Terminus Firefight Patch Wishlist (add your own)

So, now that I know that Terminus Firefight isn’t forgotten, I’ve been thinking about all the things I really hope they tinker with when they do manage to push an update out for the game mode.

This post is for anyone that would like to list off the things that they feel need fixing/changed the MOST. Purely gameplay related wishlist to help Wrensi and the team know about whatever it is you’d like to be included in any future update.

My things?

NERF DIRECT AIR OH MY LORD ALMIGHTY!!

Ahem.

1. Sui grunt bugfix. Sure this has been mentioned plenty of times tho.

2. Stray air units bugging out and flying AROUND barricades and directly to the Terminus or first expo, despite a valid route being available (lots of pathfinding issues in general tho)

3. Direct air should be direct air. Perhaps this is just me, but personally I find it really frustrating when I see “direct air” pop up, I send all my Reavers to the Terminus, and then 6 banshees stop on their way to nuke my second expo while I defend the Terminus against 40 other banshees.

4. Make some changes to AI so that the tooltip that reads, “Enemies will not attack barricades unless there are no valid routes to the Terminus” is actually true. Right now, it isn’t. We have had to use workarounds to make funneling work consistently, and even with these workarounds (freezing enemies, stunning them, isabelle ulting them, rebuilding the barricades, etc…) enemies still sometimes manage to nuke the completely barricaded 2nd expos, at random.

5. colony shouldn’t be able to use Living Barrier on the unit exit of a teammates base. I trolled someone this way bc they were rank 1 and doing nothing but producing marines at wave 20. I shouldn’t be able to do that.

6. Add more augment types for bonus cores! Health bonuses are really cool. armor boost, or ability-adding cores would be interesting… but difficult.

7. Give banished players some way to garrison units without needing a UNSC player with them. Currently, having full-banished team comps feels like a major disadvantage because Hunters and other infantry are one-shot fodder in later waves and useless without some way to avoid enemy fire consistently.

8. Terminus-exclusive upgrades that become available by completing objectives? idk just a vague idea I had

9. A dedicated tutorial that tells new players more about how funneling works, how to optimize your army’s survivability in later waves, and stuff like that.

10. Change currently useless leader powers so that they have some use in terminus firefight. Cutter is not viable in the game mode as far as I know. Voridus and other leaders have useless passives like Combat Spoils or Fortifications.

11. Fix the outlines or whatever of vet/health packs so that they show where they actually are. Currently, I can walk a reaver over 6 vet packs for like 20 seconds and still not get him to vet 3 bc of how weird/misplaced the packs’ pickup radiuses are.

Custom Leader Wheels please.
Restriction being unable to have UNSC and Banished Powers in the same wheel.

> 2533274881158472;2:
> Custom Leader Wheels please.
> Restriction being unable to have UNSC and Banished Powers in the same wheel.

But that would take away from leaders being unique. And it would probably make things super easy. Cyro storm, Ghost in the machine, it would just be too easy having access to any leader power you want.

> 2533274823861984;3:
> > 2533274881158472;2:
> > Custom Leader Wheels please.
> > Restriction being unable to have UNSC and Banished Powers in the same wheel.
>
> But that would take away from leaders being unique. And it would probably make things super easy. Cyro storm, Ghost in the machine, it would just be too easy having access to any leader power you want.

I’d rather that than only having an Handful of Leaders being viable.

How about not putting Spartans in the 5th wave? Uber units and Banished heroes can be dealt with, but when those chaingun Spartans come and shred everything in their path almost instantly, then we have a problem. You’re always guaranteed to lose at least one spire in those rounds.

I agree with most of the other things you said, those should also be fixed.

Having the ability to choose what type of enemy faction you want to face in customs.

> 2535449076192416;5:
> How about not putting Spartans in the 5th wave? Uber units and Banished heroes can be dealt with, but when those chaingun Spartans come and shred everything in their path almost instantly, then we have a problem. You’re always guaranteed to lose at least one spire in those rounds.
>
> I agree with most of the other things you said, those should also be fixed.

Dude, so true! Chaingun Spartans nuke everything you have if you don’t get a vet 3 hero asap. It’s pretty stupid.

> 2533274881158472;2:
> Custom Leader Wheels please.
> Restriction being unable to have UNSC and Banished Powers in the same wheel.

Lol what if I have every upgrade to Kodiak’s in my power wheel including the one for Kinsano from the Yappening? Siege leaves behind cryo and napalm (lel wut?) and spawn sentinels. XDXD

I haven’t been playing for almost a year and just started again a few days ago. Firefight is new to me but I was surprised that I couldn’t use skulls. Has that been covered as to why it doesn’t? If there isn’t a reason, then that’s what I’d like to see.

Allow player units to go beyond veterancy 3.

And allow skulls to be used, and have them affect ONLY the player(s).

> 2533274792776027;10:
> Allow player units to go beyond veterancy 3.
>
> And allow skulls to be used, and have them affect ONLY the player(s).

I feel like this would be broken, as a vet 6 spartan vehicle can carry an entire 2nd expo til wave 60ish

I think Wrensi is working on new waves configurations.
So I got my wish!
But one thing I think we could use is: a way to make Terminus Firefight not take so long.

> 2535416010022389;12:
> But one thing I think we could use is: a way to make Terminus Firefight not take so long.

Please, I don’t want to play a game for an hour and a half only to lose and it all be for nothing. But I also mainly want some new maps, we’ve played the current map to death and we’ve already figured out the best strategies. I say adding in a map pack for 15$-20$ would be nice and would spice things up.

> 2535449076192416;5:
> How about not putting Spartans in the 5th wave? Uber units and Banished heroes can be dealt with, but when those chaingun Spartans come and shred everything in their path almost instantly, then we have a problem. You’re always guaranteed to lose at least one spire in those rounds.

I actually talked to Wrensi about this.
He said he’s working on it.

I agree with the common points raised - change direct air, offer more maps, decrease the time it takes and select the enemy type!

if it were being redesigned I’ll like more free form Defense placement, and increasing “tiers” - eg first 10 waves you only have tech 1 units, next 10, tech 2.

Alternate option would be where you only have finite units, and you have to hold drop zones to call in reinforcements. More of a push and pull than a “dig in and hold for an hour”

I’d like to see blitz variants in TFF, like a Lockdown Scorpion, Trooper hog, or Reactive Cyclops!

Also it would be cool to see other Hero units and DLC units like Kinsano’s Cyclops, Serina’s Ice cream truck, Frostravens, and Johnson’s Colossus!

Could there be some nerf to UNSC heavy air? Those monsters are scary late game. Direct air needs some kind of nerf. Kills the terminus too fast, and you can’t kill off the air fast enough. Alternatively, there’s been several instances where cloaking the terminus with nightingales doesn’t work, and the enemies still shoot it. If you could make the cloaking consistent, I could respect leaving direct air alone, as it’s at least stoppable with cloaking. Lastly, if you could do something about the game crashing, that’d be great. Lost several games at wave 80+ due to game crashes.

Flood only mode and 3 player search only option for matchmaking