Team kills

Why is team killing a thing in any game? Other than a group of friends just killing each other, the only purpose of being able to kill teammates is to steal their Prophets’ Bane or their Nornfang. I don’t get the concept. Can anyone explain the need for this mechanic?

> 2533274973681092;1:
> Why is team killing a thing in any game? Other than a group of friends just killing each other, the only purpose of being able to kill teammates is to steal their Prophets’ Bane or their Nornfang. I don’t get the concept. Can anyone explain the need for this mechanic?

It’s necessary in grifball to prevent launching and some other game breaking stuff.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274973681092;1:
> > Why is team killing a thing in any game? Other than a group of friends just killing each other, the only purpose of being able to kill teammates is to steal their Prophets’ Bane or their Nornfang. I don’t get the concept. Can anyone explain the need for this mechanic?
>
>
> It’s necessary in grifball to prevent launching and some other game breaking stuff.

In grifball it definitely makes sense, especially since there are only two weapons you spawn with, but in other gamemodes, I don’t get it.

Yep always plenty of turds trying to kill you or get you killed so they can have the better toy.

> 2533274973681092;3:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > 2533274973681092;1:
> > > Why is team killing a thing in any game? Other than a group of friends just killing each other, the only purpose of being able to kill teammates is to steal their Prophets’ Bane or their Nornfang. I don’t get the concept. Can anyone explain the need for this mechanic?
> >
> >
> > It’s necessary in grifball to prevent launching and some other game breaking stuff.
>
>
> In grifball it definitely makes sense, especially since there are only two weapons you spawn with, but in other gamemodes, I don’t get it.

Well, Friendly Fire is turned off in Warzone. I don’t really have issues with it being turned off for arena. Some people claim that it should be left on in order to encourage team work, prevent explosives spamming/kill stealing (I have issues with the latter as a concept outside of yoinks), and encourage people to be careful with how they play.

I don’t run into the amount of Griefers that people seem to claim on here, but the proper action is to report them and move on. Don’t let them spoil your day.

Annoying in slayer when a teammates grenade is thrown at your feet.

> 2535414140380568;6:
> Annoying in slayer when a teammates grenade is thrown at your feet.

Some people throw random grenades looking for a lucky kill, THEY DONT THINK about teamates, dont uderstand how works score, many r dont playin in team, just casual dirty awfull egoistic playing, shooting all also mates. Report & block
Others r just mistakes in the warm of battle, but first case is killing halo players nerves

It’s there so you can’t shoot dumb rockets and throw dumb grenades without considering if you might kill your teammate.

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2533274973681092;3:
> > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > 2533274973681092;1:
> > > > Why is team killing a thing in any game? Other than a group of friends just killing each other, the only purpose of being able to kill teammates is to steal their Prophets’ Bane or their Nornfang. I don’t get the concept. Can anyone explain the need for this mechanic?
> > >
> > >
> > > It’s necessary in grifball to prevent launching and some other game breaking stuff.
> >
> >
> > In grifball it definitely makes sense, especially since there are only two weapons you spawn with, but in other gamemodes, I don’t get it.
>
>
> Well, Friendly Fire is turned off in Warzone. I don’t really have issues with it being turned off for arena. Some people claim that it should be left on in order to encourage team work, prevent explosives spamming/kill stealing (I have issues with the latter as a concept outside of yoinks), and encourage people to be careful with how they play.
>
> I don’t run into the amount of Griefers that people seem to claim on here, but the proper action is to report them and move on. Don’t let them spoil your day.

Yeah, but splatters still happen. Probably for the same reason grifball has friendly fire, but it annoys me SO much when I am about to kill a boss and get splattered by a teammate and have to wait for 30 second respawn.

> 2533274821773458;8:
> It’s there so you can’t shoot dumb rockets and throw dumb grenades without considering if you might kill your teammate.

What’s wrong with dumb rockets and dumb grenades? They rarely get kills, and when they do it feels awesome.

> 2533274973681092;10:
> > 2533274821773458;8:
> > It’s there so you can’t shoot dumb rockets and throw dumb grenades without considering if you might kill your teammate.
>
>
> What’s wrong with dumb rockets and dumb grenades? They rarely get kills, and when they do it feels awesome.

I mean when your teammate is standing right next to an open fighting them, it’s to stop you from firing a rocket directly at them without regard for your teammate.

> 2533274821773458;11:
> > 2533274973681092;10:
> > > 2533274821773458;8:
> > > It’s there so you can’t shoot dumb rockets and throw dumb grenades without considering if you might kill your teammate.
> >
> >
> > What’s wrong with dumb rockets and dumb grenades? They rarely get kills, and when they do it feels awesome.
>
>
> I mean when your teammate is standing right next to an open fighting them, it’s to stop you from firing a rocket directly at them without regard for your teammate.

That makes sense, I was thinking you meant random grenade throws and rockets. (i.e. throwing grenades across the map at the start of a game)

> 2533274973681092;9:
> > 2533274880633045;5:
> > > 2533274973681092;3:
> > > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > > 2533274973681092;1:
> > > > > Why is team killing a thing in any game? Other than a group of friends just killing each other, the only purpose of being able to kill teammates is to steal their Prophets’ Bane or their Nornfang. I don’t get the concept. Can anyone explain the need for this mechanic?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > It’s necessary in grifball to prevent launching and some other game breaking stuff.
> > >
> > >
> > > In grifball it definitely makes sense, especially since there are only two weapons you spawn with, but in other gamemodes, I don’t get it.
> >
> >
> > Well, Friendly Fire is turned off in Warzone. I don’t really have issues with it being turned off for arena. Some people claim that it should be left on in order to encourage team work, prevent explosives spamming/kill stealing (I have issues with the latter as a concept outside of yoinks), and encourage people to be careful with how they play.
> >
> > I don’t run into the amount of Griefers that people seem to claim on here, but the proper action is to report them and move on. Don’t let them spoil your day.
>
>
> Yeah, but splatters still happen. Probably for the same reason grifball has friendly fire, but it annoys me SO much when I am about to kill a boss and get splattered by a teammate and have to wait for 30 second respawn.

I think that has more to do with the physics engine. There isn’t a way to turn it off without the splatter mechanics going even more wonky then they are now.

> 2533274880633045;5:
> > 2533274973681092;3:
> > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > 2533274973681092;1:
> > > > Why is team killing a thing in any game? Other than a group of friends just killing each other, the only purpose of being able to kill teammates is to steal their Prophets’ Bane or their Nornfang. I don’t get the concept. Can anyone explain the need for this mechanic?
> > >
> > >
> > > It’s necessary in grifball to prevent launching and some other game breaking stuff.
> >
> >
> > In grifball it definitely makes sense, especially since there are only two weapons you spawn with, but in other gamemodes, I don’t get it.
>
>
> Well, Friendly Fire is turned off in Warzone. I don’t really have issues with it being turned off for arena. Some people claim that it should be left on in order to encourage team work, prevent explosives spamming/kill stealing (I have issues with the latter as a concept outside of yoinks), and encourage people to be careful with how they play.
>
> I don’t run into the amount of Griefers that people seem to claim on here, but the proper action is to report them and move on. Don’t let them spoil your day.

I have had 1 game of warzone that for some reason had friendly fire on and my teams mantises rockets and chaingun was doing damage.

> 2533274880633045;13:
> > 2533274973681092;9:
> > > 2533274880633045;5:
> > > > 2533274973681092;3:
> > > > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > > > 2533274973681092;1:
> > > > > > Why is team killing a thing in any game? Other than a group of friends just killing each other, the only purpose of being able to kill teammates is to steal their Prophets’ Bane or their Nornfang. I don’t get the concept. Can anyone explain the need for this mechanic?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > It’s necessary in grifball to prevent launching and some other game breaking stuff.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > In grifball it definitely makes sense, especially since there are only two weapons you spawn with, but in other gamemodes, I don’t get it.
> > >
> > >
> > > Well, Friendly Fire is turned off in Warzone. I don’t really have issues with it being turned off for arena. Some people claim that it should be left on in order to encourage team work, prevent explosives spamming/kill stealing (I have issues with the latter as a concept outside of yoinks), and encourage people to be careful with how they play.
> > >
> > > I don’t run into the amount of Griefers that people seem to claim on here, but the proper action is to report them and move on. Don’t let them spoil your day.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, but splatters still happen. Probably for the same reason grifball has friendly fire, but it annoys me SO much when I am about to kill a boss and get splattered by a teammate and have to wait for 30 second respawn.
>
>
> I think that has more to do with the physics engine. There isn’t a way to turn it off without the splatter mechanics going even more wonky then they are now.

Yeah, we can’t have that lol. I’m imagining splatters when you drive past someone five feet away, while you’re going 5 mph lol.

I too hate kids that betray me. They ruin my K/D