Terrain Editor in forge

Anyone wanna see a full fledged terrain editor instead of the small-large objects we used in H5, like a grow and shrink. Tree adder and rock adder/manipulator. I am interested to see how many other people agree

Similar to Far Cry, and then some. I’ve been wanting this for a long time and I don’t think it will be too far-fetched for the developers to amp up the next Forge.

That would be great, would make forge maps feel more real. I think with the new engine we’re gonna see some cool things with forge.

I made a wishlist for Hi not too long ago. There is plenty I would love to see for Forge 4.0 and terrain editors is certainly one of it! If I may quote myself:

> Forge:
>
> - IT WORKS OFFLINE! :relaxed: - H5 as base inspiration - Better UI navigation - At least 12pt Fonts on screen (or let us change font size) - New tools like mirror and grid lock - AI in custom modes - Animation paths for props and AI - Automatic torrets - Poses for AI and NPCs - Custom sound effects via mic - Interactive pieces like doors, windows, light, gravs and bridges - Enhanced coding - 4 player split screen forging and 8 players online or lan - Flat landscapes, land can be deactivated, land creation and sculpting tool - Flowing water FX [Resolved Reaper] - Interchangeable skyboxes - Map and mode combination for simplicity in sharing - Custom browser and custom matchmaking - Personalized loadouts (limited to Forge and Invasion) - Stuckable SA and power-ups - Full control over damage output, weapon stats and splatter damage

Me and my friends were talking about how they should add terrain editing tools and AI to forge. It would also be cool if you could make missions and then create custom campaigns out of them.

343 should add a map modifier just so you can create maps out of the boundary, just like ElDewrito

> 2535466375927560;1:
> Anyone wanna see a full fledged terrain editor instead of the small-large objects we used in H5, like a grow and shrink. Tree adder and rock adder/manipulator. I am interested to see how many other people agree

So you mean a scale for scaling the object? sound like a dream come true and it would be interesting if we would be able to change the height, width, and length of the object we are holding. It would make it easier to use less objects on a map if people want a big map with a lot of detail and i would hope we would be able to edit the objects mass (as in weight) so we can make it as light as a feather or as heavy as a boulder so that if we want to weld it to a wasp or banshee the wight of the object doesn’t affect the parent object.

> 2533274795098161;4:
> I made a wishlist for Hi not too long ago. There is plenty I would love to see for Forge 4.0 and terrain editors is certainly one of it! If I may quote myself:
>
>
>
>
> > Forge: - IT WORKS OFFLINE! :relaxed: - H5 as base inspiration - Better UI navigation - At least 12pt Fonts on screen (or let us change font size) - New tools like mirror and grid lock - AI in custom modes - Animation paths for props and AI - Automatic torrets - Poses for AI and NPCs - Custom sound effects via mic - Interactive pieces like doors, windows, light, gravs and bridges - Enhanced coding - 4 player split screen forging and 8 players online or lan - Flat landscapes, land can be deactivated, land creation and sculpting tools - Interchangeable skyboxes - Map and mode combination for simplicity in sharing - Custom browser and custom matchmaking - Personalized loadouts (limited to Forge and Invasion) - Stuckable SA and power-ups - Full control over damage output, weapon stats and splatter damage.

That would be very interesting and i have a few wishes id like to add to that list although it’s a small but innovative change.

  • Option to choose between being able to build as a forge monitor or a sentinel
  • Flowing Water FX (basically actual water and it could be placed down like terrain but it’s almost like a decal)

> 2535435223911947;8:
> > 2533274795098161;4:
> > I made a wishlist for Hi not too long ago. There is plenty I would love to see for Forge 4.0 and terrain editors is certainly one of it! If I may quote myself:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > Forge: - IT WORKS OFFLINE! :relaxed: - H5 as base inspiration - Better UI navigation - At least 12pt Fonts on screen (or let us change font size) - New tools like mirror and grid lock - AI in custom modes - Animation paths for props and AI - Automatic torrets - Poses for AI and NPCs - Custom sound effects via mic - Interactive pieces like doors, windows, light, gravs and bridges - Enhanced coding - 4 player split screen forging and 8 players online or lan - Flat landscapes, land can be deactivated, land creation and sculpting tools - Interchangeable skyboxes - Map and mode combination for simplicity in sharing - Custom browser and custom matchmaking - Personalized loadouts (limited to Forge and Invasion) - Stuckable SA and power-ups - Full control over damage output, weapon stats and splatter damage.
>
> That would be very interesting and i have a few wishes id like to add to that list although it’s a small but innovative change.
> * Option to choose between being able to build as a forge monitor or a sentinel
> * Flowing Water FX (basically actual water and it could be placed down like terrain but it’s almost like a decal)

I really llove the water FX idea! Added! Sentinels would be cool to be playable as a class in a GoW3 like beast mode and not just flying forge bulb imho!

yes, this would be incredibly useful

> 2533274852901811;5:
> Me and my friends were talking about how they should add terrain editing tools and AI to forge. It would also be cool if you could make missions and then create custom campaigns out of them.

or could also make a firefight map. or, even better, a game mode where players must constantly protect a target (elephant or structure) from unending hordes of covenant.

Yes. I’d also like a Forge that enables players to create Campaign missions as well, that’s more of a PC thing though, I guess.

> 2533274852901811;5:
> Me and my friends were talking about how they should add terrain editing tools and AI to forge. It would also be cool if you could make missions and then create custom campaigns out of them.

Custom level designs and Forge AI would definitely make for some impressive machinima content.

That would be interesting; I mean, think of how creative you could be if you could manipulate the area around where you plan on building?

> 2533275013832713;2:
> Similar to Far Cry, and then some. I’ve been wanting this for a long time and I don’t think it will be too far-fetched for the developers to amp up the next Forge.

I have mentioned the Far Cry map maker before. I think it would make an excellent addition to forge. In fact, it’s the only map maker I ever used, a similar terrain editor in forge would get me forging, no doubt about that.

Oh yes please. A proper terrain editor would allow so bloody much to be added. I can’t even imagine all the possibilities.

> 2535466375927560;1:
> Anyone wanna see a full fledged terrain editor instead of the small-large objects we used in H5, like a grow and shrink. Tree adder and rock adder/manipulator. I am interested to see how many other people agree

Yes, I’d love to see this.