Team Objective?

So I’ve been playing Matchmaking pretty regularly again, and no matter what time I’m on, whether it be early in the morning or late at night, there’s always at least 1 person in the Team Objective lobby. I’ve seen it as high as 6 before, but there is always that one, single, dedicated person (I assume, anyway.).

Originally, my question was going to be “Does anyone know who this guy/girl is?” But that actually raised a better question:

Why is Team Objective so disliked that less than 10 people are on it at any given time? I’ve never had a chance to play it due to how small the lobby is. So what is it that keeps people away from it, despite the game having 100+ in many other lobbies?

> 2533274831369212;1:
> So I’ve been playing Matchmaking pretty regularly again, and no matter what time I’m on, whether it be early in the morning or late at night, there’s always at least 1 person in the Team Objective lobby. I’ve seen it as high as 6 before, but there is always that one, single, dedicated person (I assume, anyway.).
>
> Originally, my question was going to be “Does anyone know who this guy/girl is?” But that actually raised a better question:
>
> Why is Team Objective so disliked that less than 10 people are on it at any given time? I’ve never had a chance to play it due to how small the lobby is. So what is it that keeps people away from it, despite the game having 100+ in many other lobbies?

I think people see the low number of people playing, and just dont play because they think "its going to be forever before more people get on and theyre able to play. And maybe with say, team slayer, or grifball, people are always on.

also i have no idea who this guy is.

I’ve seen it at 0 before. But we could probably put together a Waypoint crew and start up a match in Team Objective… Or just wait for BC. Then more people will play.

Yesterday there was actually 8 players! Can you believe it?!

> 2535448409930004;4:
> Yesterday there was actually 8 players! Can you believe it?!

I can’t believe I missed that! I was out most of the day and was playing Halo 2 when I was home.

> 2533274831369212;5:
> > 2535448409930004;4:
> > Yesterday there was actually 8 players! Can you believe it?!
>
> I can’t believe I missed that! I was out most of the day and was playing Halo 2 when I was home.

Yep.
i was playing team slayer when I lost connection

thanks xfinity!and I finally reconnected and I decided to check out team objective and found out there was 8 players! I didn’t end up being able to play, but it was nice to see people were playing it again.

A playlist with constantly below 10 players do really need to be updated in a way. There is no reason to even have a playlist when there will never be any games played on that playlist.

Fortunately for me, my main focus in Halo 4 is Spartan Ops and Campaign which can be played solo which bypasses all the population problems.

> 2535469120778295;7:
> A playlist with constantly below 10 players do really need to be updated in a way. There is no reason to even have a playlist when there will never be any games played on that playlist.
>
> Fortunately for me, my main focus in Halo 4 is Spartan Ops and Campaign which can be played solo which bypasses all the population problems.

What they should do is a playlist for each game type.

> 2535448409930004;8:
> > 2535469120778295;7:
> > A playlist with constantly below 10 players do really need to be updated in a way. There is no reason to even have a playlist when there will never be any games played on that playlist.
> >
> > Fortunately for me, my main focus in Halo 4 is Spartan Ops and Campaign which can be played solo which bypasses all the population problems.
>
> What they should do is a playlist for each game type.

That wouldn’t really work when it comes to variation. They should first of all compress the playlists so there are no duplicate playlists that has the same purpose but uses different maps. Then, they should see if it’s possible to fuse together few playlists which are nearly equal.

> 2535469120778295;9:
> > 2535448409930004;8:
> > > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > A playlist with constantly below 10 players do really need to be updated in a way. There is no reason to even have a playlist when there will never be any games played on that playlist.
> > >
> > > Fortunately for me, my main focus in Halo 4 is Spartan Ops and Campaign which can be played solo which bypasses all the population problems.
> >
> > What they should do is a playlist for each game type.
>
> That wouldn’t really work when it comes to variation. They should first of all compress the playlists so there are no duplicate playlists that has the same purpose but uses different maps. Then, they should see if it’s possible to fuse together few playlists which are nearly equal.

that wouldnt be bad,

for instince, rumble pit + team objective + action sack.

> 2535448409930004;10:
> > 2535469120778295;9:
> > > 2535448409930004;8:
> > > > 2535469120778295;7:
> > > > A playlist with constantly below 10 players do really need to be updated in a way. There is no reason to even have a playlist when there will never be any games played on that playlist.
> > > >
> > > > Fortunately for me, my main focus in Halo 4 is Spartan Ops and Campaign which can be played solo which bypasses all the population problems.
> > >
> > > What they should do is a playlist for each game type.
> >
> > That wouldn’t really work when it comes to variation. They should first of all compress the playlists so there are no duplicate playlists that has the same purpose but uses different maps. Then, they should see if it’s possible to fuse together few playlists which are nearly equal.
>
> that wouldnt be bad,
>
> for instince, rumble pit + team objective + action sack.

I think these playlists are pretty much the same so that could actually work. I don’t play too much multiplayer but I think all of them has nearly the same gamemodes.

> 2535448409930004;8:
> > 2535469120778295;7:
> > A playlist with constantly below 10 players do really need to be updated in a way. There is no reason to even have a playlist when there will never be any games played on that playlist.
> >
> > Fortunately for me, my main focus in Halo 4 is Spartan Ops and Campaign which can be played solo which bypasses all the population problems.
>
> What they should do is a playlist for each game type.

Hell, I’d settle for objective variants other than CTF and KotH to show up in Team Slayer once in a while.

they should most definitely make a FFA playlist.

> 2535448409930004;13:
> they should most definitely make a FFA playlist.

totally agree.
i was thinking more like a fiesta playlist.

> 2535465437931232;14:
> > 2535448409930004;13:
> > they should most definitely make a FFA playlist.
>
> totally agree.
> i was thinking more like a fiesta playlist.

that wouldn’t be bad.