Teammates hitting you on purpose…

A few nights back I was in a match with a player who purposely was hitting myself and other teammates with a ghost. I thought it was an accident the first time it happened but after respawning and watching him, he was chasing our team around the map and hitting them. At one point I had to jump on one of the containers (Breaker Map) to avoid being hit and they just sat there waiting for me to move.

I thought, okay this is a one off situation with a troll. Well, no. Same deal again last night. They were hitting teammates with a warthog.

Has anyone else had this happen or did the universe just make me unlucky to get matched with someone who did this twice in a week?

10 Likes

Why friendly fire is off by default unfortantly. Some people decide to ruin it for everything.

Report them in game and just hope they get punished for it down the line.

10 Likes

Get a repulser and blow them off a cliff. Problem solved :grin:

4 Likes

As @General_Fox says, report them and move on. Unfortunately you can’t stop every griefer from playing the game.

3 Likes

I didn’t report them. I just found it more strange than anything that it’s happened a few times in a short period of time. I never had someone on my side trying to splatter their own team on purpose.

1 Like

I’ve only had it a couple of times in my 2000 or so games, so I can’t complain. I didn’t report either but that was before the in game option. I’d definitely report them now. Hopefully stop them ruining other people’s games as well.

3 Likes

It doesn’t bother me tbh. Same with teammates that rocket or EMP your vehicle because you got to it before them. All is fair in love and war. I’ll gladly remember their name and get revenge lmao.

Shame that the matchmaking doesn’t queue the same players the next match, with no postgame lobby, like every past Halo, since that would give you a chance to have them on the enemy team the next match, and target them aggressively the whole time

343 was wrong to remove carryover lobbies, and vote kick/forgive, since sometimes it’s obviously an accident, and they are kicked/banned without you being able to forgive them for an accidental betrayal

Someone can just keep jumping in front of your vehicle and get you banned for betrayals, when you aren’t trying to

2 Likes

What’s bad, and maybe this is being too laid-back, if someone shoots at me and clearly wants the vehicle, I’ll usually give it to them. Maybe it’s a kid, maybe it’s someone doing a challenge. I’m like, whatever man have fun. Now I am just being thrown across the map being popped by my team, ha.

3 Likes

this is notting new at all.
since there cant betray any more with the friendly fire off there use now this tactic to destroy others players fun.
so you most then think good how much worse it can be if the friendly fire was on like in the old day’s of halo.

since back then there betray you for a lot off stupid reasons for power weapons and for the fun with melee or shooting on you.

its the best to report then what @General_Fox told you.
but there is 1 thing he has forgot to add to it.
have no hope at all that there going to stop after get bann for it since there come back with new accounts only more since the multiplayer is F2P banning people like that has compleet no use at all.

I’ve encountered similar, the ghost is just the go to vehicle for trolling because it pushes everything around easily and very easily road kills.

In general road killing teammates is way too easy to do, I’ve road killed (teamkilled) my fair share accidentally when driving a hog around. You can barely tap someone by accelerating from a dead stop and teamkill them instantly, while I can ram into enemy players full speed and not get a kill.

1 Like

This happens so often bro. I can’t even count the amount of times that I should have splattered an enemy, and they just floated on top of the vehicle, and times that I just barely accelerated around a corner, and a teammate coming around the corner died instantly

343 and their stupid trenches, giving vehicles no room to drive, and no way for teammates to see each other coming. Why even disable betrayals, but enable them for vehicles? Just make us drive through them like we walk through them, and disable it completely. Be consistent for once, 343

4 Likes

the large maps in halo infinite have lost there open space more for vehicles then in halo 5 and halo 4.
back then in halo 4 and halo 5 the space was biger and more room to drive with the vehicles.
so on this point you are right that the map making team from 343 has fail in halo infinite with it.

good point.
i think there most get a small bump from the friendly vehicles what deals also no damage then you stop then for good

1 Like

Agree with going through teammates, or just pushing them without dealing damage. The game could still keep track of if a player collided with another friendly player that resulted in a death by falling - in which case you could count it as a teamkill. But they really do need to be more consistent.

It doesn’t help that some people take it personal like you went out of your way to teamkill them and ruin their day and then as a result they go out of their way to troll you. (Not talking about OP - that’s legit trolling)

1 Like

You get banned if you run over your teammates 3 or 4 times in a row.

Yes ive seen it happen sometimes in matches. Not very common i find. They get booted after 3 friendly kills and a short ban i believe. Whats the tag?

1 Like

All that’s needed is to turn off player vs vehicles collisions when it comes to teammates the same way it is done for player vs player. This is one of the inconsistencies of Infinite I cannot wrap my head around, who and why designed it this way is beyond me.

2 Likes

I know the first guy killed at least 3 teammates as his score at the end of the game was -250 and he had a few kills and I think he suicided himself a few times too.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s allowed on here to call out players, but I looked the first guy up and it looks like he’s banned.

The whole thing just stood out as odd as I’ve played around a thousand matches and just had this happen. Accidental hits or just being stupid, sure, was just surprised to see someone going out of their way to taunt/hit their own team.

I though i heared 343 thought about that, but determined the downsides are to big.

Without collision you can hide teammates in vehicles. Take a razorback, drive it onto a teammate and then hop off. That teammate is now invisible for the enemy and perhaps can’t even get killed untill the vehicle is destroyed. On top of that it can be abused to hide the player not just to ‘safe’ him, but to let him ambush enemies. That is a bit OP.

With collision, but no teamkilling, you could just launch teammates. This can also be abused to hurt the gameplay. Think about CTF where you drive your teammate to the flag and then just bump him towards your base, so the flag is captured at record time without the enemy team able to defend it when the flag is already grabbed. And even then teamkilling is still a problem, because you could also bump teammates of the map ofcourse.

1 Like

Fair points. Well then, how about turning off FF for vehickes just like it’s done for the whole game (yet another one inconsistency…), so that your teammates can at worse push you aside and that’s it, nobody gets hurt and at the same time you cannot exploit the vehicles to gain some unfair advantage when it comes to combat or objectives.

2 Likes