Team Sniper maps Too small!

I have a couple of complaints. One is, about the maps on Team Sniper. Why would you have Team Sniper in places like Reflection and Countdown? Un-caged and Arena Zealot. It always becomes a melee battle, because you can’t even get far enough away from someone for the DMR or Magnum to be ineffective. How about adding a few more long range maps like Boardwalk and Hemorhage.
Another is, I quit two games because of this, and now, I constantly get harrassing “Information” that says if I quit any more, I won’t be able to re-enter matchmaking. Is this a joke? If I truly don’t like the choices of small venues for “Team Snipers” that you offer me, why do I have to stay. I use Team Snipers, kinda like a hunter goes to Colorado for a hunting trip, to get long shots, not to run around meleeing everyone, because there isn’t room to whip a cat on those maps!That’s kind of like trying to play golf in the house. I have been playing a lot lately, and this is my biggest complaint. I think you have a done a good job with this game up to the point of small maps for the Team Sniper.
My last rant would be about the team Elite games, do you think maybe you could put this into a category of its own. I can’t stand playing as an Elite, but for those who do, give them a place where they can play.I get a little out of sorts when it is the only choice for 3 or 4 votes and you can’t quit, or else you won’t be able to re-enter matchmaking.

Funny, my views are complete opposite. I quit EVERY time Hemmorage comes up. The game always lasts the entire time, with a score of around 30-12. So boring. I love the small maps and addition of Zealot/Countdown. The beatdown does get annoying, but that’s when a no scope to the face is awesome!

NO. Snipers is perfect in middle sized maps such as Zealot, Countdown or Uncaged. Hemorrhage, instead, is an insanely boring map. It takes ages to find people unless they are braindead and walk in straight lines in the middle of the battlefield. It’s quite hard to even finish the game before the time’s up.

Also, if you’re only doing melee battles in Snipers then you’re doing it wrong. Keep people at distance and put yourself in appropriate spots to avoid getting people close to you.

I find Snipers on small maps (Zealot, Countdown, etc.) takes a lot more skill. Snipers on big maps such as Hemorrhage and even Boardwalk turns into a campfest.

Also, the Pistol needs to be taken out of Team Snipers.

I find close range sniping difficult and an enjoyable challenge, but I still prefer long range sniper matches like Hemorrhage, because in mid- and short-range sniper matches I usually get in melees because the other player rushes me.

It’s not that hard to combo a person rushing in for the double melee. Also hemmorhage is a horrible map for snipers due to the fact that there’s nothing in the middle so people will just camp caves or on top of mountains. Hemmorhage as a map need to have something in the middle like valhalla.

> NO. Snipers is perfect in middle sized maps such as Zealot, Countdown or Uncaged. Hemorrhage, instead, is an insanely boring map. It takes ages to find people unless they are braindead and walk in straight lines in the middle of the battlefield. It’s quite hard to even finish the game before the time’s up.

Is that a problem with all large maps, or just a problem with Hemorrhage’s lack of covered and safe movement paths?

I think that if a map were large, but sufficiently covered, then games would be less stagnant simply because players would be able to move without being domed the instant their head pops out from behind some rock or pillar or pole. Add a central position that has huge benefits but is not all-powerful, and players will then have an incentive to move around (so that they may take that position). Don’t allow players to respawn in that position under any circumstances, and capturing it becomes feasible enough for players to want to give it a try.

I think it’d be possible to Forge some long-range sniping maps that don’t play like Hemorrhage. Spire comes close to what I’ve described, but there aren’t enough ways into the tower, and once a team takes the tower roof, they basically own it since they can respawn inside of it. Forging it to fix those problems, and perhaps building maps from scratch that try to work with ranged play, could lead to some good long-range games.

> > NO. Snipers is perfect in middle sized maps such as Zealot, Countdown or Uncaged. Hemorrhage, instead, is an insanely boring map. It takes ages to find people unless they are braindead and walk in straight lines in the middle of the battlefield. It’s quite hard to even finish the game before the time’s up.
>
> Is that a problem with all large maps, or just a problem with Hemorrhage’s lack of covered and safe movement paths?
>
> I think that if a map were large, but sufficiently covered, then games would be less stagnant simply because players would be able to move without being domed the instant their head pops out from behind some rock or pillar or pole. Add a central position that has huge benefits but is not all-powerful, and players will then have an incentive to move around (so that they may take that position). Don’t allow players to respawn in that position under any circumstances, and capturing it becomes feasible enough for players to want to give it a try.
>
> I think it’d be possible to Forge some long-range sniping maps that don’t play like Hemorrhage. Spire comes close to what I’ve described, but there aren’t enough ways into the tower, and once a team takes the tower roof, they basically own it since they can respawn inside of it. Forging it to fix those problems, and perhaps building maps from scratch that try to work with ranged play, could lead to some good long-range games.

i think team snipers should be 8v8 on big maps, no matter how well a snipers map is built people will always camp overlooking the open area’s and routes causing a very boring stalemate, in 8v8 how ever, people will be more inclined to move around and generally more consistent action will be going on.

BB team snipers on boneyard 2nd/3rd tier area is quite fun, save routes to take with cover in the more open areas, in a 4v4 environment it will be quite stale though.

I still would prefer small 4v4 maps to 8v8 big maps for sniping. Close range sniping I think brings out the most skilled players. No scopes/quickscopes actually become a factor, whereas in longe range you just sit behind a rock and wait. Love the action packed 4v4 sniper games. That’s how it should be IMO.

> I still would prefer small 4v4 maps to 8v8 big maps for sniping. Close range sniping I think brings out the most skilled players. No scopes/quickscopes actually become a factor, whereas in longe range you just sit behind a rock and wait. Love the action packed 4v4 sniper games. That’s how it should be IMO.

The gun is made for long range!!! It’s not a shotgun, quit using it like one.

You dont use a screwdriver to hammer a nail.

HemoRage doesn’t work well for snipers, because it’s just a canyon…

But other maps like Boneyard would be perfect.

> > I still would prefer small 4v4 maps to 8v8 big maps for sniping. Close range sniping I think brings out the most skilled players. No scopes/quickscopes actually become a factor, whereas in longe range you just sit behind a rock and wait. Love the action packed 4v4 sniper games. That’s how it should be IMO.
>
> The gun is made for long range!!! It’s not a shotgun, quit using it like one.
>
> You dont use a screwdriver to hammer a nail.

Actually, I do that all the time

> i think team snipers should be 8v8 on big maps, no matter how well a snipers map is built people will always camp overlooking the open area’s and routes causing a very boring stalemate, in 8v8 how ever, people will be more inclined to move around and generally more consistent action will be going on.
>
> BB team snipers on boneyard 2nd/3rd tier area is quite fun, save routes to take with cover in the more open areas, in a 4v4 environment it will be quite stale though.

Yes, changing it to 8v8 and big maps only would be pretty nice.

I actually got the idea in BTB. I was in a full party, and we see BTB Snipers on Spire in the voting list. It gets voted, I prepare to rage…

…and it turns out to be the best sniper match I’ve ever played. The titular structure provides an interesting balance of power, but is not nearly as overpowered as anyone would expect. Players in the Spire have a line of fire on most of the map, while players on the ground are harder to find – and both sets of players have enough cover to be safe, but must expose themselves to take shots, making timing and watching the enemy very crucial. CQC addicts can also flank and ambush players in either position, as those players will generally be focused on more distant enemies.

> > I still would prefer small 4v4 maps to 8v8 big maps for sniping. Close range sniping I think brings out the most skilled players. No scopes/quickscopes actually become a factor, whereas in longe range you just sit behind a rock and wait. Love the action packed 4v4 sniper games. That’s how it should be IMO.
>
>

It’s more like you don’t use an anvil to hammer a nail. It’s not made for it, but it will do a damn good job as such. The sniper rifle is hands down the most effective CQC weapon in the game.

I don’t understand this ideology; it’s the same thing with sniping in the CoD forums. I think anyone can agree that the sniper has an exponentially higher skill gap than any other weapon in the game, if not every weapon in the game combined. If you can pull off CQC quickscopes and no scopes, you damn well deserve that kill. It’s not like you’re spamming striker extended mags or AL (something that takes little skill), and even if it were, it’s still in the game and no one is going to play by the “honor system”.

Just because it is hitscan with a 10x scope doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be used in CQC. Just because your Ferrari can take on a fully built track car, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be used on the street (if cost and ride stiffness weren’t a factor). Sure it was technically made to go around a track, but that doesn’t mean you’re “doing it wrong” if you use it on the street.

Or a slightly better analogy: Just because a cargo jet is made for cargo doesn’t mean you couldn’t put people in it; it’s still do a damn good job of transporting people. Still, that doesn’t really do the sniper justice, as there are no cons that I can think of to using the sniper CQC, or honestly something that is even a better option.

edit: Well actually both those analogies work quite well if the shotgun is equivalent to a barely running 89 Civic (compared to Ferarri) or just a car in general (compared to the plane).

If all my other arguments fail: We will stop using the sniper like a shotgun when Emile stops using the shotgun like a sniper. B|

>
>

Makes zero sense. The DMR is Medium-Long range as well, so if you use it in CQC it’s “using it as a shotgun”?

The sniper easily has the greatest skill gap among all weapons. If you’re rushing me with AR/DMR/Shotgun/whatever, and I kill you in CQC with Sniper then I deserve that kill.

I like most of the Team Snipe maps but hemorage takes the cake for boring. I don’t like to camp for the whole game. I would love to see a forged map similar with cover like talked about above. BT snipes would also be fun lol

> Why would you have Team Sniper in places like Reflection and Countdown? Un-caged and Arena Zealot. It always becomes a melee battle

Really?. Maybe you should learn how to use the Sniper.

The last thing Team Snipers needs is more terrible large maps for player who cannot get kills unless they are crouching behind a rock and take 30 seconds to line up a shot.

That simply is NOT what HALO sniping is about.

I love big maps. Gets the full use of the Sniper. I enjoy the smaller maps a little less though.

> The last thing Team Snipers needs is more terrible large maps for player who cannot get kills unless they are crouching behind a rock and take 30 seconds to line up a shot.

Bolded: ridiculous and unsubstantiated hasty generalizations spoken as if they were absolute truths that apply to all players in all cases.

> That simply is NOT what HALO sniping is about.

If that’s true, then “Halo sniping” literally is not sniping.

I find it rather odd that Team Snipers – a playlist whose description emphasizes “long sight lines” – is little more than a Team Slayer clone with a limited weapon set played on DMR-sized maps. There is literally nothing that makes the playlist stand out – the small size of the maps prevents the sniper starts from causing any real change to gameplay – and, barring the occasional exceptions, there certainly isn’t any noticeably-increased amount of sniping. Every once in a while, people may actually use the sniper at a distance and go for headshots, but most of the time, the thing’s used as a 2SK shotgun.

If they’re not going to change the map set, then they should at least rename the playlist to “Short-Range Snipers”, or to some other name that makes it clear that the playlist doesn’t involve using the sniper rifle for its intended (and titular) purpose.

Edited by a moderator. Please refrain from stat flaming.

Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > The last thing Team Snipers needs is more terrible large maps for player who cannot get kills unless they are crouching behind a rock and take 30 seconds to line up a shot.
>
> Bolded: ridiculous and unsubstantiated hasty generalizations spoken as if they were absolute truths that apply to all players in all cases.

You’ve played 16 games in Team Snipers.

I’ve played 530.

Who knows more about the playlist and the type of players that play it? It definitely isn’t you.

Oh, and if Halo sniping was only meant to be about crouching behind a random rock as far away from the enemies as possible, Bungie wouldn’t have put Snipers on small maps…