Teammates shouldn't be able to take Assassinations

All the time when I play halo 5, this is an issue. I mean, show a little courtesy guys. I’m just trying to work on my assassination commendation, and my teammates are just like, “Nope”. And I’m not one of those degenerates who constantly just hides behind a wall to assassinate an unsuspecting fella. No. I just get assassinations when I see the chance. But then some narcissistic teammate will just stand there waiting for me to stab the player, which breaks their shields and then they just melee them for their own selfishness (This actually happened to me btw).

use to be you got the blade in the guy and it counted…system now on the other hand I have the blade in them and then I die and nothing happens

Assassination steals are a pain in the -Yoink-. Happens to me occasionally. I’m sure I’ve accidentally stolen someone’s assassination in the heat of the moment sort of thing. But it’s a different story when you’re in the middle of the kill and your teammate stops, watches, then steals it anyway. I know you can turn off the animation to prevent the kill steal, but I like watching the assassination, and why should I turn it off because other people are -Yoinks!-?

Happens all the time to me got to the point where I just said **** this and turned assassinations off.

> 2533274794821492;3:
> Assassination steals are a pain in the -Yoink-. Happens to me occasionally. I’m sure I’ve accidentally stolen someone’s assassination in the heat of the moment sort of thing. But it’s a different story when you’re in the middle of the kill and your teammate stops, watches, then steals it anyway. I know you can turn off the animation to prevent the kill steal, but I like watching the assassination, and why should I turn it off because other people are -Yoinks!-?

And also if you do that, i’m not sure if it counts toward your assassination commendations.

> 2533274911267611;2:
> use to be you got the blade in the guy and it counted…system now on the other hand I have the blade in them and then I die and nothing happens

I know it’s bull.

I agree, I think you should be able to be rescued if you are being assassinated, and one of your teammates kills the Spartan assassinating you. However, your teammates should not be able to kill the person you are assassinating. I am not sure how hard this would be to code in though. I am so happy that you can push a button and change the seat in the vehicle you are in now without having to get out, run around, and get back in haha.

There’s an awesome vine on YouTube about this. It’s hilarious happend To me just the other day.

> 2533274935099360;7:
> I agree, I think you should be able to be rescued if you are being assassinated, and one of your teammates kills the Spartan assassinating you. However, your teammates should not be able to kill the person you are assassinating. I am not sure how hard this would be to code in though. I am so happy that you can push a button and change the seat in the vehicle you are in now without having to get out, run around, and get back in haha.

Well, in older games, if you stab the guy, not even finishing the asassination, it technically counts as your assassination.

The assassinations commendation is a nightmare, it takes so long, it should register the successful assassination as soon as it begins, not at the end. It’s so irritating I wish it just wasn’t in the game.

I’m sure this is less of a problem when playing with friends instead of randoms, but I’m going with the unpopular kids and say I like being able to steal teammates assassinations. I’ve assassinated a good number of people and it’s only a small minority of them that get ‘stolen’. Not enough to seriously prolong the commendation hunt.

They should bring the "yoink!" phrase back, it makes it more fun and satisfying, but I could see that leading to more people purposefully stealing assassinations. Maybe create an equivalent medal/saying for when you get your assassination stolen. This would help people get out of the bitter barn and play in the hay.

This is why you play with people who you know instead of randoms

This is why you play with people who you know instead of randoms

People are going to be this way no matter what you play. Either play with a team or turn assassinations off.

I like to be able to steal, miss the yoink medal tho… better to turn it off, takes way to long time doin Assassinations and it might do so a enemy can koll your teammate and That’s not teamwork

This really belongs in the Halo 5 section, not general discussion, thanks.