Teammates Stealing Ordnance?

So far, I haven’t seen any methods of prevention of teammates stealing your ordnance. I think if left untouched, it could become a problem in game. Perhaps there should be a timer for a few seconds after it drops where only you can take it (unless you died)?

This thread has been made before. Imo, you deserve to have your goodies stolen for not being careful. Greed is in the air, so I wouldn’t place anything to close to a teammate; think as them as your enemy as well.

Only the player can be blamed for someone capturing their ordinance. You’ve really got to be careful where you place it, as enemies and team mates may want to steal it. I think of Ordinance drops as being similar to Assassinations. You’ve got to be careful where you attempt to pull it off, because in some cases your allies will try to earn a -Yoink-, or in this case they’ll want a more extravagant weapon.

> This thread has been made before. Imo, you deserve to have your goodies stolen for not being careful. Greed is in the air, so I wouldn’t place anything to close to a teammate; think as them as your enemy as well.

Or just call it teamwork.

If you have team-mates then it is a team game. So it can go the other way too: call in a rocket to help out a lesser team-mate. It will be annoying to call in a sniper, only to have some nub steal it and run into CQC to try to get Snap Shot medals, then end up losing the game.

I think if you’re careful and you check your surroundings before deploying, you should be able to avoid having your stuff half inched.

> > This thread has been made before. Imo, you deserve to have your goodies stolen for not being careful. Greed is in the air, so I wouldn’t place anything to close to a teammate; think as them as your enemy as well.
>
> Or just call it teamwork.

You can, but if you were really planning on using it, you should’ve been more careful. I only have myself to be mad at, but yes, it does contribute to your team still.

There needs to be a medal for getting a kill with an Ordnance Drop:

‘Death From Above!’

This shouldn’t be a problem if you play with your friends…

Also if they put in a proper ranking system it won’t be a problem since people won’t want to lose because they stole my ordinance and I betrayed them 20 times.

I also want to say that I am totally against ordinance in the first place. Leave things like this where they belong…in MW3

Know your enemy.

I don’t believe you can take others ordances until they leave the drop case.

Well the ordinance seems to come in pretty quickly, so it doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Playing with friends solve more problems than anyone seems to know.

Im willing to bet that what will happen is the classic teamate killing you to take it from you.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a medal for “sharing” the ordnance with your friends, and put a smiley on it so it laughs at your face?

But it is still better then not being able to share it. If you die, it is better that your team gets it then the enemy. And if you really want to share it, you can.

I wonder if you can call one in on top of a warthog or tank…

> Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a medal for “sharing” the ordnance with your friends, and put a smiley on it so it laughs at your face?
>
> But it is still better then not being able to share it. If you die, it is better that your team gets it then the enemy. And if you really want to share it, you can.

Yeah depends on the situation. I agree that it shouldn’t matter if you die and it goes to your team. I rather it go to your teammate then, but if I’m not dead it would kinda suck having someone come over to snatch it. I still would play it safe in the first place.

You’re on a TEAM, if your TEAMMATE takes it, then what’s the big deal? Better than the enemy grabbing it.

yea i was thinking the same if nothing is done then theyre will be grievers like when coming to taking somones elses assassination kill or like in CoD you will die when you find a clear spot with noone around but the enemy team is gonna spawn right by there.

personally i think only YOU should be able to pick it up since YOU earned it, the overshield should be an instant buff without it dropping from the sky or maybe a beam light shoots down and hits you with an OV.

It’s not stealing if it’s teamwork!