Ten tips to improving your halo 4 experience.

Now, we all know halo 4 is the biggest game release coming out this year(except maybe blops 2), there’s simply no other game that’s going to have the impact that it will, Even if it turns out to be horrible. As such, most console gamers will be playing it for at least the time between it’s release and the release of black ops 2. Below is a list of 10 tips for improving the fun of your halo experience.

1. Buy a mic-
    Halo games tend to have the highest percentage of those who actually use their mics, or at least, out of those in FPS games.(in my experience.) As such, owning a mic helps ensure you are actually capable of communicating with your team on more than the most basic level. It might not seem like this will improve the experience as a whole, but it turns out mic users are much less likely to get betrayed or trolled by other mic users. It doesn’t matter what quality of mic you buy, personally I’m fine with a vanilla xbox mic. So long as your mic doesn’t have obstructive secondary noises that annoy the crap out of anyone you’ll be fine.

2. Turn off party chat-
    sometimes party chat is a blast, and as far as features go, it’s an amazing addition to xbox live. However, it prevents you from communicating with your teammates. it also has a slight chance of convincing other in-party randoms to leave their parties, giving them the idea that maybe they can be just as amused by your antics as by those of their friends. The glory days of both halo 3 and halo 2 were long before the introduction of party chat, yet many agree those were times in which they weren’t really needed.

3. Party up broseph-
    Remember those times when you could finish a game in halo 3, then be happy to yell “party up!” in order to play with them again? Yeah, that was awesome. This builds community and comradery between otherwise random players, something halo was known best for in halo 3 and 2, but almost completely devoid of in reach. We should all try to rebuild this mindset.

4. Don’t get too serious*-
    Nobody likes a tryhard. If you’re winning that’s awesome, but that doesn’t mean you should use every single avenue available to you to insure victory over completely random peeps on xbox. There’s no reason. Losing shouldn’t seem like a stigma. ** However, if you are more of a serious player, it is recommended you find alternatives to the standard player, mlg, swat, and arena are examples of “tryhard paradise”. Meaning gametypes designed specifically for hard competitive play.

5. Do not cheat-
    Seriously, don’t do it. It’s only fun for you and nobody else.

6. Work as a team-
    Halo is a team game. Playing with a team is fun so long as you have good communication and the others aren’t trolling. a good team can make the path to victory awesome, or a hard-fought defeat seem less pointless.

7. Bring your friends-
    Friends usually make great teammates, and communication is obviously not an issue. Friends can represent a “bro” mentality, giving you a team filled with guys who will actively help you out of a tough spot.

8. Troll in moderation-
    Trolling is good fun, but trolling also begets more trolling. And getting trolled usually isn’t fun, especially if it involves teamkilling. Don’t teamkill when you troll, kids. Troll in small amounts, or every now and then troll hard. Just don’t make it too awful.

9. Be polite-
    A polite person is far more likely to make friends than someone actively cussing and insulting the other players. That doesn’t mean you have to talk like the pope, but you shouldn’t talk like someone fresh from a penitentiary.

10. bring a winning mindset-
    If you aren’t playing the game to have fun on some level, you aren’t doing it right. Don’t enter the game with thinking every second of it will be awful.

Hopefully these ten tips will improve your fun when halo 4 is released in November. This is panzie signing off, hope to see you there!

There is 65 days left until the game is released. What the hell are you doing.

Tip 1-10: Eat cake. Lots of cake.

> There is 65 days left until the game is released. What the hell are you doing.

setting precedent.

> There is 65 days left until the game is released. What the hell are you doing.

You mean 66.

8 and 9, fine line my friend, you are tempting people to tread a dangerous path here

You sir broke rule #9 already…

> 8 and 9, fine line my friend, you are tempting people to tread a dangerous path here

I can see 8, but how is nine tempting people to do anything dangerous?

Hate to break it to you, but we already have rules…

In the first month we should be nice and all that jazz, but when the cod fanboys come over, let make em feel like garbage.

> Hate to break it to you, but we already have rules…

Who said anything about these being rules? These are tips for the purpose of everyone enjoying their time.

> > 8 and 9, fine line my friend, you are tempting people to tread a dangerous path here
>
> I can see 8, but how is nine tempting people to do anything dangerous?

whens the last time you heard of a polite troll?

> > > 8 and 9, fine line my friend, you are tempting people to tread a dangerous path here
> >
> > I can see 8, but how is nine tempting people to do anything dangerous?
>
> whens the last time you heard of a polite troll?

I use trolling more as another word for pranking. Trolling doesn’t necessarily have to involve any ill or malicious intention. At least not in my own definition of the term.