Team mascots for Halo 5.

Here’s a fun thing to discuss. Halo 4 introduced mascots for every single team color like the Tiger for green team and the Rhino for purple team while also replacing the red cobra and blue falcon for the shark and ray.

What would you like to see as the mascot for each team color in Halo 5? Would you like new mascots and if so what would you have in mind?

Well, I miss Red Cobras and Blue Hawks, so I’d like those to come back.

For Pink Team, it’s gotta be flamingos. Everything else seemed good to me! I’d switch Green Tigers and Yellow Hyenas around, though. And I’d make the Purple Team hippos instead of rhinos. Just because.

Orange team or blue team = a Fox.

If they add black team, I want the emblem to be a spider. Like black widow looking spider.
White team with penguin or a polar bear.
Penguin would work for black team too.

Oh man I forgot all about those. I never liked 'em, to be frank. It felt too kiddie for Halo.

I probably sound like a broken record by now, but I never needed anything more than Red vs Blue. Canonical tie-ins, team names other than the color… we went 10 years without it, why the sudden need to gamify everything?

Anyhoo, if the team mascots must return, my only wish is their colors are more distinct. Halo 4’s hot color palette really makes you shake you head when you see green and lime next to one another…

I have to agree with the last comment. I felt they were too “sport-like.” When I play Slayer, I don’t want to feel like I am playing a sports matchup. I want to feel like I am going into a combat zone. I know that the Haloverse turned Slayer into Spartan training but whatever.

I didn’t like the mascots. I would rather have something more significant like borrowing the Fireteam names from Spartan Ops (Crimson & Majestic), but maybe even that is too much.

I don’t see them as sport like, just as emblems. I think they are there just for fun.
But the team colors should be darker. They are very bright and light.

> Oh man I forgot all about those. I never liked 'em, to be frank. It felt too kiddie for Halo.
>
> I probably sound like a broken record by now, but I never needed anything more than Red vs Blue. Canonical tie-ins, team names other than the color… we went 10 years without it, why the sudden need to gamify everything?
>
> Anyhoo, if the team mascots must return, my only wish is their colors are more distinct. Halo 4’s hot color palette really makes you shake you head when you see green and lime next to one another…

What do you mean by kiddie? And no we didn’t go 10 years without it, the Red and Blue teams have had mascots since CE, they aren’t new to Halo 4. It’s only now that the other colors are getting love, that’s the only thing that’s really changed.

Any complaints you have regarding mascots shouldn’t be the result of Halo 4, they’ve always been there. But yeah, the colors could be a bit darker.

Anyways loving every bodies ideas, especially the penguin. But lets not feel like we have to be limited to animals. Mythical creatures perhaps?