up in arms about who posts about what, and making ‘tests’?.. Seems a bit odd… lawl
>
> Are you a social engineer in training or what?

slides 343 Social Engineer/Fanbase Study badge into shirt >.> NO,no…not in the slightest…no…cough

Further, go read my Becoming a Spartan topic if you want discussion on the game and innovation, this is here just to open the eyes of the community as to what they are falling to.

And further, your entitled to look at what you want, it’s your right as a person. And I’m practically in the same boat, I don’t usually post unless it’s cool idea’s, most of the time I just look for new Halo 4 info and post then and there, then get into cool discussions with members for the hell of it.

Then drop off the grid again for a while whilst I work.

But while I am on my days off, thought I would touch bases on a couple things with this thread, the CoD one being for the sake of discussion and study, as well as to break the monotony of ‘Controller Scheme’ topics.

As much as this points out to the forum, will anything change?

CoD forums still have the same level of elitism as it always had, so does the Flood at Bungie and following other examples, this place won’t change either. But as with all the examples I’ve mentioned, there is a thread every so often that is innovative or contains constructive criticism, and you just did that with the forum community here.

Nice statistics and stuff, but I’m afraid it’ll never change.

> As much as this points out to the forum, will anything change?
>
> CoD forums still have the same level of elitism as it always had, so does the Flood at Bungie and following other examples, this place won’t change either. But as with all the examples I’ve mentioned, there is a thread every so often that is innovative or contains constructive criticism, and you just did that with the forum community here.
>
> Nice statistics and stuff, but I’m afraid it’ll never change.

That’s a given, but sometimes I like to have a little hope in our wonderful community.

It always makes me smile to see people get psyched and talk about ideas and innovation when new info comes out or when someone makes a really awesome topic.

It’s just a little heart-warming and makes me feel that our community of gamers is just that much more closer knit than others :slight_smile:

I actually did read your post on becoming a spartan before this one… don’t assume too much :stuck_out_tongue:

Not only are flame threads not more entertaining, but this thread itself has literally nothing to do with Halo 4.

Homie don’t play that.

Why should we care?

Theres a bunch of people who complain about other games being better. They need to understand that Halo’s community should be a role model, not a bunch of biased tards.

And then there are the ideas - ideas which probably can’t be implemented now.