Terminals

can we have the terminals in game and not have to go to halo channel to watch them? That was very annoying and I don’t see why terminals can’t be watched in game.

You forgot the pls.

There’s upsides and downsides to both - including videos on disc increases the space needed for each terminal video. The better quality you want included, the larger the filesize of the video will be and take up more space. Adding them to the Halo Channel means less space on disc used up, but you need decent bandwidth to stream at the highest quality. Personal preference, I’m more of a fan of the Halo Channel method. Means more space on disc for other things, less space taken up on my drive if I go digital.

> 2533274813317074;3:
> There’s upsides and downsides to both - including videos on disc increases the space needed for each terminal video. The better quality you want included, the larger the filesize of the video will be and take up more space. Adding them to the Halo Channel means less space on disc used up, but you need decent bandwidth to stream at the highest quality. Personal preference, I’m more of a fan of the Halo Channel method. Means more space on disc for other things, less space taken up on my drive if I go digital.

i agree with this, i want the convenience of having them ingame, but not at the cost of content/features that need the disc space used by a dozen or more 1080p60fps videos. maybe we could have the option like in ODST to watch now or ‘download’ the audio files but instead either just go to Hchannel now or watch later

> 2533274813317074;3:
> There’s upsides and downsides to both - including videos on disc increases the space needed for each terminal video. The better quality you want included, the larger the filesize of the video will be and take up more space. Adding them to the Halo Channel means less space on disc used up, but you need decent bandwidth to stream at the highest quality. Personal preference, I’m more of a fan of the Halo Channel method. Means more space on disc for other things, less space taken up on my drive if I go digital.

But with Blu-ray disks, surely disk space isn’t a huge concern?

> 2533274813317074;3:

I had never though of that, I now see the point of terminals in Halo channel

Well, it’s a matter of getting the Halo Channel working well I think.

This so much. Half the time the channel doesn’t even work.

Its up to the devs and if they do put it on Halo channel again to improve upon it.

Amen to that. The Halo Channel is a buggy piece of -Yoink-, and I’d rather they spend the handful of gigs it takes to get the terminals on disc than resort to youtube to watch them because the Halo Channel is a buggy piece of -Yoink- (did I mention?).

> 2533274827167643;5:
> > 2533274813317074;3:
> > There’s upsides and downsides to both - including videos on disc increases the space needed for each terminal video. The better quality you want included, the larger the filesize of the video will be and take up more space. Adding them to the Halo Channel means less space on disc used up, but you need decent bandwidth to stream at the highest quality. Personal preference, I’m more of a fan of the Halo Channel method. Means more space on disc for other things, less space taken up on my drive if I go digital.
>
>
> But with Blu-ray disks, surely disk space isn’t a huge concern?

Games are getting bigger, soon not even Blu Rays will be big enough

Yeah I agree, put them on the disc as the halo channel likes to crash when I access a terminal, either that or sort out the halo channel.

> 2533274813317074;3:

Maybe if the Halo Channel was decent on the Xbox One I would consider watching it on that. Right now it’s a depressing, clunky and last-minute project that still hasn’t been fixed.

> 2533274908722615;13:
> Maybe if the Halo Channel was decent on the Xbox One I would consider watching it on that. Right now it’s a depressing, clunky and last-minute project that still hasn’t been fixed.

While I’ve never really encountered these issues myself, I usually scour every forum multiple times daily and have seen quite a lot of folk reporting issues with THC. ChicknBoneJones has been great in helping folk out, tracking issues and passing data on. Hopefully this will all help to get it fully stabilized. With Halo 5 about to drop I’d imagine they would have another update on the way the looks at the biggest issues users have been reporting - namely with the UI. One can hope at least :slight_smile:

I agree they should be in game.

> 2533274813317074;3:

Streaming may be the way to go for a variety of reasons, but it can be done seamlessly inside the game to maintain ‘immersion’ rather than sucking people out into the Halo Channel.

It could be for technical reasons or matters of convenience, but I suspect that 343 is using terminal videos to drive traffic to, and promote the use of, the Halo Channel. If this is the case, I see more of the same with H5.

The idea by putting everything on the Halo Channel is a good one, they just need to fix it so it works properly…

I praise 343i and their work all the time, but Halo Channel is a piece of -Yoink-.
Sorry, but whoever had this glorious idea, should get fired or slapped… Worst idea 343i ever made to make this atrocity called Halo Channel.
Ugh.
I really wish Terminals and Spartan Ops Cutscenes were in the game, as it was on Xbox 360. We have Blu-Ray discs now, -Yoink!-.
It wasn’t an issue on old-gen console it shouldn’t be issue on Xbox One.

Also, not everyone has great internet speed. Many people actually don’t, so you have to watch it pixelated or wait for it to load.
Also, the Halo Channel is very buggy.
They should have left these cutscenes in the game OR at least GIVE US A CHOICE whether to download them or not!

Why not both?