Team Mate Death Indicator

I recently discovered that upon death, your icon does not show up as a red “X” to the rest of your teammates. What was the purpose of not including this in the game?

I know that an “X” shows up on the radar, but it’s just not the same…

I agree with you with this and the fact that we cant say so and so on my X cuz not all teamates can see your X on the radar. Mainly if the showed an X above your Service Tag it was easy to figure out where you died but it seems like they want people to focus on the Radar more than on the match

Yep, another sad truth.

I want the good old X back!

> I agree with you with this and the fact that we cant say so and so on my X cuz not all teamates can see your X on the radar. Mainly if the showed an X above your Service Tag it was easy to figure out where you died but it seems like they want people to focus on the Radar more than on the match

But how can you focus on the radar in team slayer pro, if it not there?
We need the X back.

Or, and stick with me here because I know this might be difficult to understand, you can talk to your teammates.

There is a reason people like MLG players use callouts.

With the lack of X’s on your body, minus the radar, you now actually have to communicate with your team. It’s another thing 343 did in order to try and encourage greater team work.

Why they did it, I dunno. I haven’t seen anything resembling teamwork in Halo in years.

Also, why doesn’t it indicate what you were killed with. In every other game, if you were sniped, assassinated, beat down, killed or splattered, it let everyone else know. That way, if you read " ASs_hole2334 was sniped" you would know to stay away from the area, or be wary of snipers. This was altogether removed and it was completely unnecessary. This game is a devolution

> Or, and stick with me here because I know this might be difficult to understand, you can talk to your teammates.
>
> There is a reason people like MLG players use callouts.
>
> With the lack of X’s on your body, minus the radar, you now actually have to communicate with your team. It’s another thing 343 did in order to try and encourage greater team work.
>
> Why they did it, I dunno. I haven’t seen anything resembling teamwork in Halo in years.

I understand the communicating part, but if you go into games alone it doesnt really help when everyone is in private chat.

At least I would have some indication where people were dying at.

> Also, why doesn’t it indicate what you were killed with. In every other game, if you were sniped, assassinated, beat down, killed or splattered, it let everyone else know. That way, if you read " ASs_hole2334 was sniped" you would know to stay away from the area, or be wary of snipers. This was altogether removed and it was completely unnecessary. This game is a devolution

I would completely agree and also the text is really small to read.

> > Or, and stick with me here because I know this might be difficult to understand, you can talk to your teammates.
> >
> > There is a reason people like MLG players use callouts.
> >
> > With the lack of X’s on your body, minus the radar, you now actually have to communicate with your team. It’s another thing 343 did in order to try and encourage greater team work.
> >
> > Why they did it, I dunno. I haven’t seen anything resembling teamwork in Halo in years.
>
> I understand the communicating part, but if you go into games alone it doesnt really help when everyone is in private chat.
>
> At least I would have some indication where people were dying at.

Don’t we have this by team mate’s tags flashing red and then suddenly disappearing?

I miss the “X” as well. It was such a great call out to go “One shot my X!” I don’t think it’s possible to patch but they should bring it back for Halo 5.

> > > Or, and stick with me here because I know this might be difficult to understand, you can talk to your teammates.
> > >
> > > There is a reason people like MLG players use callouts.
> > >
> > > With the lack of X’s on your body, minus the radar, you now actually have to communicate with your team. It’s another thing 343 did in order to try and encourage greater team work.
> > >
> > > Why they did it, I dunno. I haven’t seen anything resembling teamwork in Halo in years.
> >
> > I understand the communicating part, but if you go into games alone it doesnt really help when everyone is in private chat.
> >
> > At least I would have some indication where people were dying at.
>
> Don’t we have this by team mate’s tags flashing red and then suddenly disappearing?

Exactly, this is an easy way to know where somebody died. Maybe not as easy as an x but still. It saved my life a couple of times, see it happen and stop moving if nearby and wait for the enemy to make a mistake.

> > > Or, and stick with me here because I know this might be difficult to understand, you can talk to your teammates.
> > >
> > > There is a reason people like MLG players use callouts.
> > >
> > > With the lack of X’s on your body, minus the radar, you now actually have to communicate with your team. It’s another thing 343 did in order to try and encourage greater team work.
> > >
> > > Why they did it, I dunno. I haven’t seen anything resembling teamwork in Halo in years.
> >
> > I understand the communicating part, but if you go into games alone it doesnt really help when everyone is in private chat.
> >
> > At least I would have some indication where people were dying at.
>
> Don’t we have this by team mate’s tags flashing red and then suddenly disappearing?

It goes away too quick because of the instant respawn, the minute someone dies they just hit X. Yea it turns like a purple color when they are shooting or getting shot. You do not have enough time to see it and also you have to be in range for the X to show up on radar.

The X allowed you to see what was going on across the map

> Or, and stick with me here because I know this might be difficult to understand, you can talk to your teammates.
>
>
> With the lack of X’s on your body, minus the radar, you now actually have to communicate with your team. It’s another thing 343 did in order to try and encourage greater team work.
>
> Why they did it, I dunno. I haven’t seen anything resembling teamwork in Halo in years.

not everyone is going to have a mic, stop making excuses for 343, there is no reason why they should have removed it, almost every FPS shooter has some indication of a teammates death.

>
>
>

Callouts are good. But still not as good as callout + ‘X’
And people just don’t use mic’s, maybe they should, but many don’t and won’t. Having the ‘X’ was SO useful