Team Throwdown no radar

One question, why no radar? i know its designed to make people communicate, But the people i play with who are random dont ever use a mic/are in a private chat. It would be more skill based with radar so people can stealth walk and not run everywhere without a care in the world.
Plus all i get is assassinated which is annoying as hell.
Does anyone else agree?

radar is for noobs, you want radar go play infinity slayer…

…this is the competitive playlist, there is nothing skillful about staring at your radar the whole game and knowing where everyone you cant see is…

i cant believe you are complaining about the <mark>ONE</mark> playlist with no radar, every single other playlist has radar and us competitive players never had anything to play until now, you can have all the other ones

as for you mic problem, maybe you should make some friends with mics, search with a full lobby…

yes I agree, halo without motion sensor is garbage.
another proof that 343 can’t do anything right.

> radar is for noobs, you want radar go play infinity slayer…
>
>
> …this is the competitive playlist, there is nothing skillful about staring at your radar the whole game and knowing where everyone you cant see is…
>
> i cant believe you are complaining about the <mark>ONE</mark> playlist with no radar, every single other playlist has radar and us competitive players never had anything to play until now, you can have all the other ones
>
>
> as for you mic problem, maybe you should make some friends with mics, search with a full lobby…

I’m not complaining, i just find it strange how halo 2/3 in their competitive playlists didn’t have this ‘ally only’ radar. It’s more skillful to crouch walk to people and objectives and calculate a plan than it is to run in and spray cos people aren’t looking your way.
And please don’t say ‘us competitive players’ it implies i’m not one. I’ve been playing since haloCE and massively into halo2/3/reach. I’m a competitive player as well so stop being so self involved.

> > radar is for noobs, you want radar go play infinity slayer…
> >
> >
> > …this is the competitive playlist, there is nothing skillful about staring at your radar the whole game and knowing where everyone you cant see is…
> >
> > i cant believe you are complaining about the <mark>ONE</mark> playlist with no radar, every single other playlist has radar and us competitive players never had anything to play until now, you can have all the other ones
> >
> >
> > as for you mic problem, maybe you should make some friends with mics, search with a full lobby…
>
> I’m not complaining, i just find it strange how halo 2/3 in their competitive playlists didn’t have this ‘ally only’ radar. It’s more skillful to crouch walk to people and objectives and calculate a plan than it is to run in and spray cos people aren’t looking your way.
> And please don’t say ‘us competitive players’ it implies i’m not one. I’ve been playing since haloCE and massively into halo2/3/reach. I’m a competitive player as well so stop being so self involved.

im sorry but if you think crouch walking takes more skill than playing a game with no radar, you are not a competitive player…

and you are totally wrong… h2, h3, and reach all had no radar in their competitive playlist… h4 only has aly radar cause for some reason 343 took out the “X” that used to appear next to a dead team mate…

at this point i am convinced you have no idea what you are talking about and i am weary on believing that you have been playing since CE

maybe you should stick with infinity slayer so you can crouch walk and look at radar

So how much skill is involved purely relies on how good your sound system is? Because if you don’t have surround sound (or even good surround sound), there’s no way you can possibly tell when someone is sneaking (and by that I mean sprinting) behind you.

Personally I think having to balance slow movement with stealth (crouching to avoid radar) is far more risky and therefore takes more skill. Radar is just one of those staples of Halo, and it doesn’t quite feel right without it. I’m not saying I don’t enjoy a good game with no radar, but when the spawning is as bad as it, no amount of checking your corners will help you. I feel like I’m playing Slender whenever I’m in that playlist.

Furthermore, as OP said, no one ever uses their mics. Am I supposed to only be competitive when I’m with friends?

And is there only one possible way to be competitive? Surely radar is quite competitive–after all, everybody has it so no one has an unfair advantage.

Finally, can we all take a deep breath and respond maturely before calling each other names? Have the 12 year olds infilitrated the forums too???

hey man all good whatever you like better, just play it… you dont like no radar, you dont have to play it

but maybe you dont like it cause it takes more skill than you’re used to with crouch walking

you may be able to woop my -Yoink- in “infinity slayer” with radar and loadouts etc… but im pretty sure i would wipe the floor with you with “competitive settings”

they dont call it competitive for no reason, and a lot of players in this playlist are better than your “average player” you would find playing infinity slayer

> im sorry but if you think crouch walking takes more skill than playing a game with no radar, you are not a competitive player…
>
> and you are totally wrong… h2, h3, and reach all had no radar in their competitive playlist

Really?

I remember H2 had radar in Slayer, Doubles and Objective; Halo 3 had radar on in Objective and Slayer as well.

Those were competitive skillful playlists and they all had radar.

It doesn’t make it more skillful, The playlist is good but i think that the radar should be changed, it is skillful to crouch walk and take time planning things, more skillful than running around without any chance of being detected (good speakers taken into account).
It would make the game more competitive if anything. I’m tired of getting baffed from behind even though i checked behind me like 5 seconds ago because they where just out of L.O.S when i checked.

Also another problem i have with the playlist is people that DO NOT play the objective they are supposed to, for example: KOTH. People do not go for the hill, they just camp spots and get kills and still end up on top of personal points whereas i am running into the hill and dying because 4 of them are camping on rooftops and my team do nothing to assist cos they are camping aswell.
Objective games should of had their own playlist (Throwdown objective for example) Much like in Halo 3 with the Team Objective playlist and the Team Slayer playlist. Made much more sense!

> > im sorry but if you think crouch walking takes more skill than playing a game with no radar, you are not a competitive player…
> >
> > and you are totally wrong… h2, h3, and reach all had no radar in their competitive playlist
>
> Really?
>
> I remember H2 had radar in Slayer, Doubles and Objective; Halo 3 had radar on in Objective and Slayer as well.
>
> Those were competitive skillful playlists and they all had radar.

Indeed, i remember them all having radar and being 100% more fun because of it

I agree with radar being implemented,
I dont agree with the term random however.

Throwdown is meant to be a playlist like MLG has been in the past not like Slayer or Objective which are completely different, If you find them more fun because they have radar they are in this game and you’re able to play them.

> > im sorry but if you think crouch walking takes more skill than playing a game with no radar, you are not a competitive player…
> >
> > and you are totally wrong… h2, h3, and reach all had no radar in their competitive playlist
>
> Really?
>
> I remember H2 had radar in Slayer, Doubles and Objective; Halo 3 had radar on in Objective and Slayer as well.
>
> Those were competitive skillful playlists and they all had radar.

That’s because Halo 2 and 3 were actually competitive games and Halo 4 is not. Having a radar or not wouldn’t have changed that.

> Throwdown is meant to be a playlist like MLG has been in the past not like Slayer or Objective which are completely different, If you find them more fun because they have radar they are in this game and you’re able to play them.

I fully understand this, I simply don’t like the assertion that some MLG types have that radar = skilless and uncompetitive.

I crush people like that every time.

> > > im sorry but if you think crouch walking takes more skill than playing a game with no radar, you are not a competitive player…
> > >
> > > and you are totally wrong… h2, h3, and reach all had no radar in their competitive playlist
> >
> > Really?
> >
> > I remember H2 had radar in Slayer, Doubles and Objective; Halo 3 had radar on in Objective and Slayer as well.
> >
> > Those were competitive skillful playlists and they all had radar.
>
> That’s because Halo 2 and 3 were actually competitive games and Halo 4 is not. Having a radar or not wouldn’t have changed that.

And turning radar off in H4 doesn’t magically make the game any more/less competitive either.

The flaws are in the map, gameplay and weapon design not radar on/off.

I am more of a casual player than a competitive one, but I was really looking forward to Team Throwdown and the idea of a playlist where everybody started out equally and had to get weapons off of the map, like in good old Halo games.

However, the lack of a radar has really thrown me off of this playlist. I can’t tell you how many times I walk into a room to find myself facing a superior number of enemies and getting totally destroyed, or walking along to suddenly get assassinated in the middle of the map. It isn’t fun in the least bit, and destroys what could have been one of the best playlists in the game.

> I am more of a casual player than a competitive one, but I was really looking forward to Team Throwdown and the idea of a playlist where everybody started out equally and had to get weapons off of the map, like in good old Halo games.
>
> However, the lack of a radar has really thrown me off of this playlist. I can’t tell you how many times I walk into a room to find myself facing a superior number of enemies and getting totally destroyed, or walking along to suddenly get assassinated in the middle of the map. It isn’t fun in the least bit, and destroys what could have been one of the best playlists in the game.

Bingo.

H4 needs a ranked competitive list with minimal changes to grow and expand the competitive side.

Radical changes do not accomplish those goals.

> Throwdown is meant to be a playlist like MLG has been in the past not like Slayer or Objective which are completely different, If you find them more fun because they have radar they are in this game and you’re able to play them.

But i like the throwdown gameplay (no weapon ordinance etc) i just wish it had radar as i PERSONALLY believe it would make the game better/more fun/less infuriating.
You cant rely on teammates that may or may not have a headset, yes i do play with friends every now and then but its hard to keep track of all 4 players at 1 go just based on call outs alone. It gimps solo players.

> > > > im sorry but if you think crouch walking takes more skill than playing a game with no radar, you are not a competitive player…
> > > >
> > > > and you are totally wrong… h2, h3, and reach all had no radar in their competitive playlist
> > >
> > > Really?
> > >
> > > I remember H2 had radar in Slayer, Doubles and Objective; Halo 3 had radar on in Objective and Slayer as well.
> > >
> > > Those were competitive skillful playlists and they all had radar.
> >
> > That’s because Halo 2 and 3 were actually competitive games and Halo 4 is not. Having a radar or not wouldn’t have changed that.
>
> And turning radar off in H4 doesn’t magically make the game any more/less competitive either.
>
> The flaws are in the map, gameplay and weapon design not radar on/off.

I’m not actually sure you’re agreeing with me or not.

In case you aren’t I’d say people hiding around corners and tossing grenades when they see a red dot coming by is less competitive than having to work with your team and call people out.

I would like to play slayer, just not the ordnance fest that is infin-slayer.
thats why throwdown with radar would be an viable option for some of us.