terrible sound design

Gamellay look good, but the sound design was so terrible. Melee literally sounds like the recorded legos smacking on legos. Hopefully this is just placeholder.

> 2533274827212001;1:
> Gamellay look good, but the sound design was so terrible. Melee literally sounds like the recorded legos smacking on legos. Hopefully this is just placeholder.

Are you joking? The sound design is absolutely amazing.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533274827212001;1:
> > Gamellay look good, but the sound design was so terrible. Melee literally sounds like the recorded legos smacking on legos. Hopefully this is just placeholder.
>
> Are you joking? The sound design is absolutely amazing.

It sounds more like call of duty than halo. I don’t know how they thought melee and the hammer sound was even alright to show off.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533274827212001;1:
> > Gamellay look good, but the sound design was so terrible. Melee literally sounds like the recorded legos smacking on legos. Hopefully this is just placeholder.
>
> Are you joking? The sound design is absolutely amazing.

That melee sound was so weak with absolutely no impact. I have no idea what you heard. Hopefully that was just a pre-release placeholder.

> 2533274813513633;4:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > 2533274827212001;1:
> > > Gamellay look good, but the sound design was so terrible. Melee literally sounds like the recorded legos smacking on legos. Hopefully this is just placeholder.
> >
> > Are you joking? The sound design is absolutely amazing.
>
> That melee sound was so weak with absolutely no impact. I have no idea what you heard. Hopefully that was just a pre-release placeholder.

Yeah I hope its just a placeholder

> 2533274827212001;3:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > 2533274827212001;1:
> > > Gamellay look good, but the sound design was so terrible. Melee literally sounds like the recorded legos smacking on legos. Hopefully this is just placeholder.
> >
> > Are you joking? The sound design is absolutely amazing.
>
> It sounds more like call of duty than halo. I don’t know how they thought melee and the hammer sound was even alright to show off.

I disagree, sounds nothing like call of duty. It does however sound like Halo.

Ehh i didnt hear anything negative yet. Im scared for Covenant weapons. Plasma Pistol sounds absolutly horrible in Halo 5…soooo im waiting for that.

BR sounds juicy.

As with past games, I still dislike the sound of the gravity hammer. To me, it should shake the earth and herald the world coming to an end.

> 2533274890331729;7:
> Ehh i didnt hear anything negative yet. Im scared for Covenant weapons. Plasma Pistol sounds absolutly horrible in Halo 5…soooo im waiting for that.
>
> BR sounds juicy.

BR sounds so impactful.

> 2533274800521306;6:
> > 2533274827212001;3:
> > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > 2533274827212001;1:
> > > > Gamellay look good, but the sound design was so terrible. Melee literally sounds like the recorded legos smacking on legos. Hopefully this is just placeholder.
> > >
> > > Are you joking? The sound design is absolutely amazing.
> >
> > It sounds more like call of duty than halo. I don’t know how they thought melee and the hammer sound was even alright to show off.
>
> I disagree, sounds nothing like call of duty. It does however sound like Halo.

It’s totally missing the halo identity

I think overall, the sound is good. But there are small nitpicks I have - one major one that is sticking out to me is the “click” noise that happens when you kill someone. That seems to have carried over from H5, and I am not a big fan of it. It feels like a tad bit too much. We get visual cues with Shields popping AND a red X when we kill someone in the crosshair and then there is this death click sound thrown on top of it. Just feels like a lot when I can visually see that I just killed that spartan. I know it’s nit-picky. I can see the OP’s point tho, sterile is how I would describe it.

BR sounds chunky, but there are some small things that feel off. Gravity Hammer and melee being two that I have seen other say. I know its not final, so reserving final judgement for the release version.

> 2533274793137885;11:
> I think overall, the sound is good. But there are small nitpicks I have - one major one that is sticking out to me is the “click” noise that happens when you kill someone. That seems to have carried over from H5, and I am not a big fan of it. It feels like a tad bit too much. We get visual cues with Shields popping AND a red X when we kill someone in the crosshair and then there is this death click sound thrown on top of it. Just feels like a lot when I can visually see that I just killed that spartan. I know it’s nit-picky. I can see the OP’s point tho, sterile is how I would describe it.
>
> BR sounds chunky, but there are some small things that feel off. Gravity Hammer and melee being two that I have seen other say. I know its not final, so reserving final judgement for the release version.

I hate to nitpick, but all I can think is, how did some of these sounds get released to the public? Who is paid to pick these sounds?
<p></p>

They removed all the squeaky hit marker sound effects from H5 so it sounds way better now :slight_smile:

> 2629110318197767;13:
> They removed all the squeaky hit marker sound effects from H5 so it sounds way better now :slight_smile:

They didn’t remove them at least not them all. Listen to the melee, hammer, and some of the guns.

> 2533274827212001;14:
> > 2629110318197767;13:
> > They removed all the squeaky hit marker sound effects from H5 so it sounds way better now :slight_smile:
>
> They didn’t remove them at least not them all. Listen to the melee, hammer, and some of the guns.

You may be right. That would be terrible. I never completed a single H5 mission nor match because of its offensive high-pitched hit marker sounds.

some of the sounds from the gameplay are most likely temporary and i’m sure will be replaced with more meaningful ones once we receive the finished and polished product.

Some were good, some were off. Like others said, let’s hope it’s just placeholders.

> 2535460761663568;16:
> some of the sounds from the gameplay are most likely temporary and i’m sure will be replaced with more meaningful ones once we receive the finished and polished product.

We can only hope they’re place holders, but worse case scenario is they aren’t.

It’s because the game is rated T instead of M now. Let’s be real. 343 i. does not want to scare away all the kiddies with some meaty, punchy sound design.

Honestly it is hard to judge the audio quality since the trailers were filled with loud music and voiceovers. It does not represent the actual sound of the game. We just have to wait and see real gameplay to have an opinion on that.