Temporary XP ban even though I wasn't playing

Alright, I came home yesterday to find my account and my brother’s were temporarily banned from earning xp. Turns out, my brother had teamed up with others he met online to boost xp and unlock armor quickly. So his ban makes sense. However, I was not playing at the time. I wasn’t communicating with my brother, in any of my brother’s matches, with any of his friends, or even on the same console. I was still issued a temporary xp ban though. Why is that? I’m pretty frustrated that I can’t progress in online matchmaking even though I wasn’t involved in the offense that caused the ban. It didn’t even tell me how long the ban will last. Is there a ban appeal system for this game whatsoever? I do not believe that this ban was justified.

cool story bro

Every time a brother is mentioned, skepticism increases tenfold.

Just sayin’.

“Every time a brother is mentioned, skepticism increases tenfold.”

Yeah, I get that, but the thing is we have separate accounts. Neither we nor our accounts had any interaction when the ban was issued, strengthening my point that the ban I was issued is unfounded.

If one account does it then all accounts are banned on that console. That’s just the way it is and has been for a long time. The neighbors friends dogs owners uncles brother trick doesn’t work. Give your brother a noogie and move on.

Are both your accounts linked to the same email?

> If one account does it then all accounts are banned on that console. That’s just the way it is and has been for a long time. The neighbors friends dogs owners uncles brother trick doesn’t work. Give your brother a noogie and move on.

He said in a post that they have separate Xbox consoles.

-Edit- Oh no he didn’t sorry I misread, disregard this comment. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, the accounts aren’t linked by email. And yes, both accounts were on the console, but my account is on three other consoles as well, and none of the accounts on the other consoles were affected.