Team BR's Valhalla > Infinity Slayer Ragnarok

Just played Team BR’s on Valhalla, and well…

THE MAP MOVEMENT, IT WAS GLORIOUS!
No one camped the middle ridge, not even the snipers. Everyone was running all over the map to get kills. We managed to spawn trap the enemy team, but that was after 2 guys left.

My point is, some elements of Halo 4 are good for Halo, but have been implemented poorly. Others, should not be here at all.
JiP should be in Halo 4, but it is poorly executed.
Flinching should not be in Halo, De-Scoping to make a return pl0x.
Custom Load-outs, AA’s and Perks shouldn’t be in Halo 4 either.

I think that a Classic Slayer variant would be a very welcome addition to Halo 4. Infinity Slayer has it’s positives but it has a totally different feel to it and totally turns map movement upside down.

Whilst Valhalla in Halo 3 was incredible fun, and Ragnarock in Halo 4 is awful, the game needs to evolve to keep up with the modern FPS shooter, and be as innovative as possible to stay fresh.

Sounds Amazing! It would be nice to have in BTB.

No one camped middle ridge? That’s a load of bull****. You’d always get guys with snipers or the laser hanging out up there.

> Whilst Valhalla in Halo 3 was incredible fun, and Ragnarock in Halo 4 is awful, the game needs to evolve to keep up with the modern FPS shooter, and be as innovative as possible to stay fresh.

Why should halo copy other franchises when it had a great fan base already. IE COD since 07 has barely changed, halo has too much.

And since when did innovating stand for copying other game features?

> Whilst Valhalla in Halo 3 was incredible fun, and Ragnarock in Halo 4 is awful, the game needs to evolve to keep up with the modern FPS shooter, and be as innovative as possible to stay fresh.

I prefer Ragnarok over Valhalla.

> > Whilst Valhalla in Halo 3 was incredible fun, and Ragnarock in Halo 4 is awful, the game needs to evolve to keep up with the modern FPS shooter, and be as innovative as possible to stay fresh.
>
> Why should halo copy other franchises when it had a great fan base already. IE COD since 07 has barely changed, halo has too much.
>
> And since when did innovating stand for copying other game features?

And Call of Duty is dying. You may not realize this, but even the most hardcore CoD fanboys are wanting at least a little change.

Can you elaborate on why its better?

> > > Whilst Valhalla in Halo 3 was incredible fun, and Ragnarock in Halo 4 is awful, the game needs to evolve to keep up with the modern FPS shooter, and be as innovative as possible to stay fresh.
> >
> > Why should halo copy other franchises when it had a great fan base already. IE COD since 07 has barely changed, halo has too much.
> >
> > And since when did innovating stand for copying other game features?
>
> And Call of Duty is dying. You may not realize this, but even the most hardcore CoD fanboys are wanting at least a little change.

Exactly, they see the changes and innovation in Halo 4. The innovation is so good in Halo 4 that peoples minds are so blown they actually cant play the game as their brains will explode from the innovation, hence the massiv drop in population, whilst COD constantly growss.

Classic slayer. BTB classic.

Filled with slayer and objectives.

I’d be happy.

> No one camped middle ridge? That’s a load of bull****. You’d always get guys with snipers or the laser hanging out up there.

This enough said and sorry but if you had no one controlling middle ridge you where playing with a bunch of noobs mid point on the map even on Halo 3 was vital for map control and in Halo 3 even with out the DMR you could still pin the enemy team back at there base with BR’s and Snipers.

> Classic slayer. BTB classic.
>
> Filled with slayer and objectives.
>
> I’d be happy.

Halo 3 and Reach I think still have their servers up. BTB in Halo 4 is more geared towards the more modern FPS approach, where Slayer is far more popular than OBJ.

Funny, valhalla in Halo 3 everybody camped with BR’s in the middel.

> > Classic slayer. BTB classic.
> >
> > Filled with slayer and objectives.
> >
> > I’d be happy.
>
> Halo 3 and Reach I think still have their servers up. BTB in Halo 4 is more geared towards the more modern FPS approach, where Slayer is far more popular than OBJ.

It’s sad. I still can’t believe 343i didn’t even put in objectives into Big Team.

> > No one camped middle ridge? That’s a load of bull****. You’d always get guys with snipers or the laser hanging out up there.
>
> This enough said and sorry but if you had no one controlling middle ridge you where playing with a bunch of noobs mid point on the map even on Halo 3 was vital for map control and in Halo 3 even with out the DMR you could still pin the enemy team back at there base with BR’s and Snipers.

You guys are more than welcome to watch the game, I could record it for you but it would be pointless.
The game started 5v5, we went for the sniper and after someone had taken it we ran for the SPlaser. No one camped on the ridge, they may have been there for 10 second intervals but that was it. Some of the game was fought by the Pelican and the Turret on the other side, and the rest was spent in each others bases.

No, you couldn’t pin a team down from middle ridge. You would have to wait for them to come off the man-cannon to kill them with a BR. The sniper could do it, but no one did it that game.

> Can you elaborate on why its better?

AA’s, Custom Loadouts and Perks restrict how people play. For instance, if I choose to play with a BR on Ragnarok, I will almost certainly get my behind handed to me. If I choose to play with Regen Field instead of Promethean Vision or Active Camo then I will be at a disadvantage.
The skill gap has been reduced by so much that there is hardly anything between an average player and a good player. In Halo 3, BR starts the best team often won. That isn’t the case in Halo 4.
Map movement is reduced to nothing due to some weapons (DMR), Personal Ordnance causes nobody to move in Infinity Slayer. 343 wanted to speed up the game-play, but on maps like Ragnarok it has slowed down.

Halo 3 was so basic and that’s why it worked and will continue to work well.
Halo 4 is over-complicated, causing people to lose interest as there is nothing to play for other than fun, which is hard to come by.
I enjoyed playing on the Forge Test playlist yesterday, because it reminded me of Halo 3. But there is still a lot of work to do before we get game-play worthy of the name HALO.

> > > Whilst Valhalla in Halo 3 was incredible fun, and Ragnarock in Halo 4 is awful, the game needs to evolve to keep up with the modern FPS shooter, and be as innovative as possible to stay fresh.
> >
> > Why should halo copy other franchises when it had a great fan base already. IE COD since 07 has barely changed, halo has too much.
> >
> > And since when did innovating stand for copying other game features?
>
> A<mark>nd Call of Duty is dying</mark>. You may not realize this, but even the most hardcore CoD fanboys are wanting at least a little change.

Lol i play call of duty and halo, and i can tell you COD is not dying. Alot of people consider BO2 the best COD since MW1.

Iff over 500k player at peak playtime on a weekday is considered dying then halo 4 is -Yoinked!-.

> Lol i play call of duty and halo, and i can tell you COD is not dying. Alot of people consider BO2 the best COD since MW1.
>
> Iff over 500k player at peak playtime on a weekday is considered dying then halo 4 is -Yoinked!-.

A lot of people however, say that Black Ops II is still bad.

I played CoD MW a few months ago, it wasn’t fun. I played Halo 3 today and I enjoyed it. Both games made in 2007.

> > Can you elaborate on why its better?
>
> AA’s, Custom Loadouts and Perks restrict how people play. For instance, if I choose to play with a BR on Ragnarok, I will almost certainly get my behind handed to me. If I choose to play with Regen Field instead of Promethean Vision or Active Camo then I will be at a disadvantage.
> The skill gap has been reduced by so much that there is hardly anything between an average player and a good player. In Halo 3, BR starts the best team often won. That isn’t the case in Halo 4.
> Map movement is reduced to nothing due to some weapons (DMR), Personal Ordnance causes nobody to move in Infinity Slayer. 343 wanted to speed up the game-play, but on maps like Ragnarok it has slowed down.
>
> Halo 3 was so basic and that’s why it worked and will continue to work well.
> Halo 4 is over-complicated, causing people to lose interest as there is nothing to play for other than fun, which is hard to come by.
> I enjoyed playing on the Forge Test playlist yesterday, because it reminded me of Halo 3. But there is still a lot of work to do before we get game-play worthy of the name HALO.

So right i played the forge testing and i enjoyed that so much but i cant play any other playlist they are all just boring.