Temp ban for betrayers?

Thoughts on this? It really is still a problem in ctf, and it needs to stop. The fact that people just do it to get booted on purpose is even worse. I think a temp ban followed by a perma ban on the next offense would silence the betrayers for good. 343 did talk about their “smart” system that could tell if it was intentional or not so…

Hell no. While we all HATE betrayers, I don’t want to see “You have been banned from Halo 4 until 12/31/9999” pop up just because some idiot moved his head in front of my sniper scope right as I pulled the trigger.

> Hell no. While we all HATE betrayers, I don’t want to see “You have been banned from Halo 4 until 12/31/9999” pop up just because some idiot moved his head in front of my sniper scope right as I pulled the trigger.

See, that’s why they said they had the system in place that could tell if it was intentional. And you can’t get booted for one betrayal as far as I know.

> > Hell no. While we all HATE betrayers, I don’t want to see “You have been banned from Halo 4 until 12/31/9999” pop up just because some idiot moved his head in front of my sniper scope right as I pulled the trigger.
>
> See, that’s why they said they had the system in place that could tell if it was intentional. And you can’t get booted for one betrayal as far as I know.

Yeah u can. It’s happened to me two games in a row last night, unintentionally! sigh…

Betrayals are frustrating as hell. They’re actually the reason I stopped playing big team slayer; whenever I got in a vehicle a teammate would sprint out in front of me and get splattered. As a result, on the rare occasion that I’m in the mood for a big team match, I stay the hell away from vehicles.

Anyway, I don’t think we’ll ever see perma-bans for them.

I didn’t know you could be booted for one betrayal… That’s lame. I just wish there was a sure-fire way to deal with intentional betrayals…

One of my teammates killed me 3 times before I was able to boot him. I reported him also. I will do this with anyone that kills me on purpose. A mistake is a mistake but we were defending the flag with no red team around and he stuck me 3 times. that is ridiculous.

> Hell no. While we all HATE betrayers, I don’t want to see “You have been banned from Halo 4 until 12/31/9999” pop up just because some idiot moved his head in front of my sniper scope right as I pulled the trigger.

^^

not to mention flood is the only game type with FF… i believe

What? Not until they either make it so if your teammate runs into the path of your sniper/power weapon/moving vehicle/on top of your grenade, they don’t have the option to boot you, and they get a “STUPIDITY!” medal for being an idiot.

Or at least not until Complex is fixed. My favorite thing on Flood is seeing 4 people get into that glitch, then leaping in and betraying as many as possible before being booted.

And Flood isn’t the only one. I’ve had it on KoH, Big Infinity Slayer, and I think Oddball. Might have also been on CTF.

Plus I don’t care how good 343i thinks their system is, if they can’t keep their AI in the campaign from betraying each other with Fuel Rod guns and Plasma grenades, there is no way they have a system in multiplayer remotely close to judging whether or not a player actually “intended” to kill his teammate.

I betray my team all the time by accident in flood mode.
On top of this, sometimes when you have your reticule over your team mate it becomes red and therefore it makes me think its an enemy and then proceed onto one shotting him with a shotgun by accident. (flood only)

Saw a sad sight the other day.

Big Team Slayer on Ragnarok. Game starts, guy runs to Mantis, hops in, another teammate who was also running to Mantis (along with me) gets angry (I guess) and sticks 2 plasmas to the Mantis, then starts unloading with his BR.

Mantis driver turns around, chain gun and rockets, ends up killing me. I don’t boot him, but later that same guy (Mantis pilot) betrays me by ramming me with a ghost behind our own base, with no enemies around.

Great to see such teamwork and camaraderie.

You know what would be great? If you could get a warning, or a means of indication, to avoid the person you betrayed, or maybe have there be a cool-down for betrayals, I feel a great deal of pressure being one who favors driving vehicles over teammates
running in my way suddenly. (Though if it’s that easy to run doofusses over like that, then the splatters should stack up.)

I dont really know where I stand on this because Ive had a few player dedicated to ruining the game. In Spartan Ops I met a player with Grief right in his name who proceeded to run the rest of the team down again and again. The game took longer because he destroyed all the vehicles and we had to pay attention to where he was at all times or hed run you over.

However, I have certainly killed many team mates. I know the frustration of hitting the speed boost to hit an enemy player only for tms to walk in front of you. I killed at least one teammate on purpose because he would not move.