Tenrai event goes against your claims of no FOMO

You touted how your Battlepass has no time limit and so FOMO wouldn’t be an issue. This is great.

But then you make this event and only give us 6 days to unlock the only other set of armor that’s really ‘earnable’ in the game. This is terrible.

Remove the event timer for this. Don’t do limited-time BS. I don’t care if it’s “on rotation”, that’s still limiting the availability to people. I want to have a holiday BREAK. not feel like I’m having to work to unlock some armor before the chance disappears for 2 whole months. Make these events persistent FOREVER. not on specific dates.

This has really annoyed me and soured my feelings toward Infinite as a whole going forward. Fix this.

45 Likes

Well, that wouldn’t make them events then. If they cycle (consistently forever) then you know they’ll come back around. They even tell you when.

Rotating stores, on the other hand, where you have no idea what will be in there, or when, or if it will ever return… those capitalize on FOMO.

And this one does too if it’s only happening the three times. But once every few months? It’s actually not so bad, people who play casually will make a bit of progress here and there but could grind for more if they were so inclined, and would know when they could do that.

Oh, and the weekly unlocks also capitalize on FOMO. -Yoink!- ridiculous.

5 Likes

Yeah let’s just not have any events, that would be much better.

Let’s not have any incentives for people to return to the game regularly.

If the game is good enough with it’s core play it’s not necessary to have this ‘constantly pulling you back in’ BS.

7 Likes

I wonder why Microsoft don’t understand that with their years of experience and player data and patterns. Why would they make this game like this?

Look, the issue is they boasted about their Battlepass not having FOMO mechanics by being limited time. Then they pull this crap. It feels like a lie that they’re getting out of on a technicality and I’m fed up with putting up with it.

FOMO is still FOMO. Even if it’s not the “battlepass” there’s still something you can “miss out on”.

8 Likes

Not only is it FOMO, it’s not even fun. The whole Challenge system turns what should be a fun experience into a chore. I don’t play games to do chores, I play games to have fun.

10 Likes

If the game is good enough with it’s core play it’s not necessary to have this ‘constantly pulling you back in’ BS.

There isn’t a single game in existence that does this. Player retention for literally every game always declines over time; not having events/updates makes the decline faster, which reduces the player base, which puts matchmaking into a death spiral.

But then you make this event and only give us 6 days to unlock the only other set of armor that’s really ‘earnable’ in the game. This is terrible.

I played for one hour during my lunch break and only need one more challenge to unlock the armor. And the event is gonna return, what? Five more times? I gotta be honest, with a window that large I just really don’t care about FOMO.

2 Likes

Not only is it FOMO, it’s not even fun. The whole Challenge system turns what should be a fun experience into a chore. I don’t play games to do chores, I play games to have fun. Blockquote

I don’t know if I just got incredibly good luck, but my challenges this week, especially the event challenges, were so dang easy and fast. Get double kills, spartan kills, assists, and play matches in Fiesta Mode? Each game I played I completed a Fiesta challenge. Like, this event is a blast; don’t know what challenges you’re getting.

1 Like

I think they were only talking about the paid for battle passes that give you premium rewards. This is a completely free battle pass that you don’t have to pay a dime for.

Seeing how so many people are piss off about so many things right now, yes I do believe Microsoft doesn’t know -Yoink!- when it comes to their costumers.

3 Likes

yes, and that’s a technicality that I am tired of watching people slip through. They know exactly what they’re doing and I’m tired of accepting it.

1 Like

The forums are such a minor fraction of the community, sales, player retention and introduction will be the determining factors if this is a successful game. Most people will like the game and play it, they don’t need to come to a forum and complain about it.

That’s what people thought about Battlefield V and 2042 as well, and they didnt/aren’t doing too well.

The player count is less than half of what it was at launch. Trust me, people don’t have to come to the forums to be pissed off, they just stop playing.

7 Likes

The gameplay was poor.

They need to retain players with events.
They knew how :poop: this game was going to be, so they had to start an event before it even officially launched to retain players :laughing:

2 Likes

And in this game the monetisation is dog yoink, it doesn’t matter what the issue is, what matters is their ability to fix it. I’m pretty sure dice will fix battlefield, after that it will be a solid game, I can’t say the same about 343 though.

1 Like

That’s something I’ve thought about too, the game is in “beta” but already has a limited (heavily monetised) event. What a joke

1 Like

Okay, what you going to do?