Tell 343 - Matchmaking is Broken

Please fix the way we are matched with other players. I can’t stand the lag any longer.

No lag here. Maybe it’s you.

It’s def not me. You are probably the crappy host that’s hosting games.

Who is supposed to tell them exactly?

No problems here either! Loving matchmaking and Halo 4 entirely. Maybe reboot your modem and router.

It’s most likely your problem. I’m not even a US resident player and my connection is great.

The problem is the main servers are down and its running on its backup - and matching people from a limited pool.

It’s funny, OP, I sometimes meet people in matchmaking that sound like you. They’re the ones at the bottom of the scoreboard with pisspoor aim who keep running out to the middle of Valhalla and then complaining when they die. “Oh, they have host, this game is so laggy, 343 sucks, oh my god who didn’t that guy die I so headshotted him, ermahgerd I was behind cover how did I die 343 have killed Halo”… no. Shut up. Stop blaming the game.

Every now and then I get thrown in a laggy game. Happens more often with larger parties (understandably).

> It’s funny, OP, I sometimes meet people in matchmaking that sound like you. They’re the ones at the bottom of the scoreboard with pisspoor aim who keep running out to the middle of Valhalla and then complaining when they die. “Oh, they have host, this game is so laggy, 343 sucks, oh my god who didn’t that guy die I so headshotted him, ermahgerd I was behind cover how did I die 343 have killed Halo”… no. Shut up. Stop blaming the game.

It’s funny to blame people skills instead of trying to help people who are lagging. I have the same problem as a lot of people, however on Halo Reach, Halo 3 and Battlefield 3 (on pc with 64 players), I don’t lag. I connected my xbox directly in my modem and I still lag. Halo 4 is my favorite Halo so far, but i can’t play it on matchmaking because there is definitely something wrong with the net code in Halo 4.

No lag here.

> It’s funny, OP, I sometimes meet people in matchmaking that sound like you. They’re the ones at the bottom of the scoreboard with pisspoor aim who keep running out to the middle of Valhalla and then complaining when they die. “Oh, they have host, this game is so laggy, 343 sucks, oh my god who didn’t that guy die I so headshotted him, ermahgerd I was behind cover how did I die 343 have killed Halo”… no. Shut up. Stop blaming the game.

Since launch I have had maybe 3-5 laggy unplayable games but the rest was perfect and I have a bog standard connection in Ireland! But I can sympathise with someone who wants to just enjoy the game but cannot for a reason that may be the games servers or his internet provider. Either way he does not deserve child like replies like yours but just helpful suggestions.

This game does need improvements to matchmaking, jip and host migration.

We all know the connections problems in this game. The game opts for the fastest match instead of the best connection. Ergo, you might get a European host or a Australian host but you’re American because there are more Europeans/Australians on at the same time you are early in the morning or really late at night.

I lag a lot in Spartan Ops and I do get the occasional laggy match in MP as well. It’s not just me, but also my cousin down the street.

If you get a laggy match, just dashboard and try again, that’s what I’ve been doing!

Its not every game but I often have some bad and I mean BAD input lag. I do well and suck horribly depending on what commendations I’m currently trying to get but either way, making berserk rushes for green visor splatters or not, the lag can be atrocious. Ill sometimes go to the “game starting” loading screen and learn I have died while trying to synch up with other players or sometimes players teleport like mad but somehow they kill me just fine. The servers could be more accurately calibrated if there is a problem but otherwise, every other game it happens. Could be other players with bad connections being hosts.