Terrain Effects?

Something to think about for future development: perhaps terrain effects (storms/quakes/bombardment damage, etc.) could come into play to help/hinder players in Multiplayer (maybe campaign?). Might add a layer of unpredictability and help turn the tide for a losing player. In the Beta, after losing a certain amount of ground and/or points, there’s tactically no way to win.

Just a thought for consideration.

I’m torn on this because I can see how cool it would be and something to adapt to but then I wonder if the randomness creates a less competitive environment

> 2533274859436467;2:
> I’m torn on this because I can see how cool it would be and something to adapt to but then I wonder if the randomness creates a less competitive environment

if anything i think it would be more competitive. it makes you have to adapt on the fly

> 2533274884116647;3:
> > 2533274859436467;2:
> > I’m torn on this because I can see how cool it would be and something to adapt to but then I wonder if the randomness creates a less competitive environment
>
>
> if anything i think it would be more competitive. it makes you have to adapt on the fly

Sounds good on paper but look at halo 4 how the different armor abilities made for inconsistent random combat engages

> 2533274859436467;4:
> > 2533274884116647;3:
> > > 2533274859436467;2:
> > > I’m torn on this because I can see how cool it would be and something to adapt to but then I wonder if the randomness creates a less competitive environment
> >
> >
> > if anything i think it would be more competitive. it makes you have to adapt on the fly
>
>
> Sounds good on paper but look at halo 4 how the different armor abilities made for inconsistent random combat engages

yea but i liked the fact that i had to adapt like that

Expected something else from the thread title, but sounds like a nice idea. Back in the Tiberium Series it was allways fun if you got hit midfight from an ion storm and you tanks were out of order for a minute or so.

What came to my mind the second i had read: “Terrain effects”, all Maps we have seen so far are more less flat. How about adding some forests which can only be used by infantry and serves as hiding ground (to balance that out would increase the level of nerf infantry needs currently)

Sicsche:

This is certainly true (flat maps), there doesn’t seem to be a lot of advantage to having ‘high’ ground, especially considering you can get pretty obliterated by someone who uses nothing but air units. Another thing to consider for the final product.

Thanks for your reply…