TEAM LRS

I is the only starter that is not easy to use.

I don’t find it that hard. Any it’s pretty useful tbh on valhalla (it shall be forever!) and exile.

Actually if you use fish sticks http://c365330.r30.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/halo4_fishstick-e1346356322468.jpg?e83a2c

It’s a very easy gun to use and is a 4 shot kill every time.

You just need one scoped shot to hit, then spam 3 unscoped shots… Still a 4 shot kill at close range. Love this weapon. But don’t see a point to forcing players to start with it… Especially since it favors players who play fishsticks.

> I is the only starter that is not easy to use.

I was just playing Team Reg and did a fine job of using the LR effectively. It seems pretty easy when you are used to it.

> Actually if you use fish sticks http://c365330.r30.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/halo4_fishstick-e1346356322468.jpg?e83a2c
>
> It’s a very easy gun to use and is a 4 shot kill every time.
>
> You just need one scoped shot to hit, then spam 3 unscoped shots… Still a 4 shot kill at close range. Love this weapon. But don’t see a point to forcing players to start with it… Especially since it favors players who play fishsticks.

What is the point in making everyone start with the br? Nevermind. Never got that involved with the button layouts. Maybe it would not be so easy if you could not stay scoped in all the time, but who cares. No point in the thread anymore.

> > Actually if you use fish sticks http://c365330.r30.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/halo4_fishstick-e1346356322468.jpg?e83a2c
> >
> > It’s a very easy gun to use and is a 4 shot kill every time.
> >
> > You just need one scoped shot to hit, then spam 3 unscoped shots… Still a 4 shot kill at close range. Love this weapon. But don’t see a point to forcing players to start with it… Especially since it favors players who play fishsticks.
>
> What is the point in making everyone start with the br? Nevermind. Never got that involved with the button layouts. Maybe it would not be so easy if you could not stay scoped in all the time, but who cares. No point in the thread anymore.

I didn’t say anything about the BR…

I am simply stating that if you can get 1 scoped shot with a light rifle… Your next three shots could still be unscoped… This tactic gives you an easy 4 shot kill at close range.

The reason this is easy with fish stick layout is the location of the scope button. Easy kills close range and long range.

> > > Actually if you use fish sticks http://c365330.r30.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/halo4_fishstick-e1346356322468.jpg?e83a2c
> > >
> > > It’s a very easy gun to use and is a 4 shot kill every time.
> > >
> > > You just need one scoped shot to hit, then spam 3 unscoped shots… Still a 4 shot kill at close range. Love this weapon. But don’t see a point to forcing players to start with it… Especially since it favors players who play fishsticks.
> >
> > What is the point in making everyone start with the br? Nevermind. Never got that involved with the button layouts. Maybe it would not be so easy if you could not stay scoped in all the time, but who cares. No point in the thread anymore.
>
> I didn’t say anything about the BR…
>
> I am simply stating that if you can get 1 scoped shot with a light rifle… Your next three shots could still be unscoped… This tactic gives you an easy 4 shot kill at close range.
>
> The reason this is easy with fish stick layout is the location of the scope button. Easy kills close range and long range.

You did not grab the concept of what i asked you. We have team BRs but you said that you do not see any point in making everyone start with a LR so why make them start with a br? Why do people prefer this?

The future is orange.

Honestly, what precision weapon other than the CE pistol has taken more skill to use than the light rifle? The H2 BR was incredibly easy to use(as was everything in Halo 2), the H3 and H4 BRs both have awful random spread, The vanilla Reach DMR has bloom.

The only two that come close are the H4 DMR and no bloom Reach DMR. The H4 variant is too easy to use at long range despite its competitive friendly killtime while the Reach no bloom DMR needed something to limit it at range(preferably recoil) as it only really worked in competitive settings.

Wow. That fishsticks tip may make getting the last 500 kills easier when playing just normal infinity slayer. I could never use it on anything except BTB.

> > > > Actually if you use fish sticks http://c365330.r30.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/halo4_fishstick-e1346356322468.jpg?e83a2c
> > > >
> > > > It’s a very easy gun to use and is a 4 shot kill every time.
> > > >
> > > > You just need one scoped shot to hit, then spam 3 unscoped shots… Still a 4 shot kill at close range. Love this weapon. But don’t see a point to forcing players to start with it… Especially since it favors players who play fishsticks.
> > >
> > > What is the point in making everyone start with the br? Nevermind. Never got that involved with the button layouts. Maybe it would not be so easy if you could not stay scoped in all the time, but who cares. No point in the thread anymore.
> >
> > I didn’t say anything about the BR…
> >
> > I am simply stating that if you can get 1 scoped shot with a light rifle… Your next three shots could still be unscoped… This tactic gives you an easy 4 shot kill at close range.
> >
> > The reason this is easy with fish stick layout is the location of the scope button. Easy kills close range and long range.
>
> You did not grab the concept of what i asked you. We have team BRs but you said that you do not see any point in making everyone start with a LR so why make them start with a br? Why do people prefer this?

I can’t agree with a LR start because it favors a specific button layout… But I kinda want just for finishing commendations. That kind of loadout belongs in a Promethian Playlist where only Promethian loadouts and Promethian power weapons spawn.
— back to BR/competative —
For a competitive playlist to work best

1. everyone needs to have the same tools off spawn, period. All are equals and only skill decides the outcome.
  2. to be taken seriously by people that are turned off to the sci-fi nature of halo… Human weapons are the main feature. So starting weapon is going to be either DMR, BR or AR.

Ask yourself this. Which of these is the least overpowered, versatile, and best suits an Team-Based Arena Shooter game?

AR is has been beautifully remade, more powerful than it has ever been… Very comparable to Halo CE version. But not versatile enough… Suffers too much at long range to be useful in helping teammates. AR is a no

DMR. Versatile, very good. Works at all ranges. Very good at coming to the rescue of teammates. But… Kill time is so ridiculously fast calling out is pointless. By the time you finish calling out that you see someone… You already finished killing him. This weapon best fits a Battlefield/military shooter game, not an Arena Shooter. This weapon is more about empowering the individual rather than being a tool that forces teams to combine efforts.

BR. Closest gun that fits the bill. Good enough. Suffers at long range but still viable. Not even close to overpowered. Kills slow enough that calling out, team shooting are all strong tactics. An individual can still hold their own but feel encouraged to operate as a team. BR is the best choice a competitive Arena Shooter… So far.

> > > > > Actually if you use fish sticks http://c365330.r30.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/halo4_fishstick-e1346356322468.jpg?e83a2c
> > > > > snip
> > > >
> > > > double snip
> > >
> > > triple snip
> >
> > oversnip
>
> I can’t agree with a LR start because it favors a specific button layout… But I kinda want just for finishing commendations. That kind of loadout belongs in a Promethian Playlist where only Promethian loadouts and Promethian power weapons spawn.
> — back to BR/competative —
> For a competitive playlist to work best
> 1) everyone needs to have the same tools off spawn, period. All are equals and only skill decides the outcome.
> 2) to be taken seriously by people that are turned off to the sci-fi nature of halo… Human weapons are the main feature. So starting weapon is going to be either DMR, BR or AR.
>
> Ask yourself this. Which of these is the least overpowered, versatile, and best suits an Team-Based Arena Shooter game?
>
> AR is has been beautifully remade, more powerful than it has ever been… Very comparable to Halo CE version. But not versatile enough… Suffers too much at long range to be useful in helping teammates. AR is a no
>
> DMR. Versatile, very good. Works at all ranges. Very good at coming to the rescue of teammates. But… Kill time is so ridiculously fast calling out is pointless. By the time you finish calling out that you see someone… You already finished killing him. This weapon best fits a Battlefield/military shooter game, not an Arena Shooter. This weapon is more about empowering the individual rather than being a tool that forces teams to combine efforts.
>
> BR. Closest gun that fits the bill. Good enough. Suffers at long range but still viable. Not even close to overpowered. Kills slow enough that calling out, team shooting are all strong tactics. An individual can still hold their own but feel encouraged to operate as a team. BR is the best choice a competitive Arena Shooter… So far.

Favors a particular layout? That is ridiculous, we don’t need to balance button layouts.

1.) I can get behind that but at this point me and others in the competitive community would prefer multiple weapon starts.

2.) When has this ever been tested? That is completely arbitrary condition created by the invisible pigeonholing council. Even if that was true giving up on even attempting to change that perception is not something we should do. Not to mention if we don’t select a primary by merit than how competitive minded are we really?

3.) The DMR is too fast for an arena shooter? Since when? The H4 DMR has a 1.47s killtime. Since when was the the CE pistol(with a 0.6s killime) too fast? Or the H2 BR at 1.43? The DMR is not fast enough to reduce the usefulness of call-outs. Empowering the individual is not a bad thing, and with the DMR’s killtime it is definitly still viable to teamshoot.

As for the BR it doesn’t just suffer at range. Its random spread demolishes much of the skillgap at any decent range. Consistency is a very important factor in competition and the BR’s spread fails miserably in that category. Its slow killtime(the second slowest precision in Halo history) takes away too much of the individual’s power and forces(not encourages) teamshooting to keep up any decent pace. Not to mention power weapons become far too dominant with the BR’s slow killtime. They should be powerful, naturally, but they shouldn’t be able to operate with near impunity.

Separate but equal = never true.

I’m really fine with any weapon being a start weapon as long as everybody does too.

If there are ever “options” I will always pick the one I feel best suits the map. And if my enemies do the same… Great! We have a match! But if we are on exile and my team rolls in deep sporting DMR and BRs working together then our enemies mostly pick AR and Suppressors (for whatever reason, “fun” or “commendations”) even though it was “fair” because they had the “option” to pick better weapons it isn’t competitive because there will be no competition… Just a squishing.

The kids got to work on their commendation (thats good, i guess) and I spent a whole game stomping out players instead of actually improving my game. That’s ok for a social game but its not competitive if the other team chooses inferior tools. It’s boring.

what dose LRS stand for?

The LR is by far one of the best Primary’s due to its scoped and unscoped behavior.It rewards players who have forethought on how they should engage.I think that overall its a very competitive gun to use.I would not mind seeing a playlist that has LR starts.Would be interesting to see.

Light Rifle

> what dose LRS stand for?