Team Slayer Rage Quitters

So after a couple games of Squad Slayer, I went to the Team Slayer playlist to do some major pwnage.

Just about every game of Team Slayer I played involved rage quitters.

Honestly, rage quitters annoy me more than anything in Reach. They mess up the game for those wanting to win, and completely doom casual players when pitted against skilled DMR users.

So 343i community, what is your honest opinion of rage quitters? Love em’? Hate em’?

Are you one of them?

I am fine with them, gives me a challenge to try and win the game a man down, which is quite satisfying.

If they are playing Reach then I feel their pain. Even more so if they are playing a playlist labeled “Competitive” and it involving Jetpack and AL. Not to mention all the faulty game mechanics.

> If they are playing Reach then I feel their pain. Even more so if they are playing a playlist labeled “Competitive” and it involving Jetpack and AL. Not to mention all the faulty game mechanics.

If I am right, aren’t you the guy that complained about everything in Reach is bad except MLG?

MLG has made Reach’s current gameplay a bit more playable. TU MLG?!??!?!?! WOOOOOO can’t wait

> MLG has made Reach’s current gameplay a bit more playable. TU MLG?!??!?!?! WOOOOOO can’t wait

343i said on the MLG Forums that they were working close with MLG to make the TU as successful as possible.

> > If they are playing Reach then I feel their pain. Even more so if they are playing a playlist labeled “Competitive” and it involving Jetpack and AL. Not to mention all the faulty game mechanics.
>
> If I am right, aren’t you the guy that complained about everything in Reach is bad except MLG?

No… no MLG in Reach is bad also. But most of the game-play in Reach is bad, from a competitive point of view.

> > > If they are playing Reach then I feel their pain. Even more so if they are playing a playlist labeled “Competitive” and it involving Jetpack and AL. Not to mention all the faulty game mechanics.
> >
> > If I am right, aren’t you the guy that complained about everything in Reach is bad except MLG?
>
> No… no MLG in Reach is bad also. But most of the game-play in Reach is bad, from a competitive point of view.

Ahhh, ok, just thought it was you, not trying to hate on you :slight_smile: I respect your opinion.

> MLG has made Reach’s current gameplay a bit more playable. TU MLG?!??!?!?! WOOOOOO can’t wait

ehhh

I myself play to win, but I am no where close to MLG skill. I much prefer close quarter combat than the MLG sniping/scoping stuff.

A playlist with only DMR and Sprint is a nightmare to me.

Shivers

On the other hand, the couple of MLG games I endured consisted of no rage quitting.

Additionally, some skilled Halo players strike me as rude. Some act like the biggest cyberbullies online, and one guy in Squad slayer was calling me mentally disabled (one of my worst games, but no where near deserving such an insult).

As for Jetpack and AL…if you hate em’, get out of Squad and Team Slayer. There’s always MLG and arena.

> Ahhh, ok, just thought it was you, not trying to hate on you :slight_smile: I respect your opinion.

Its cool, I’m just glad the TU is acouple months away. After a year of waiting finally the competitive community has something to chew on. And thank you for seeing opinions as such.

> > Ahhh, ok, just thought it was you, not trying to hate on you :slight_smile: I respect your opinion.
>
> Its cool, I’m just glad the TU is acouple months away. After a year of waiting finally the competitive community has something to chew on. And thank you for seeing opinions as such.

Haha, no problem, I have wanted the TU just to see how a DMR without Bloom would play & other weapons.

> So after a couple games of Squad Slayer, I went to the Team Slayer playlist to do some major pwnage.
>
> Just about every game of Team Slayer I played involved rage quitters.
>
>
>
> Honestly, rage quitters annoy me more than anything in Reach. They mess up the game for those wanting to win, and completely doom casual players when pitted against skilled DMR users.
>
> So 343i community, what is your honest opinion of rage quitters? Love em’? Hate em’?
>
> Are you one of them?

only fools play TS. AL and the abundance of horrible community maps makes it unplayable IMO. If you want a good game go play squad.

This weekend has seen me play against more rage quitters than I can ever remember; game after game of people quitting when they go more than a few kills down.

I’m starting to wonder if it’s more to do with the way people are being match made? Of the 10 or so games I played today, only one or two were evenly matched and lets face it, playing on a team that’ being owned kinda sucks…

> This weekend has seen me play against more rage quitters than I can ever remember; game after game of people quitting when they go more than a few kills down.
>
> I’m starting to wonder if it’s more to do with the way people are being match made? Of the 10 or so games I played today, only one or two were evenly matched and lets face it, playing on a team that’ being owned kinda sucks…

I think a good rankign system in all playlists minus living dead and griffball and AS would fix this

> > This weekend has seen me play against more rage quitters than I can ever remember; game after game of people quitting when they go more than a few kills down.
> >
> > I’m starting to wonder if it’s more to do with the way people are being match made? Of the 10 or so games I played today, only one or two were evenly matched and lets face it, playing on a team that’ being owned kinda sucks…
>
> I think a good rankign system in all playlists minus living dead and griffball and AS would fix this

I shouldn’t be forced to have my rank showed when I play for fun, I would only support if there was a social substitute.

> > > This weekend has seen me play against more rage quitters than I can ever remember; game after game of people quitting when they go more than a few kills down.
> > >
> > > I’m starting to wonder if it’s more to do with the way people are being match made? Of the 10 or so games I played today, only one or two were evenly matched and lets face it, playing on a team that’ being owned kinda sucks…
> >
> > I think a good rankign system in all playlists minus living dead and griffball and AS would fix this
>
> I shouldn’t be forced to have my rank showed when I play for fun, I would only support if there was a social substitute.

well then quiters would be abundant in the social playlist. Losing isnt fun and when there isnt a punishment for losing early why not shorten the discomfort of losing?

> > > This weekend has seen me play against more rage quitters than I can ever remember; game after game of people quitting when they go more than a few kills down.
> > >
> > > I’m starting to wonder if it’s more to do with the way people are being match made? Of the 10 or so games I played today, only one or two were evenly matched and lets face it, playing on a team that’ being owned kinda sucks…
> >
> > I think a good rankign system in all playlists minus living dead and griffball and AS would fix this
>
> I shouldn’t be forced to have my rank showed when I play for fun, I would only support if there was a social substitute.

Not trying to get philosophical or anything LOL

But there should always be a duality to the MM experience. Competitive/Casual, clearly defined and very distinct aspects of game-play. And thats where they messed up with Reach.

> > So after a couple games of Squad Slayer, I went to the Team Slayer playlist to do some major pwnage.
> >
> > Just about every game of Team Slayer I played involved rage quitters.
> >
> >
> >
> > Honestly, rage quitters annoy me more than anything in Reach. They mess up the game for those wanting to win, and completely doom casual players when pitted against skilled DMR users.
> >
> > So 343i community, what is your honest opinion of rage quitters? Love em’? Hate em’?
> >
> > Are you one of them?
>
> only fools play TS. AL and the abundance of horrible community maps makes it unplayable IMO. If you want a good game go play squad.

Well I don’t consider myself a fool, and I do play Squad more often than Slayer recently.

Saying that “only fools play TS” is a pretty bold statement.

The maps are overplayed and overused, but the AAs don’t annoy me. Like I said, it’s the Rage Quitters that mess up the game. IMO.

Rage quitters suck! Especially when they have feed 20 or so kills then I’m stuck alone 20 points down!!!

I don’t mind playing(not that I want to) 1v4 or 1v8 for that matter but when it turns into 1v4 and the score is 3-20 the only way to win(which is always my objective) is to rush your kills because of the time limit and it is really hard when its 1v4, At even scores 1v4 I can slowly pick off people 1 by 1 as long as I kill for every death I can win.

I blame that so many people seem the think K/D is important. >:( It’s a stat! Winning should be the most important stat I want someone to start a protest towards K/D and change gamers mentality so people don’t quit to protect there K/D and will stay to win!

> > MLG has made Reach’s current gameplay a bit more playable. TU MLG?!??!?!?! WOOOOOO can’t wait
>
> ehhh
>
> I myself play to win, but I am no where close to MLG skill. I much prefer close quarter combat than the MLG sniping/scoping stuff.
>
> A playlist with only DMR and Sprint is a nightmare to me.
>
> Shivers
>
> On the other hand, the couple of MLG games I endured consisted of no rage quitting.
>
>
>
> Additionally, some skilled Halo players strike me as rude. Some act like the biggest cyberbullies online, and one guy in Squad slayer was calling me mentally disabled (one of my worst games, but no where near deserving such an insult).
>
>
>
> As for Jetpack and AL…if you hate em’, get out of Squad and Team Slayer. There’s always MLG and arena.

And Evade…and jetpack…and pistols…and rockets…and plasma pistol…and the nade launcher…shall I continue?

Second. MLG playlist kids =/= MLG players so don’t say MLG players are rude. I play MLG and I welcome everybody to play.