Temporary Ban for nothing!

I am aware I am the first of many but this is getting out of hand.

So I just bought my Xbox 360 Slim just to play Halo.
I bought 1 Year Gold just to play Halo Online.
I bought ALL Halo games just to play them.
Hasn’t been 2 weeks since I got my Xbox.
I haven’t quit any games.Just the ones when I lagged out and when my team rage quit when we were fighting against Inheritors.

And then this happend.

1.Temp Ban-Playing Firefight with my friends and all the sudden they left in the same sec.
I finished the game (because I had a message when I started Reach “If you continue quitting games it will result in a temp ban”-Or somtheing like that) and guess what.
After the game ended it said “Player banned from Matchmaking due quitting too much”
So yes I calmed myself thinking its just my interned and waited 10 min.

2.Temp Ban-Playing Matchmaking Anniversary Team Slayer.IDK what is this the screen turns in the Match Kill Board and it just directed me to the Main Menu with the same message:“Player banned from Matchmaking due quitting too much”
So whats the catch?

The thing is I HAVEN’T QUIT ANYTHING!
PS
When does the message dissapear when I start Halo Reach:
“If you continue quitting games it will result in a temp ban”

And why isn’t my spartan displaying on Halo Waypoint?Its all grayed out.

With this “Temporary ban from matchmaking” does this cancel my Xbox Live Gold? Or just that specific game (Halo Reach in this case) doesn’t allow you to go Matchmaking.

Any anwsers would be appreciated!

You were lagging out of games, which counts as a quit.

I’d call up your ISP and ask if they have any issues.

Wow thank you for the super fast reply and what about Xbox Live Gold and that?It has nothing to do with that just the game?

And when does the message dissapear when I start the game?That is when do my quittings get reseted?

> Wow thank you for the super fast reply and what about Xbox Live Gold and that?It has nothing to do with that just the game?
>
> And when does the message dissapear when I start the game?That is when do my quittings get reseted?

It has nothing to do with Xbox Live.

When the message disappear you’re no longer banned. Beware that if you get banned again it’s going to be for a longer period.

You clearly don’t understand.
Whenever I start Reach it says “I WILL BE BANNED IF I CONTINUE QUITTING” and I never heard of prolonged bannishment.I thought it is always 10 min.
Can anyone verify the period of bannishment due to quitting?

> Any anwsers would be appreciated!

The games you’re describing are games where you have lagged out.

Lagging out of the game counts as a quit.

There is a system in place where if you quit too much, you will be placed on a temporary 10 minute ban the next time you quit. First time is 24 hours, after that it’s a few days, then a week.

OP, its the game putting you on probation from quitting. You may not be on the ban, but the probation will stay for five days whether or not you get banned or quit.

Annoying, yes, but its there to stop quitters.

As for you getting “banned for nothing” its actually your internet lagging you out. Your friends are still in game, but you actually left them.

i’m gonna make this bold so more people see:

XBOX Live is undergoing maintnence at the moment, so if you have anything less than stellar connection at the moment, you are very likely to lag out of the match.