Team balance!

I made so many post complaining about team balance so it only feels right I make a thank you post. The change since the update is easy to notice.

Arena seems to have a good narrow division range mirroring teams now. Haven’t had the classic diamonds vs silver yet knock on wood Warzone will always have mean sweeps here and there but I haven’t seen as many brutal matches where a team gets completely demolished. Kudos!

be careful praising 343. for every 343 positive topic, 5 negative topics are made.

really? my search preferences are set to “balanced” and i have gotten nothing but awful teammates. granted, I’m a silver, but I had four games in a row this morning with teammates who were like -10 and then quit.

> 2533274913126156;2:
> be careful praising 343. for every 343 positive topic, 5 negative topics are made.

Or so legend has it

> 2535468547991460;3:
> really? my search preferences are set to “balanced” and i have gotten nothing but awful teammates. granted, I’m a silver, but I had four games in a row this morning with teammates who were like -10 and then quit.

I used Focused, there’s a small increase on wait time for a match but it’s not drastically long or anything.

Expanded = random teams
Balanced = somewhat balanced
Focused = really balanced

Or at least that’s what the description says.

I would use “focused” for sure. “Balance” setting is what we supposedly had before the update. It was and is the default setting… I also think it has helped and moved in the right direction…

> 2533274864139918;5:
> > 2535468547991460;3:
> > really? my search preferences are set to “balanced” and i have gotten nothing but awful teammates. granted, I’m a silver, but I had four games in a row this morning with teammates who were like -10 and then quit.
>
>
> I used Focused, there’s a small increase on wait time for a match but it’s not drastically long or anything.
>
> Expanded = random teams
> Balanced = somewhat balanced
> Focused = really balanced
>
> Or at least that’s what the description says.

maybe i should try that. i do wonder how well that’ll work though. i think its just that Gold/Silver is so much of a toss up that its impossible to match that closely. one of the people who was -10 was like 6 ranks above me. ugh. all this would be solved by similarly skilled teammates I know. was a frustrating morning of solo MM haha

Focused didn’t work for me when we were 3 gold players and a diamond. But then, what were we expecting? Turns out, if your friends have a significant skill jump over you, you just can’t play Arena with them no matter what. It worked wonders when it was just 3 golds, though.

> 2533274800701473;8:
> Focused didn’t work for me when we were 3 gold players and a diamond. But then, what were we expecting? Turns out, if your friends have a significant skill jump over you, you just can’t play Arena with them no matter what. It worked wonders when it was just 3 golds, though.

Yeah but that system had a major flaw with fireteams. For some reason the balancing would take place after creating the lobby with players. Normally balancing will fill a team with an overall average skill level. But Halo 5 would take a random group of people into lobby then sort them. If you’re on a 3 or 4 man fireteam with high ranked players, it would take all those lower ranked players and put them into a group. This is where you would see full diamonds vs silver maybe 1 gold and unranked.

The reason I like the new change is because there’s less burden on high ranked solo players. I’m platinum (decent player) and it would make the enemy full gold then stick me with silvers/unranked, as if I alone would balance that team out. I hated that… too much pressure.

What i wouldn’t give for a solo warzone and slayer playlist. I say this in addition to the team balance issues. Getting matched against full teams is just painful.