Team Killing

Hi I was playing that new playlist yesterday social CTF and I was really enjoying it but I did encounter some team killing which killed the fun. I was playing one game where I got the flag and almost captured it, and get killed by a team member so they could get the capture. I get everyone wants to get the captures, but I think team killing is unacceptable, for me as long as one of my team is able to capture the flag that’s all that matters and I will go to the person and protect them from enemies. After that I couldn’t be bothered to even try and get the flag because I thought I would be killed again, and I did something kinda unethical whenever the person that killed me was getting gunned down by the enemy team I didn’t intervene I just watched him get killed. Of course I reported the person for team killing, but how do you think this can be resolved. I think friendly fire should be turned off. I was just wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing, and what you think about it.

It can’t really be resolved apart from a boot. Team Killing has always been in Halo, whether it was someone who wanted the power weapon or just simply wanting to watch the world burn. Just report and play the game as it should be, I’m pretty sure 2-3 betrayals = Kick option. Maybe even party up with people who aren’t so spiteful to team kill for no reason.

> 2533274867011991;2:
> It can’t really be resolved apart from a boot. Team Killing has always been in Halo, whether it was someone who wanted the power weapon or just simply wanting to watch the world burn. Just report and play the game as it should be, I’m pretty sure 2-3 betrayals = Kick option. Maybe even party up with people who aren’t so spiteful to team kill for no reason.

Don’t you think friendly fire should be turned off, that way players can’t team kill for power weapons or for the flag?

I got team killed in breakout lastnight, kids are tools. Gave him the boot and had a colorful message exchange, his mic was not working he said, how convenient.

> 2533274854386801;4:
> I got team killed in breakout lastnight, kids are tools. Gave him the boot and had a colorful message exchange, his mic was not working he said, how convenient.

Turning friendly fire off would just help avoid the issue, is there a reason why it’s a bad idea because I’m not aware of any.

For one day, make it so if you are banned for w/e reason, its a 3 day ban. Just one day and see what happens, and make it a Friday. If you do something that results in a ban, you wont play that weekend.

Seems most of the team killers are always ranked 60 or higher. Never the lower ones. Low ranks always the willing and dependable ones.

> 2535414676130190;5:
> > 2533274854386801;4:
> > I got team killed in breakout lastnight, kids are tools. Gave him the boot and had a colorful message exchange, his mic was not working he said, how convenient.
>
>
> Turning friendly fire off would just help avoid the issue, is there a reason why it’s a bad idea because I’m not aware of any.

no, we need friendly fire , otherwise, this game will become a grenade fiesta since you know your allies wont die. you have to watch carefully where you throw these thing.
If an allie want to betray me, i kill him first…, not the best solution but w/e.

If team killing was turned off this wouldn’t happen but then people would just be spraying bullets and throwing nades everywhere.
The idea is to take everything into account and play accordingly.
Team killing is annoying and once someone betrays me I try my best to annoy them hoping they will do it again so I can boot them.

> 2533274883240607;7:
> > 2535414676130190;5:
> > > 2533274854386801;4:
> > > I got team killed in breakout lastnight, kids are tools. Gave him the boot and had a colorful message exchange, his mic was not working he said, how convenient.
> >
> >
> > Turning friendly fire off would just help avoid the issue, is there a reason why it’s a bad idea because I’m not aware of any.
>
>
> no, we need friendly fire , otherwise, this game will become a grenade fiesta since you know your allies wont die. you have to watch carefully where you throw these thing.
> If an allie want to betray me, i kill him first…, not the best solution but w/e.

I dont want friendly fire. It is not often I get betrayed.

I wonder if mentioning ‘he who shall not be named’ is as ban worthy here as it was on bungie?

> 2535414676130190;5:
> > 2533274854386801;4:
> > I got team killed in breakout lastnight, kids are tools. Gave him the boot and had a colorful message exchange, his mic was not working he said, how convenient.
>
>
> Turning friendly fire off would just help avoid the issue, is there a reason why it’s a bad idea because I’m not aware of any.

It would get a litttle ridiculous with grenades and rockets, and to some extent support shots, if you didn’t have to worry about accidentally killing your teammates in objective games. Grenade spam without consequences would kind of ruin competitive play.

It is really annoying getting betrayed. In halo 3 you could be banned if you got kicked for it too many times. Some people are -Yoinks!-, but there is a solution: booting and partying up.

I have only betrayed a teammate 2 on purpose. The first time was in CTF when i was protecting the flag carrier. Another teammate killed him because he wanted to take the flag rest of the way. So before he scored i gave him a taste of his own medicine and took the flag in myself for the win. The second time was after i picked up the shotgun so he started shooting at me so i gave him a 1 shot kill to the face. He stopped after that.

People who betray repeatedly should be teamed up together so they can kill each other all they want.