Tell how many players are in each playlist?

So i was thinking that a useful feature for Halo Infinite, as small and minute as some people may think it is, would be to somehow somewhere list how many players are currently online and playing in each playlist.

For those of us that play at odd hours of the day/night and dont feel like waiting for 30+ minutes for the game to find people, this would be very useful. That way we can pick playlists with a higher concentration of players. Idk if this already a feature in Halo 5 and I’m just stupid or what, but I think it would be useful. What do y’all think?

NO, player counts kill playlists.

In Halo 3 they used to show player counts in playlists. It’s a bad idea.
Basically, when people see a playlist has a small number of players, they avoid it. This just makes it worse, because everyone avoids the playlist, meaning the number of players never goes up. It basically leads to a situation in which only a small number of playlists have any players, like everyone being in Slayer.

I hear what uppity guys are saying and I guess you probably are right but for me personally I, for the most part, never really avoided a playlist based on its listed player account. There was the occasional time when it was extremely low and I may have avoided it, but for the most part I didn’t care.

The most populated playlist is Slayer with over half a million players who are ranked according to Halo tracker.

Alot of people dislike the ability for you to find games faster because they know it will cause people to go to the playlist with the fastest queue. Rather than fix this by adding variety or multi-queuing they want to do the easy out and remove player counts.

its a huge shame because its something that could be needed in halo MCC.

I like this idea. It can really show what gamemodes are the most popular.

> 2535473635452792;7:
> I like this idea. It can really show what gamemodes are the most popular.

Apparently a lot of other people dont. It’s just that when you’re playing at 2am or 3am or times when very few people are on, itd be nice to know where and how those people are scattered instead of wasting 30 minutes trying to find a match when I could be earning exp. I’m trying to reach 152 by November and I’m at 146 right now. It’s a long road ahead and every second counts.

While it is a good idea in theory, in practice, it creates a negative feedback loop which is not good for the playlist.

> 2533274860099441;9:
> While it is a good idea in theory, in practice, it creates a negative feedback loop which is not good for the playlist.

Care to explain? I don’t really see the adverse effects of this.

> 2535473635452792;10:
> > 2533274860099441;9:
> > While it is a good idea in theory, in practice, it creates a negative feedback loop which is not good for the playlist.
>
> Care to explain? I don’t really see the adverse effects of this.

They’re all basically arguing that players will look at playlists with low player counts and avoid them because they think the wait times for the games will be much longer due to limited number of players in the playlist.

At least that’s how I interpreted it. But even without the player count, if a playlist has a long wait time due to low player count, ita going to be avoided regardless. Only difference is a player count let’s players avoid the playlist before they waste their time waiting 30 minutes for a game. For me personally at least, if I like a playlist, I’ll play it regardless of how many players are in the gametype. I’ve gone into playlists before with low player counts. However, I’m not waiting more than 10 minutes for a game. I get what everyone is saying. It makes sense and the reason is there, but I dont think it’s as much doom and gloom as everyone believes.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So just to reiterate what I said above. Not to spam my own thread or anything but this is exactly what’s happening to me right now. Since about 6:45am, I’ve been looking for a game on Halo 5. Time is of the essence for me. I’m trying to rank up as quick as possible. I’ve been sitting in warzone legendary for about 5 minutes without finding anyone. So I was like whatever and switched over to arena- big team fiesta. Another five minute wait, nothing. Then I tried infection for a few minutes. Nothing. Back to firefight legendary. About a 7 minute wait, and just now I found a match. This is why I think we need a playlist count

> 2533274815821646;12:
> So just to reiterate what I said above. Not to spam my own thread or anything but this is exactly what’s happening to me right now. Since about 6:45am, I’ve been looking for a game on Halo 5. Time is of the essence for me. I’m trying to rank up as quick as possible. I’ve been sitting in warzone legendary for about 5 minutes without finding anyone. So I was like whatever and switched over to arena- big team fiesta. Another five minute wait, nothing. Then I tried infection for a few minutes. Nothing. Back to firefight legendary. About a 7 minute wait, and just now I found a match. This is why I think we need a playlist count

I mean, maybe you should’ve waited 2 more minutes in those other queues. :stuck_out_tongue:

But in seriousness, if a player count is low, you’ll avoid the playlist, which means less people, and then others will avoid it as well, meaning even less people. This can lead to dead playlists. I do understand the argument about respecting people’s time. Both arguments have a point, which is what makes it complicated.

They used to use a population count back in the day when halo was the most popular game and thousands of million of people played now let’s be honest halo is not that popular anymore so what’s the point of knowing how many people plays in any specific playlist in fact having a population count will discourage people to play the game anymore

Hi guys, I’m new by here.
I started to play multiplayer and I was having dificult to find a match running.
I was looking for some quick match or players couting option and was hard to find !
What would b the trick to get fast a match?

> 2533274889972931;15:
> Hi guys, I’m new by here.
> I started to play multiplayer and I was having dificult to find a match running.
> I was looking for some quick match or players couting option and was hard to find !
> What would b the trick to get fast a match?

Change your search parameters to expanded. Its before you pick a playlist. Arena might be kinda hard but you’ll usually find a match quick with Warzone firefight

Maybe you’re in a location with a low player count? Is your search parameter on “Expanded”?
I personally only stick to 2 playlist these days and even if the player count was low I wouldnt change.

> 2533274815821646;1:
> So i was thinking that a useful feature for Halo Infinite, as small and minute as some people may think it is, would be to somehow somewhere list how many players are currently online and playing in each playlist.
>
> For those of us that play at odd hours of the day/night and dont feel like waiting for 30+ minutes for the game to find people, this would be very useful. That way we can pick playlists with a higher concentration of players. Idk if this already a feature in Halo 5 and I’m just stupid or what, but I think it would be useful. What do y’all think?

I like player count, and for me I often chose to go with the low pop playlists either because I like to keep them running or because they fall under my favourite game modes such as objective.

> 2533274815821646;16:
> > 2533274889972931;15:
> > Hi guys, I’m new by here.
> > I started to play multiplayer and I was having dificult to find a match running.
> > I was looking for some quick match or players couting option and was hard to find !
> > What would b the trick to get fast a match?
>
> Change your search parameters to expanded. Its before you pick a playlist. Arena might be kinda hard but you’ll usually find a match quick with Warzone firefight

Thanks guy, Im finding games in slayer traditional mode…warzone i dont find too much…thanks

There are more player on the PC MCC than the Xbox version this is soo true! I taste It!