Team Arena VS. Team Slayer

I am confused as to why “Team Slayer” is in the regular rotation with the “Team Arena” game types,when there is already a dedicated playlist for that.

By all means am i no Pro player but when it comes to CTF, Assault and Strongholds i am way more proficient at those types than i am at Slayer(I am quite terrible at this game type). If i wanted to play “Slayer” than i would select the “Slayer” game type.

I mean, they removed “Break Out” from the team arena playlist (which i happened to like) but decided to leave in “Slayer” . Then why don’t they add “Grifball” into the rotation?

I just don’t understand the logic, am i the only one that feels this way?

No you are definitely not the only one. I’ve said it occasionally, Team Arena needs to be changed to Team Objective. Have a playlist with all of the Objective game modes, like CTF, Assault, Strongholds (which is really Territories, isn’t it?), etc. We already have like 3 Slayer playlists, give the Objective game modes some love.

Team arena is what they used in the halo tourneys and chanpionship. Everything used in those are in team arena (minus break due to unpopularity). Slayer was used in the tourney, hence why it’s in, griffball was not, hence why it’s not in there. I think they should replace slayer as well and keep objectives in it but probably won’t happen.

I don’t like it either. Personally, I’d like to see:

• Make a Team Objective list that’s Team Arena without Slayer
  • Make Team Arena a max party of 1 so solo searchers have a place for team games

Team Arena is basically the H5 version of the MLG playlist in H3. It provides a place for people to play like the pros as well as providing the pros a place to practice when they aren’t scrimming. I wouldn’t mind a new playlist with just objective game modes but for now I am perfectly happy with the Team Arena playlist

Besides it being a playlist to mirror HCS, I think a big part of the reason Slayer is included is because Objective-only playlists have really struggled in past Halos. I really don’t get why. I enjoy object games better than anything else. But for some reason Team Objective has always been among the most sparsely populated.

I do wish they would put Arena Breakout back in the playlist. I really prefer it to actual breakout. Or I wish they would put it the Breakout playlist. It’s a good game mode and it needs a home.

> 2533274802673382;1:
> I am confused as to why “Team Slayer” is in the regular rotation with the “Team Arena” game types,when there is already a dedicated playlist for that.
>
> By all means am i no Pro player but when it comes to CTF, Assault and Strongholds i am way more proficient at those types than i am at Slayer(I am quite terrible at this game type). If i wanted to play “Slayer” than i would select the “Slayer” game type.
>
> I mean, they removed “Break Out” from the team arena playlist (which i happened to like) but decided to leave in “Slayer” . Then why don’t they add “Grifball” into the rotation?
>
> I just don’t understand the logic, am i the only one that feels this way?

Griffball isn’t competitive. It’s supposed to be for fun. Also, some people (such as myself) hate goofy game modes like GB. I will not play TA if GB were included. I also cannot stand Breakout. There is a reason that people whined about it so much that 343 was forced to remove it. It is the least played mode. I do agree with you concerning slayer though. That desperately needs to be removed. I want objective based game types… not slayer.

Because Team Arena is all the game modes combined. Arena Breakout was garbage

Take out team slayer, add in Oddball and KOTH and call it Team Objective. 343 plz

> 2533274900911359;7:
> > 2533274802673382;1:
> > I am confused as to why “Team Slayer” is in the regular rotation with the “Team Arena” game types,when there is already a dedicated playlist for that.
> >
> > By all means am i no Pro player but when it comes to CTF, Assault and Strongholds i am way more proficient at those types than i am at Slayer(I am quite terrible at this game type). If i wanted to play “Slayer” than i would select the “Slayer” game type.
> >
> > I mean, they removed “Break Out” from the team arena playlist (which i happened to like) but decided to leave in “Slayer” . Then why don’t they add “Grifball” into the rotation?
> >
> > I just don’t understand the logic, am i the only one that feels this way?
>
>
> Griffball isn’t competitive. It’s supposed to be for fun. Also, some people (such as myself) hate goofy game modes like GB. I will not play TA if GB were included. I also cannot stand Breakout. There is a reason that people whined about it so much that 343 was forced to remove it. It is the least played mode. I do agree with you concerning slayer though. That desperately needs to be removed. I want objective based game types… not slayer.

I was just using GB as an example. Although I do enjoy the GB game type I would not want it Into the regular Arena rotation.
And its not that I necessarily want Slayer completely removed but is it me or is that game type way more heavily used than other “Team Objective” game types? It seems like I have to play 2-3 “Slayer” types before a CTF or Assault pops…and then another 2-3 slayer…and so on…and so on…

Maybe that is what my concern is…

> 2533274802673382;10:
> > 2533274900911359;7:
> > > 2533274802673382;1:
> > > I am confused as to why “Team Slayer” is in the regular rotation with the “Team Arena” game types,when there is already a dedicated playlist for that.
> > >
> > > By all means am i no Pro player but when it comes to CTF, Assault and Strongholds i am way more proficient at those types than i am at Slayer(I am quite terrible at this game type). If i wanted to play “Slayer” than i would select the “Slayer” game type.
> > >
> > > I mean, they removed “Break Out” from the team arena playlist (which i happened to like) but decided to leave in “Slayer” . Then why don’t they add “Grifball” into the rotation?
> > >
> > > I just don’t understand the logic, am i the only one that feels this way?
> >
> >
> > Griffball isn’t competitive. It’s supposed to be for fun. Also, some people (such as myself) hate goofy game modes like GB. I will not play TA if GB were included. I also cannot stand Breakout. There is a reason that people whined about it so much that 343 was forced to remove it. It is the least played mode. I do agree with you concerning slayer though. That desperately needs to be removed. I want objective based game types… not slayer.
>
>
> I was just using GB as an example. Although I do enjoy the GB game type I would not want it Into the regular Arena rotation.
> And its not that I necessarily want Slayer completely removed but is it me or is that game type way more heavily used than other “Team Objective” game types? It seems like I have to play 2-3 “Slayer” types before a CTF or Assault pops…and then another 2-3 slayer…and so on…and so on…
>
> Maybe that is what my concern is…

Slayer is probably the most popular and traditional game in halo, hence why it’s played more often.

> 2533274980224085;9:
> Take out team slayer, add in Oddball and KOTH and call it Team Objective. 343 plz

I really wish we were able to play Oddball in arena. And KOTH would be great too.

Team arena is the rotation of maps from pro games. Its maps being played on their set game type. Pls no grifball in arena

> 2533274900911359;7:
> > 2533274802673382;1:
> > I am confused as to why “Team Slayer” is in the regular rotation with the “Team Arena” game types,when there is already a dedicated playlist for that.
> >
> > By all means am i no Pro player but when it comes to CTF, Assault and Strongholds i am way more proficient at those types than i am at Slayer(I am quite terrible at this game type). If i wanted to play “Slayer” than i would select the “Slayer” game type.
> >
> > I mean, they removed “Break Out” from the team arena playlist (which i happened to like) but decided to leave in “Slayer” . Then why don’t they add “Grifball” into the rotation?
> >
> > I just don’t understand the logic, am i the only one that feels this way?
>
>
> Griffball isn’t competitive. It’s supposed to be for fun. Also, some people (such as myself) hate goofy game modes like GB. I will not play TA if GB were included. I also cannot stand Breakout. There is a reason that people whined about it so much that 343 was forced to remove it. It is the least played mode. I do agree with you concerning slayer though. That desperately needs to be removed. I want objective based game types… not slayer.

I play grifball competitively

> 2533274923562209;3:
> Team arena is what they used in the halo tourneys and championship. Everything used in those are in team arena…

> 2533274847545000;5:
> Team Arena is basically the H5 version of the MLG playlist in H3. It provides a place for people to play like the pros as well as providing the pros a place to practice when they aren’t scrimming.

Exactly. Every official tournament game type and map combination is in Team Arena.

> 2533274891097288;8:
> Because Team Arena is all the game modes combined. Arena Breakout was garbage

I really liked arena breakout, it added a bit of variety. I’d love to play it again sometime.

But I agree with most people here - take Slayer out of Team Arena. I’d like to see an objective playlist too. Assault, CTF, Oddball, Strongholds.

I believe the correct pronunciation would be Team Strongholds vs Team Slayer

Playlists should have been similar to Halo 3. They focused to much on casual in H4 and to competitive in H5 there is no middle ground thats what made H3 awesome in my opinion.

Ranked
-Lone Wolves/FFA
-Slayer
-Objective
-Breakout

Social
-Slayer
-Bbjective
-BTB
-Grifball
-Infection

*Weekend Specials.