Team objective end game

I searched for something similar to this and couldn’t find anything much. This is my first time posting here after being on Bungie for so long. So here I go.

In Team Objective, a lot of games have four rounds. Like one bomb and 1 flag. If one team starts off by capping then stops you from capping and then caps again, why play the last round? There is no way for my team to win so why should we have to play that last, pointless round? Most of the time my teammates quit anyway which leaves me there to get blasted back and forth by four or five people. Quitting gives penalties. I don’t quit but am punished for losing…I think losing was enough. Anyway, that’s my two cents.

Hopefully in Halo 4 if this situation arises it will end the game.

Thanks for reading.

They’ve fixed that problem in grifball, I don’t know why they haven’t fix it for other bomb/flag game modes.

Welcome to Waypoint.

It’s been that way since Halo 2 online. It’s 4 rounds (2 offense 2 defense) but has always had a score of 5 to win. I think it’s because they use a standard CTF/Assault variant and then change Neutrality (Single/Multi/Neutral) in the settings and leave it at that.

Then again, there’s also glitches with round-based games that can cause a team to capture their own flag, rounds being skipped altogether, and (especially in Neutral Assault games) games completely starting over from the very beginning. Stats stay the same, but the timer and rounds reset to as if a brand new game were to start. These factors may have an impact on why it plays that way.

It won’t get changed because this forces both teams an equal opportunity. Cutting the game short, whether it sucks or not to guarantee a loss, isn’t a reason to not give both teams an equal amount of time on each side of the battle. It should, however, end if it’s 2-0 in 1-sided games. (Assuming you get 1 point max each offensive round).

> They’ve fixed that problem in grifball, I don’t know why they haven’t fix it for other bomb/flag game modes.
>
> Welcome to Waypoint.

Also, you’re stating a gametype that’s actual NEUTRAL at heart. He’s speaking on a 1-Flag/1-Bomb standpoint. The neutral game just ends after a team hits 3 because in 5 rounds, 3 plants means the other team can’t win.

However, you get penalized the worse you lose. I could be down 3-0 in Grifball and the game would end looking like we got destroyed, when they could’ve gotten 3 lucky caps. I’d prefer to play the last 2 rounds, and we could get 2 caps and then it’d end 3-2 and look like it was a close game. These decisions affect TruSkill ratings as well.