Technical Test Overall Feel and Experience

First things first, people need to understand this is just a technical test against bots. This is not a beta and maybe not even an alpha material, many people are going into this test expecting exciting gameplay being introduced to everything they have shown in the multiplayer trailer. Do not go into the technical test expecting a crazy jaw-dropping experience because you are not going to get it. The technical test is made just to test the A.I against real players to see how they respond, it is also a way to introduce the CORE mechanics of the game this means sliding, running, gunplay and etc. All the crazy stuff we have been seeing in the trailers is yet to come and will, 343 has already said these flights come out in waves so expect more later in the year with more opportunities to participate in these flights as well. This test strictly and only involves the very core gameplay mechanics that almost any shooter has with there being power-ups and grenades you can get the feel of. I would say the technical test was just put out to see how our pc specs and consoles react with the game, and them using these statistics to improve the game making it run smoother all around by launch. So far I would say for a technical test it is great as far as gameplay the game feels really smooth, it has the classic halo feel with gunplay feeling like you are playing old halo while also keeping it fresh with the buttery movement. The game does have its bugs but that is also why they released this test so they can solve these problems such as, when joining a game in progress you can’t hear anything but characters grunting when they die. Also when sliding downhill at times you can see your spartans chest plate. After playing a few hours of it as a technical test and overall CORE gameplay I’d give it an 8/10. The core gameplay isn’t anything to be crazy excited about it’s just good gameplay and it feels very smooth and solid, it’s a good basis for what is yet to come. What brings my rating down is just the release and the bugs incorporated into the game that sometimes makes certain matches hard to enjoy like the ones I have stated above. This being said, if you want to try out and get the feel of halo and see what the core gameplay feels like then this is a good way to do it, but if you are expecting to hijack banshees with a a grapple then wait for another flight later in the year.

Thanks for reading!

> 2535463092448942;1:
> First things first, people need to understand this is just a technical test against bots. This is not a beta and maybe not even an alpha material, many people are going into this test expecting exciting gameplay being introduced to everything they have shown in the multiplayer trailer. Do not go into the technical test expecting a crazy jaw-dropping experience because you are not going to get it. The technical test is made just to test the A.I against real players to see how they respond, it is also a way to introduce the CORE mechanics of the game this means sliding, running, gunplay and etc. All the crazy stuff we have been seeing in the trailers is yet to come and will, 343 has already said these flights come out in waves so expect more later in the year with more opportunities to participate in these flights as well. This test strictly and only involves the very core gameplay mechanics that almost any shooter has with there being power-ups and grenades you can get the feel of. I would say the technical test was just put out to see how our pc specs and consoles react with the game, and them using these statistics to improve the game making it run smoother all around by launch. So far I would say for a technical test it is great as far as gameplay the game feels really smooth, it has the classic halo feel with gunplay feeling like you are playing old halo while also keeping it fresh with the buttery movement. The game does have its bugs but that is also why they released this test so they can solve these problems such as, when joining a game in progress you can’t hear anything but characters grunting when they die. Also when sliding downhill at times you can see your spartans chest plate. After playing a few hours of it as a technical test and overall CORE gameplay I’d give it an 8/10. The core gameplay isn’t anything to be crazy excited about it’s just good gameplay and it feels very smooth and solid, it’s a good basis for what is yet to come. What brings my rating down is just the release and the bugs incorporated into the game that sometimes makes certain matches hard to enjoy like the ones I have stated above. This being said, if you want to try out and get the feel of halo and see what the core gameplay feels like then this is a good way to do it, but if you are expecting to hijack banshees with a a grapple then wait for another flight later in the year.
>
> Thanks for reading!

I completely agree! A friend of mine said recently that this test was a complete disaster due to (A) starting late, (B) having only one map, (C) the bots being easy to beat, (D) the Grappleshot, one of the most anticipated features in the game, is not in the test, (E) its very buggy, and (D) it doesn’t have vehicles.

My friend is a smart person, but he failed to realize the point of the test, its not a beta of the complete game, its not even an alpha of the complete game, it isn’t some sneak peek at the entire game, it isn’t even a test for ANY of the main modes. It is a flight whose goal is to (A) find bugs, (B) test the bot difficulty at different levels, (C) balance prices and XP requirements within the store, and MOST IMPORTANTLY (D) shape the game’s stats, UI, and soundscape around player feedback.

These types of flights are tests that are based around smaller parts of the game to allow for easier detection of problems within a certain area. Its more thorough but its slower.

The Game isn’t the flights, but the flights are The Game.