Team Colors: What Happened?

I might be nitpicking, but I know I’m not the first person to bring this up: the Red and Blue teams are unusually colored. Too bright, especially in a game where pretty much everything is bright. To compare, take a look at these basic shades of red and blue, normally present in the past Halo games. And then, take a look at the new salmon and periwinkle pallets adopted in War Games.

Two questions: was there any real reason for this change, and is it still too late to fix them?

EDIT: The images aren’t appearing and I don’t know why. But they are currently available in my File Share, so check that out.

This was a common complaint back in November 2012 when people finally got the game, but it seems it fell of deaf ears that early on before it could be fixed.

We know the Matchmaking team can change the team colours using Megalo as it has been done for special time playlists, but that’s the only time.

At this point, I doubt it will be changed. It would require them to go through every game type with Red and Blue teams and then retest them to make sure they didn’t break anything.

I’d prefer it if they focused on reworking playlists and obviously new rotational ones too.

For future titles (including Halo 2014), I hope the colours don’t look like Halo 4’s, they need to actually be a decent shade of red, blue and even other team colours too.

Hey, Moa! I didn’t know you were still here.

But yes. I don’t understand why this was changed (I heard a rumor about colorblindness, but I don’t think that’s right). It might have something to do with the new art style, but, as we’ve seen on the S-IVs, the Master Chief, and the Sangheili, the new style’s not that great.

> Hey, Moa! I didn’t know you were still here.
>
> But yes. I don’t understand why this was changed (I heard a rumor about colorblindness, but I don’t think that’s right). It might have something to do with the new art style, but, as we’ve seen on the S-IVs, the Master Chief, and the Sangheili, the new style’s not that great.

I don’t think they ever came out publicly and said why it was changed, but it was likely to fit with the art style as you said. But it doesn’t look right, at all.

Hopefully they’ve listened to the feedback for the next game, the colours have been weak in Halo after Halo 3.

> > Hey, Moa! I didn’t know you were still here.
> >
> > But yes. I don’t understand why this was changed (I heard a rumor about colorblindness, but I don’t think that’s right). It might have something to do with the new art style, but, as we’ve seen on the S-IVs, the Master Chief, and the Sangheili, the new style’s not that great.
>
> I don’t think they ever came out publicly and said why it was changed, but it was likely to fit with the art style as you said. But it doesn’t look right, at all.
>
> Hopefully they’ve listened to the feedback for the next game, the colours have been weak in Halo after Halo 3.

Hardly. Reach’s were a tad darker, but it was still pretty good-looking. And different shades of red and blue for the Elites based on their armor was a pretty neat touch, too.

Just have it bright red and dark blue. It had no reason to be changed in the first place to be honest.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Ice cream happened. That’s what happened…

>

What.

> >
>
> What.

I think he forgot how to potato…

Honestly, it was most likely because of the graphical change and things of the like. However, I think they will rectify it in some way come Halo 5: Guardians, unless they are oblivious to the word ugly.

Baby blue vs pink Spartans does get quite annoying after a while. All the team colors were awful in Halo 4; remember the yellow, lime and green Spartans were practically identical.