Teleporters

Since when did the Covenant ever have teleporters?

In no other fiction that i’ve read or played have they ever had them. I can barely get over the cloaked criuser that got past Reachs home fleet that numbered in the hundreds (each of which could have detected the high doses of radiation that the thing would chuck out into space), the slip space probes that the UNSC deploy into Slipspace regularly that are designed to look for incomming enemy ships And the super MAC cannon orbitol defense platforms similar to those of earth. If the Covenant had of had teleporters on any sort of production scale then the UNSC would have lost most of the ground engagements that they won from time to time. Can someone clarify please and I know that this could be considered a bit sad but I have been unable to come up with any solutions that adequetly resolve this issue.

The Forerunners have teleporters, but that’s it.
I take Halo too seriously, but that’s my problem.

Possible counter arguments will now be crushed. The teleporters only had a limited range: How many kilometers was it from the ship to the ground? The Covenant could just fire these things into strategic points, they pop up flat pack style and bring up their sheilds (Nothing humans can do about it! And capture anywhere that they want to. Maybe they could make them magically undetectable and invisible as well so that the only way you know that the covenant even exist is when holes are being melted into your face, with bolts of plasma!)

We need to find Halos control room first! Crap the Covenant got there waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before us. Again. And now we’re dead…blarg.

Like Star Trek, beam me up Covies! Reach is fun but its story is flimsy at best.

The Covenant use most of the Forerunner’s technology. They most likely use their teleportation system to some degree.

If I understand it right, who ever said that the covenant needed to get to reach through slipspace?

> If I understand it right, who ever said that the covenant needed to get to reach through slipspace?

The hundreds of Orbital MAC Stations complete with radar and motion trackers.

If they didn’t use Slipstream Space to get to the planet’s surface, I doubt there would even BE a Fall of Reach.

> > If I understand it right, who ever said that the covenant needed to get to reach through slipspace?
>
> The hundreds of Orbital MAC Stations complete with radar and motion trackers.
>
> If they didn’t use Slipstream Space to get to the planet’s surface, I doubt there would even BE a Fall of Reach.

Well if it’s not already obvious I have yet to read the books, and so I’m ignorant to the technical mumbo jumbo. Anyway whats the difference between them slowly approaching the planet and being on the planet cloaked and whatnot? If not this wouldn’t happen to be one of the problems people have with reach’s story is it?

> > > If I understand it right, who ever said that the covenant needed to get to reach through slipspace?
> >
> > The hundreds of Orbital MAC Stations complete with radar and motion trackers.
> >
> > If they didn’t use Slipstream Space to get to the planet’s surface, I doubt there would even BE a Fall of Reach.
>
> Well if it’s not already obvious I have yet to read the books, and so I’m ignorant to the technical mumbo jumbo. Anyway whats the difference between them slowly approaching the planet and being on the planet cloaked and whatnot? If not this wouldn’t happen to be one of the problems people have with reach’s story is it?

Does the quote slipspace rupture DETECTED mean anything to you? Aunty dot and cortana at various points in the franchise.

The Covenant had to set up the Spires to teleport their troops in.

Whoops, just sunk all your teleporter arguments.

As for the cloaked Supercarrier, maybe it was just cloaked better than usual. Maybe it came in and out quickly to drop the Spires, and the Covenant did a long-range bombardment at that time to mask the radiation. It’s really not hard to explain.

> > > > If I understand it right, who ever said that the covenant needed to get to reach through slipspace?
> > >
> > > The hundreds of Orbital MAC Stations complete with radar and motion trackers.
> > >
> > > If they didn’t use Slipstream Space to get to the planet’s surface, I doubt there would even BE a Fall of Reach.
> >
> > Well if it’s not already obvious I have yet to read the books, and so I’m ignorant to the technical mumbo jumbo. Anyway whats the difference between them slowly approaching the planet and being on the planet cloaked and whatnot? If not this wouldn’t happen to be one of the problems people have with reach’s story is it?
>
> Does the quote slipspace rupture DETECTED mean anything to you? Aunty dot and cortana at various points in the franchise.

Yeah I get that they can detect it but who said they had to travel by those means? I mean if it wasn’t detected in the first place then they obviously didn’t get there that way. So now apparently either way they would have been detected but if so how where they hiding on the planet?

Do I still not get it?

Mulitplayer maps are canon and they had them on Gemini.

UNSC also has, less advanced, teleporters. They probably use slistream space.

Using Forerunner technology adaptments, the Covenant made Teleporters. Just like the Forerunners likely had.
Cloaked Super Carrier? Same technology, albiet better, as the Cloaking for Elites. As well as that, even the UNSC had covert, cloaking and stealth ships. UNSC Circumference.

Spires for vehicles and such, as shown in TotS. Via, Cloaked Supercarrier. Likely came with the peices assembled, or made them somehow, and just propped it together. Perhaps they were there, just cloaked and quiet, under the pylons, for months before Reach ever knew. We can’t really know.

Simply put, we we’re completely outmatched on Reach. Covenant just had better technology, by far. As for how they got the Spires up? Same way the got a gigantic supercarrier in without anyone knowing. Superior cloaking and stealth technology. Ground Teleporters were likely put in, as a ranged unit. Only within a certain area that they controlled, or, like someone said earlier, just brought little ones with them. Did they have them on a Mass scale? I dont believe so. That’s got to be some expensive tech, right?

> > > > If I understand it right, who ever said that the covenant needed to get to reach through slipspace?
> > >
> > > The hundreds of Orbital MAC Stations complete with radar and motion trackers.
> > >
> > > If they didn’t use Slipstream Space to get to the planet’s surface, I doubt there would even BE a Fall of Reach.
> >
> > Well if it’s not already obvious I have yet to read the books, and so I’m ignorant to the technical mumbo jumbo. Anyway whats the difference between them slowly approaching the planet and being on the planet cloaked and whatnot? If not this wouldn’t happen to be one of the problems people have with reach’s story is it?
>
> Does the quote slipspace rupture DETECTED mean anything to you? Aunty dot and cortana at various points in the franchise.

The Covie insertions already on the ground were jamming areas, which camoflaged the slipspace ruptures, along with created a virtual dark zone on the planet where they set up operations.

> The Covenant had to set up the Spires to teleport their troops in.
>
> Whoops, just sunk all your teleporter arguments.
>
> As for the cloaked Supercarrier, maybe it was just cloaked better than usual. Maybe it came in and out quickly to drop the Spires, and the Covenant did a long-range bombardment at that time to mask the radiation. It’s really not hard to explain.

Thank you all for replying but what this guy said makes no sense. In the fiction they saw the enemy fleet coming and they landed after taking out some orbital guns. There was never a secret insertion that wipped the floor with the UNSC before they even knew about in system covenant. What i’m saying is why make up this new covenant tech that’s never been used and hopefully never will again when the UNSC in the fiction all ready knew they were there before they attacked. Small stealth craft yes and I doubt that they use radar to detect slipspace ruptures so am unsure wether detection could be jammed.

The ship dropped the spire. But where did said massive invisible ship come from? Not slipspace because no jammers yet = detection (if possible). And so must have come through Reach’s home fleet that would have detected it. Either way DETECTED.

Why the Covenant would know to drop out of slipspace far enough from Reach’s detection net is my only question. Knowing us paranoid humans, the ship would have had to have approached from outside the Epsilon Eridina System. Or maybe from a vector that just happened to make it through a blind spot in the detection net due to planetary body.

Heck, a very likely theory is that the Covenant made it onto Reach using much smaller vessels to drop of the cloaking pylons. Once the pylons were in place, the LNoS slipspace jumped into the atmosphere.

Until Cortana refined the Covenant jumping system and the Covie AI relayed said modifications back to Truth, it is more than possible for Covie ships to make atmospheric slip entries with more precisely relayed coordinates.

So the question is now, how long were the Covenant on Reach in the first place?

> > The Covenant had to set up the Spires to teleport their troops in.
> >
> > Whoops, just sunk all your teleporter arguments.
> >
> > As for the cloaked Supercarrier, maybe it was just cloaked better than usual. Maybe it came in and out quickly to drop the Spires, and the Covenant did a long-range bombardment at that time to mask the radiation. It’s really not hard to explain.
>
> Thank you all for replying but what this guy said makes no sense. In the fiction they saw the enemy fleet coming and they landed after taking out some orbital guns. There was never a secret insertion that wipped the floor with the UNSC before they even knew about in system covenant. What i’m saying is why make up this new covenant tech that’s never been used and hopefully never will again when the UNSC in the fiction all ready knew they were there before they attacked. Small stealth craft yes and I doubt that they use radar to detect slipspace ruptures so am unsure wether detection could be jammed.
>
> The ship dropped the spire. But where did said massive invisible ship come from? Not slipspace because no jammers yet = detection (if possible). And so must have come through Reach’s home fleet that would have detected it. Either way DETECTED.

You were going on about how the Covenant being able to teleport wouldn’t make sense as they could just pop up around people in the middle of fights, head straight to Halo’s control room, etc. But that simply isn’t the case - they need to set up and activate the Spires, and presumably something similar at their sending location. Clearly this is impractical in all the situations you mentioned.
Secondly, the Covenant ship was cloaked. As in, you can’t see it or detect it short of running into it. Tech to deflect radar is available today, and this is without one side having a huge technological advantage over the other.
As for why this tactic wasn’t used later… maybe it took up to much energy and was impractical, or maybe the teleporting relied on some Forerunner artifact that broke/ran out/was destroyed along with the Supercarrier.

I like the idea of a one of a kind forerunner artefact but if I had a cloaked undetectable ship then I would have just taken out all of the generators for the MAC guns while still being cloaked. But if the ship became uncloaked/ had to uncloak whilst firing its primary weapon (which it did) then I would have just fired one of the orbital guns at it and destroyed it. Because at that time from the game there was no mention of covenat ships, just random covenant on the ground.