Teishen Raikou the new Hayabusa set?

Looks like 343 may have listened to our wishes once again…

Doesn’t look quite similar to Hayabusa to me, you’re talking about the armor everyone gets day 1?

That doesn’t look like Hayabusa at all. Unless you’re saying it’s going to be everywhere once people have it?

Sadly no katana!

> 2533274806480235;4:
> Sadly no katana!

I liked the fact that you could shoot the katana and it would count as a head shot lol

Hayabusa armour is never going to happen again. The armour was based on Ryu Hayabusa from Dead or Alive (and Ninja Gaiden), and Bungie did it because Team NINJA put a Spartan character in Dead or Alive 4.

(Image of Spartan Nicole-458 fighting Ryu Hayabusa)

Dead or Alive isn’t Xbox exclusive anymore. All versions of Dead or Alive 5 have been for Xbox and PlayStation, and I’m assuming it will stay that way for Dead or Alive 6, when/if it ever comes out. I give Dead or Alive a 0.0001% chance of becoming Xbox exlcusive again, and even if it does, I doubt this kind of “deal” would be done again.

> 2533274818439205;3:
> That doesn’t look like Hayabusa at all. Unless you’re saying it’s going to be everywhere once people have it?

> 2533274870973785;6:
> Hayabusa armour is never going to happen again. The armour was based on Ryu Hayabusa from Dead or Alive (and Ninja Gaiden), and Bungie did it because Team NINJA put a Spartan character in Dead or Alive 4.
>
> (Image of Spartan Nicole-458 fighting Ryu Hayabusa)
> http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/deadoralive/images/7/7e/Nicole_vs_Ryu.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081114230022
>
> Dead or Alive isn’t Xbox exclusive anymore. All versions of Dead or Alive 5 have been for Xbox and PlayStation, and I’m assuming it will stay that way for Dead or Alive 6, when/if it ever comes out. I give Dead or Alive a 0.0001% chance of becoming Xbox exlcusive again, and even if it does, I doubt this kind of “deal” would be done again.

I never said it was the new Hayabusa, nor did I say I wanted the old one back.

I’m only saying it looks like a style similar to Hayabusa, but it’s still a new set. It just seems like a nod towards the Hayabusa set.

Yea I can see what you are talking about. It has a small resemblance to Hayabusa.

They look nothing alike and because they both have Japanese names it doesn’t make them the same. The new set looks nice though, god knows why the showed it in brown. Can imagine it would look better blue or red :slight_smile:

> 2535428595832499;9:
> They look nothing alike and because they both have Japanese names it doesn’t make them the same. The new set looks nice though, god knows why the showed it in brown. Can imagine it would look better blue or red :slight_smile:

I imagined it would look really nice with a green visor (don’t know why)

I never liked the Hayabusa, no idea why everyone freaks out about that thing, it was just an ugly not fitting thing, the Teishen in comparsion however I like…but probably wont wear it at least not for long.

It currently would look like that for me (Hunter -> Anubis -> Fenrir -> Helljumper)

Legendary pokemon set confirmed.

And you can still get it from the REQ System… Woo!

No, but I always that helmet was related to Helioskrill, or another Elite inspired helmet. It sort of has that long head thing going on.

> 2533274830139566;11:
> I never liked the Hayabusa, no idea why everyone freaks out about that thing, it was just an ugly not fitting thing

This!
People can say about 343i armor design what they will, but Bungie also had an armour that dind’t look like Halo at all.

Hayabusa was only cool in the sense of what you had to do to get it. Sure, people late to the chase probably can’t appreciate it as much because YouTube makes it easy, but it took people months to crack the code to unlocking the IWHBYD skull. I remember the endless forum thread of people datamining the game code trying to figure it out.

> 2533274826066683;15:
> > 2533274830139566;11:
> > I never liked the Hayabusa, no idea why everyone freaks out about that thing, it was just an ugly not fitting thing
>
>
> This!
> People can say about 343i armor design what they will, but Bungie also had an armour that dind’t look like Halo at all.

Well seeing how it was inspired from Ninja Gaiden, I wouldn’t have taken it so seriously. I personally used only the chest piece, but the shoulders occasionally and the helmet never.

Meanwhile, the ugliest armors to date have single handedly been featured by 343. So while you dwell on Hayabusa, there are far more uglier armor and out of place helmets in H4 and 5 lol.

> 2533274821174589;17:
> > 2533274826066683;15:
> > > 2533274830139566;11:
> > > I never liked the Hayabusa, no idea why everyone freaks out about that thing, it was just an ugly not fitting thing
> >
> >
> > This!
> > People can say about 343i armor design what they will, but Bungie also had an armour that dind’t look like Halo at all.
>
>
> Well seeing how it was inspired from Ninja Gaiden, I wouldn’t have taken it so seriously. Meanwhile, the ugliest armors to date have single handedly been featured by 343. So while you dwell on Hayabusa, there are far more uglier and out of place helmets in H4 and 5 lol:

And yet people still wore them. What’s aesthetically pleasing is entirely in the eye of the beholder. Wetwork is ugly AF imo, but I still saw plently of people rocking it in H4.

> 2661949065475413;18:
> > 2533274821174589;17:
> > > 2533274826066683;15:
> > > > 2533274830139566;11:
> > > > I never liked the Hayabusa, no idea why everyone freaks out about that thing, it was just an ugly not fitting thing
> > >
> > >
> > > This!
> > > People can say about 343i armor design what they will, but Bungie also had an armour that dind’t look like Halo at all.
> >
> >
> > Well seeing how it was inspired from Ninja Gaiden, I wouldn’t have taken it so seriously. Meanwhile, the ugliest armors to date have single handedly been featured by 343. So while you dwell on Hayabusa, there are far more uglier and out of place helmets in H4 and 5 lol:
>
>
> And yet people still wore them. What’s aesthetically pleasing is entirely in the eye of the beholder. Wetwork is ugly AF imo, but I still saw plently of people rocking it in H4.

I agree, but don’t you think the worst batch came from those games? I rarely had to say to myself, “what is this” in earlier games.

> 2533274821174589;19:
> > 2661949065475413;18:
> > > 2533274821174589;17:
> > > > 2533274826066683;15:
> > > > > 2533274830139566;11:
> > > > > I never liked the Hayabusa, no idea why everyone freaks out about that thing, it was just an ugly not fitting thing
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > This!
> > > > People can say about 343i armor design what they will, but Bungie also had an armour that dind’t look like Halo at all.
> > >
> > >
> > > Well seeing how it was inspired from Ninja Gaiden, I wouldn’t have taken it so seriously. Meanwhile, the ugliest armors to date have single handedly been featured by 343. So while you dwell on Hayabusa, there are far more uglier and out of place helmets in H4 and 5 lol:
> >
> >
> > And yet people still wore them. What’s aesthetically pleasing is entirely in the eye of the beholder. Wetwork is ugly AF imo, but I still saw plently of people rocking it in H4.
>
>
> I agree, but don’t you think the worst batch came from those games? I rarely had to say to myself, “what is this” in earlier games.

I dunno. I think Marathon is a close contender.