Team Throwdown. Too tough to be on top?

First I have to say I’m just an average Halo player, but a huge fan of the series. Despite what I dont like about H4 I’ve never thought about abandoning the series like so many “fans” done.

I cant stand Infinity Slayer anymore. I wont rage or complain because it is what it is at this point. My personal feelings are Infinity Slayer should be an Action Sack variant. Since 343 wont consider decreasing its high level of WTF randomness I’ve decided to move on to other playlists. Mainly CTF and Throwdown.

I do well in CTF but TT is a different story. I dont think I’ve won a single game in TT. Guess what? I’m fine with that because I know why I’m losing. Either the enemy team was better or my teammates have quit…just like old times. TT plays like I would expect a successor to H3 should, even with PODs. Descoping and no sprint would make it perfect. I would even like more loadouts in TeamBRs. Like BR/Resupply/Dexterity and BR/Resupply/Ordnance Priority(since PODs are AAs only).

Funny thing is I played it when it first came out but kind of forgot about it with DLC playlists and the addition of new ones. Since TT is more balanced and competitive why is is so low in players? My guess is its position on the list. Or how difficult it is to win because it plays similar to past Halos which were arguably more difficult games.

I have a few questions for fans of Throwdown or Infinity.

1.Would Team Throwdown be more popular if it were above Infinity Slayer?

2.Should the next Halo be based on TT settings or expand on IS settings?

3.Which one do you like more and why?

Team Throwdown isn’t popular because 1) if you don’t have a team of decent people you will routinely get destroyed and 2) if you don’t have a team of decent people you will be playing by yourself half the time because your random teammates will quit (and then see point 1) again). It’s position in the playlist has little to do w/ its lack of popularity and everything to do w/ it being the play ground of the competitive Halo player, of which there are not many (left)…

> I have a few questions for fans of Throwdown or Infinity.
>
> 1.Would Team Throwdown be more popular if it were above Infinity Slayer?
>
> 2.Should the next Halo be based on TT settings or expand on IS settings?
>
> 3.Which one do you like more and why?

1. Not necessarily, but it would help people at least know it exists. They could change the name and description as well. I’ve seen a few people who had no idea Halo 4 even had a competitive playlist.

2. All I’m going to say on this matter is that Halo 5 should have multiple classic playlists and a competitive playlist. That way if the core ends up sucking we will at least still have somewhere else to play.

However, I want to have a new experience that is balanced at the same time. That is what 343I should work towards. I don’t want to have to play the competitive/classic playlist 24/7 just to have a decent core game.

1. They both have their flaws. Throwdown has better settings, but people quit often and the map selection is mediocre.

Team Throwdown is too competitive for the common masses that play Halo.

You have to remember, these people have gotten used to the laid back-ness of Halo Reach and 4 gameplay, and Throwdown is essentially an MLG playlist (just with no MLG tied to the name).

To do well you really do need a team of players, and most people do not want to put that level of effort into Halo, especially with lack of ranks as they’ll get no reward for doing so.

Sure, if you moved it to the top it might gain an extra hundred players, but nothing substantial. Those players would also likely leave very, very quickly, as there’s a very good chance they’ll get destroyed in their first game and not want to touch it after that.

Halo 5 should not be branched off of Throwdown, HOWEVER, a Throwdown styled, RANKED playlist should be implemented from the start, along with 2-3 classic playlists.

The general masses aren’t competitive players, and if we make the entire game like throwdown they’ll leave.

We have to accompany both sets of players now, which really just means equal playlists.

Throwdown is awesome but I hardly ever play because my team disbanded and Halo has strayed so far from that “party-up” friendly lobby style that its easier for me to just play doubles. I wont even touch Infinity Slayer anymore as its worse than anything Reach ever produced and that says a lot. I agree, it might do well as an action sack gametype but hey, if 10,000 people like it as a playlist… To each his own.

I think a lot of the game modes in Halo 4 would benefit from a playlist restructuring. Maybe not so much population wise, but at least their would be a thematic focus and direction to where certain players could find certain types of games.

And if you want to run throwdown anytime just add me TCU GroundxZERO. Im probably just as average but I can bring in a third and we could at least try :slight_smile: